Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Island

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Sep 06, 2011

After a zombie virus sweeps across a beautiful island resort, survivors must fight their way to freedom while trying to find out exactly what went down in this open-world first-person action game.

Dead Island trailer...edited chronologically and added new music.

• 62 results
    zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By zaccheus
    @Toms115: Heh, that's advertising in a nutshell. It rarely has anything to do with the actual products. That's why we have reviews, date-sheets and so on. Facts. Sometimes ads bend the truth, sometimes they discard it all together.  

The value of a cinematic trailer and a gameplay trailer is quite different. The cinematic ones spike the brand, like we have been discussing this game overtly for a while and you will probably remember this. Also this trailer is super successful as it has been talked about outside the games press and that way reached a much wider audience. This works that's why it's done. Everybody talked about the BioShock Infinite trailer and these amazing SW: The Old Republic (1, 2) trailers. They just bring the name to peoples lips and imbed it in their minds. I find it best to separate the trailers and the games as much as possible and enjoy them separately. I mean just edit the title and developer screens out of those and they are amazing short films in their own right. Ok I'm way off-topic now and will shut up.
    HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By HS21
    @ryanwho said:
    " The internet is determined to take an uncharacteristically great trailer and make it shittier. Let me ask you. When you see a great painting you like are you instantly compelled to deface it? "
    CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#53  Edited By CastroCasper
    @ryanwho said:
    " The internet is determined to take an uncharacteristically great trailer and make it shittier. Let me ask you. When you see a great painting you like are you instantly compelled to deface it? "
    "Art is never finished, only abandoned"- Leonardo da Vinci. 

Once you put something out there, it is the worlds to enjoy, even if that means destroying it. Any which way you play it, I think this is a good trailer.
    I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#54  Edited By I_smell
    @Obienator REALLY cool! I didn't notice it the first time, but I love how at the start her tiny hand goes up to the dad, then he reaches out and goes way beyond her hand n picks up her whole body.
    Also nice music.
    And it replays itself in a couple spot early on, but aaahhhhhh no big deal.

Also Ryanwho is a douche
    monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#55  Edited By monkeyking1969

Excellent job, thank you for your effort. 
    Colt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#56  Edited By Colt
    @Milkman said:

" @LordXavierBritish said:

" I didn't know people actually thought this trailer was good. I thought it was kind of boring and really bland, but I guess that's just me.  This is cool though. You did a good thing. "
    Yep, it must come as a shock that people thought the trailer was good considering pretty much the entire internet has been talking about it since the second it was posted online. If you want to call it "boring" and "bland", fine. But don't just "Oh, I didn't know anyone likes this LAWL" just to be an idiot. That's like me coming into a thread about Red Dead Redemption and saying "People like this game? Huh...Never would have guessed." "
    Not everyone spends all their time on gaming websites. I only heard of this game once from a facebook status from a guy who always talks about video games. Really the only place you would know about the popularity of this video is from game sites or from friends. How can you condescend to someone who seemingly has more of a life than you?
    Avatar image for favoritobandito
    FavoritoBandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By FavoritoBandito

Nice Job!

SonKite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By SonKite
    @Obienator: 

Great work, I really liked that you used the Lost music, and that eye at the end totally a reference to Lost. But it would be great if Michael Giacchino would do the music to the game.
    valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#59  Edited By valrog

I approve of the use of Lost Soundtrack. Well done.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#60  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I really enjoyed watching this edited version of the trailer. It was surprising to see that the parts in the original trailer could be melded together so smoothly since I couldn't piece it all together myself.

Tuggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#61  Edited By Tuggah
    @Xearo said:
    " Cool to see it in chronological order, also Dad looks like Christian from WWE "
    Holy shit, I will never be able to look at the dad the same ever again.
    sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#62  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Fantastic work, OP!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.