Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Rising 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Sep 02, 2010

Dead Rising 2 is a third-person action-adventure survival horror game that takes place five years after the end of the original Dead Rising, moving its zombie apocalypse setting into the glamorous Fortune City.

Dead Rising 2: Zombrex Edition (The UK Version)

Burn1n9m4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

Edited By Burn1n9m4n

So I bought Dead Rising 2 at HMV today and they are throwing in a free Zombie figure and a blu-ray copy of Zombieland in addition to the game.  I bought the steel case Zombrex edition which has a Zombrex injector pen and a making of DVD also included.  So anyway I'm going to mess around with that after I get done with this poster that i have to make for a conference next week.  I'll update this post when I find out how awesome the game is. 

Laterz

Burn1n9m4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Burn1n9m4n

So I bought Dead Rising 2 at HMV today and they are throwing in a free Zombie figure and a blu-ray copy of Zombieland in addition to the game.  I bought the steel case Zombrex edition which has a Zombrex injector pen and a making of DVD also included.  So anyway I'm going to mess around with that after I get done with this poster that i have to make for a conference next week.  I'll update this post when I find out how awesome the game is. 

Laterz

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

Cya, fella.

Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Chokobo

That actually sounds like some awesome perks.  Colo(u)r me jealous.

Kibblez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Kibblez

How much is it in-store?

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By flaminghobo

That reminds me of the Cult of Rapture pens that 2K were giving away to forum users. I was able to get a poster from them which was nice.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Nekroskop

Man, I was so disapointed in the Zombrex Pack. They wanted 150 NOK(Norwaybucks) extra for a syringe and something I can find on youtube. There was no High Roller or any Special Edition other than the Zombrex Pack where I bought it

takua108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By takua108
    @Chokobo said:
    "Colo(u)r me jealous. "
    This made me laugh more than it should have.
    kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By kagato

Thats a pretty good deal!  I bought mine of Game so got no extra stuff, wish i had waited now lol.  Also got the Zombrex steel tin box.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By guiseppe

God damn, you got the zombrex edition AND got the figurine for lés free? I ordered the outbreak edition with the figurine, but I have no sttel case or zombrex pen :(.

Bumbuliuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Bumbuliuz

A pretty sweet deal there, hope you have fun playing the game.

Burn1n9m4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Burn1n9m4n
    @Kibblez:  

The complete package cost me £44.99 which is approximately $71.23 (according to Windows currency converter). But that got me: 

-The steel case game 
    -A Zombrex pen (with actual drug box which has some pretty hilarious stuff written on it) 
    -The figurine which is being offered in larger sizes with other sets I believe 
    -Zombieland on Blu-ray which normally sells for £19.99. 
    -Making of DVD (or is it a Blu-ray...not sure) 

So yeah it's worth the extra 10 quid over the normal edition of the game. I think the 360 version was also coming with the figurine, but in place of the blu-ray they were giving away XBL points cards which I think amounted to 800 MS points. 
    Burn1n9m4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Burn1n9m4n
    @Chokobo:  

Lol! I'm an American living in England, so I would spell it 'color ' instead of 'colour' too. And 'plow' instead of 'plough' as well.  Extraneous u's = FTL 

Just kidding UK residents.  I kid because I love!  

To which I will now use the customary UK, metrotextual signature sign-off: 

Burn xxx
    Sedasys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sedasys

I didn't bother with Zombrex edition. I don't really feel like paying an extra tenner for a pen and a weak metal case.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By RandomHero666

I didn't have enough money on release day to get the Zombrex edition, as much as i wanted it.. i had to get the Normal version, it came with Shaun Of The Dead which I already have =/

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Ramone
    @Burn1n9m4n:  No, no one ever signs off with the word 'Burn' : ). Anywho where are you in the U.K? Up here in Newcastle I wasn't getting any crazy deals like that.
    Avatar image for deactivated-60339640361ae
    deactivated-60339640361ae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

That cost about 45 euros on Zavvi, which is pretty neat because it probably is around 70 euros in Finnish stores. Not bad.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By c1337us

Noice. I like the look of the Zombrex edition. I just dont like the first game so I'll probably give this one a miss.

Burn1n9m4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Burn1n9m4n
    @Jonny7892:
    Like I said man I get it from my more, as I refer to them, metrotextual friends. Anyways, I got it at the Oxford HMV. Also, and this is probably an FYI for everyone thats interested, the retail store Game, in Oxford at least, was carrying the normal and Zombrex editions along with the Outbreak edition with the 12'' zombie figurine. Additionally they were also offering the Ninja suit as a bonus if you bought the Zombie or Outbreak editions of the game. Same price as HMV too, but without the Zombieland blu-ray thrown in.  

By the way I played it some before I left for this conference here in Germany (during Oktoberfest I might add). The game is pretty sweet, but, and I maybe alone here, does anyone else think that the time element severely restricts exploration? I mean I like how it adds tension and keeps the game flowing, but I feel like it dictates my actions the whole time and has me on a very short leash. I wasn't able to play the original, but I saw a buddy of mine beat it. So I know the narrative as well as the mechanic. Its nice that they improved the font size on screen, but I just feel like Chuck's on a major leash much the same way that Frank West was in the first game. Given how awesome it is just to go out and explore and pummel zombies to death the leash seems like a bit of a buzzkill.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.