Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Jan 25, 2011

Dead Space 2 is the sequel to the 2008 surprise hit Dead Space. The no-longer-silent Isaac Clarke finds himself trapped on a city-sized space station called the Sprawl, which has been overtaken by another Necromorph infestation.

I can't tell if this is awesome or awful...

Avatar image for coheedfavorhouse
    CoheedFavorHouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By CoheedFavorHouse

http://dragonage.bioware.com/addon/     

Okay. So I’m pretty sure I read that right. Since Dead Space 2 and Dragon Age 2 have some sort of perverse relationship through EA…

buying DS2 new nets you ISAAC MOTHERFUCKING CLARKE armor in DA2?

As ballin as that sounds. I don’t know how I feel about that. I know Mass Effect (2?) and Dragon Age did something pretty similar, but this just sounds…wrong.

What do y'all think? 
    fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By fwylo

Fantastic is the word you're looking for.  They made it look good enough that it doesn't look stupid I'd say.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Sambambo

Fable 2 did this with Halo stuff. The MC armour, an energy sword and the assault rifle.

Worked well imo, so this doesn't worry me.

roborobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By roborobb

I thought the integration of Fable 2 + Halo stuff was unnecessary, and personally I found it retracted from the experience and game world. So as you can guess, i'm not for this kind of garbage.

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SteamPunkJin

So I'm gonna have to go buy Madden 2012 to get all the armor for Mass Effect 3 right? 

This is fucking stupid.

Popskinz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Popskinz

Im okay with it, as long as you still get other types of armor and stuff for beating the game. That bolstered the replay value by a great deal in the original Dead Space.
    Moth_Pope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Moth_Pope

I don't mind when it's subtle like that. And like others said, it sort of looks fitting which makes it better. I think more than anything EA are just really happy with how Isaac Clark's look ended up... He was also in Skate 2, don't forget. I found that more disturbing, personally. Just hope they don't whore him out too much.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By ProfessorEss

I'm not typically a fan of this sort of thing but that helmet looks so good that I can't not like it.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By spazmaster666

Since I'll be getting the PC version, I don't care much for this type of thing because of mods. Still, I wouldn't mind it since Isaac's suit does look somewhat like a suit of futuristic knight armor.

Cornman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Cornman89

It's neither. Sell the damn thing and make some quick gold. Done.

MikeHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MikeHawk

does this work cross platform? I play DA on PC but Dead Space on PS3. Since it's just a code,  I didn't know if it would be supported.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kingzetta

For fucks sake people relax.
    If you don't like it do use it.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By Oldirtybearon
    @MikeHawk: It probably will be. Check BioWare Social (if you never have), you'll see that all of the codes for Dragon Age and Mass Effect 2 netted you both the PC and Xbox 360 versions, it just depended on which platform you redeemed. 

This will work the same way.
    Avatar image for coheedfavorhouse
    CoheedFavorHouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By CoheedFavorHouse
    @Moth_Pope said:
    " I don't mind when it's subtle like that. And like others said, it sort of looks fitting which makes it better. I think more than anything EA are just really happy with how Isaac Clark's look ended up... He was also in Skate 2, don't forget. I found that more disturbing, personally. Just hope they don't whore him out too much. "
    there was an isaac clarke outfit in a tiger woods game too, wasnt there?
    kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kingzetta
    @CoheedFavorHouse said:
    " @Moth_Pope said:
    " I don't mind when it's subtle like that. And like others said, it sort of looks fitting which makes it better. I think more than anything EA are just really happy with how Isaac Clark's look ended up... He was also in Skate 2, don't forget. I found that more disturbing, personally. Just hope they don't whore him out too much. "
    there was an isaac clarke outfit in a tiger woods game too, wasnt there? "
    I think that was a Hot Shots Golf game actually
    Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Oldirtybearon
    @CoheedFavorHouse said:
    " http://dragonage.bioware.com/addon/     

Okay. So I’m pretty sure I read that right. Since Dead Space 2 and Dragon Age 2 have some sort of perverse relationship through EA…

buying DS2 new nets you ISAAC MOTHERFUCKING CLARKE armor in DA2?

As ballin as that sounds. I don’t know how I feel about that. I know Mass Effect (2?) and Dragon Age did something pretty similar, but this just sounds…wrong.

What do y'all think?  "
    I think that there's nothing wrong with this. Back in the so-called "golden age" of video games crossovers like this were not uncommon, and they were usually regarded as "awesome" and "fucking cool", because hey, it's that guy you like but in this game! I had a blast skateboarding as Spider-Man in THPS2, for example. 

The better question is why people are getting up in arms over this? I don't understand how the gaming public can go from "Hey that's pretty cool" to Bill Bixby-inspired rage at their keyboards over what is essentially a harmless item that'll be cool to have if you like Dead Space and Dragon Age (probably a lot of people do). I don't understand it, honestly. It's like the gaming public has overnight turned into a bunch of pretentious twats who turn their nose up at stuff that was either not designed for them or is utterly harmless. If you don't plan on getting Dragon Age 2, don't use the redemption code. If you don't want the armour and don't care about Dead Space 2, skip it (although I hear DS2 is pretty fantabulous). I honestly don't get where all of this seething rage is coming from.
    kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kingzetta
    @KingWilly:  people that have sticks up their asses, like to rage about everything.
    MikeHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MikeHawk
    @KingWilly: yeah, I've been to the bioware social site before. That would make sense if they did it like that.
    TonyBlue87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TonyBlue87

Seeing as how it is COMPLETELY OPTIONAL TO USE THIS why get all bent out of shape?  If you use it, great.  If you don't, still great.  Next thread.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Oldirtybearon
    @MikeHawk: Have faith, good sir. Despite what others around here would have you believe, BioWare won't screw you. 
    Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By the_hiro_abides

Yeah this crazy DLC suit for DA2 would be crazy if it's entirely the only reason you're buying Dead Space 2. If it's not (as it should be) it's a nice bonus if you're into Dragon Age 2 as well. But unless the helmet disappears for dialogue like in the original DA, then I probably won't use it much in the first run.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Spoonman671

Do I get a plasma cutter?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.