Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space Extraction

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Sep 28, 2009

A prequel to Dead Space, Extraction tells the story of the original Necromorph outbreak on the USG Ishimura. The game trades the original's third-person action for a hectic on-rails shooter from a first-person perspective.

DS: Extraction Reviews Thread

• 56 results
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#51  Edited By Hailinel
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " Did they have lightgun shells @ the showfloor? I imagine it plays best with one. I don't have any yet and thus no lightgun games but I want to start buying the back catalogue of lightgun shooters soon... Just can't justify 25 euros for that damn Overkill lightgun shell. "
    No, they didn't have any sort of lightgun shells for use for Extraction at PAX.  Not that I really think it needs one.  I've played several lightgun games on the Wii with just the Wii Remote (and in RE:  UC's case, the Nunchuk) and had absolutely no trouble with them.  Honestly, a plastic shell would have just been a hinderance in RE's case.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Al3xand3r

Well I'm sure they're fully playable, and perhaps even a little easier, but that could also be blander. Maybe that's the arcade fan in me :-)

I dunno if RE: UC is optimised for shell use, does it require buttons on the remote other than B? Does it have a calibration screen too?

Too bad lightgun games don't work like they used to, making proper lightguns useless, it would be sweet to modify one of these and use it on Wii, alas it's impossible (not that it would be easy to find one). I think that's my favorite lightgun ever, even though as far as games go I preffered SEGA's by far. This was used on the first Time Crisis and also on Point Blank and was amazing, though @ the shitty joint I had to go to find it, they tended to break from morons after not a long time, and lost their recoil function. I'm not sure if future Time Crisis titles had this. I remember a sequel here that had a crappy non-recoiling SMG style gun, but online I found a Time Crisis 4 video that has a similar lightgun to this, so, idk.

Oh yeah, Silent Scope was pretty cool the first few times also, with the screen in the scope :-)

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#53  Edited By Hailinel
    @Al3xand3r: RE:  UC has a knife melee attack that requires flicking the Wii Remote.  It's awkward to pull off if you're using a gun shell, which is ironic given that there's actually an RE:  UC-branded gun shell.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By demontium
    @Al3xand3r: its still an on rail shooter, no matter how good the story is i have HotD and umbrella already, i can watch the rest on youtube
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By Al3xand3r

I guess you need something like this.

:-P

Edit: demontium, why do you keep saying @Al3xand3r? How is that a reply to me? Why do you need me to care about your opinion? Wtf?
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#56  Edited By Meowayne

I got this game today after finishing Dead Space yesterday and I am impressed (and surprised, even after it was said so many times) at how much this is Dead Space - visually, and gameplay-wise. 

No Caption Provided

And I was pleased to see that the game is not only fully zapper/handgun compatible, but also controls very well with them despite the little number of buttons. There's even an aim configuration screen that works perfect, even better than that of HotD2+3. Its a matter of seconds to get the crosshair 1:1 aligned with your visual aim. Great. A little pointless since you cannot turn the crosshair off, but great nonetheless.  

Looking forward to progressing through the game. Everyone who is not trying this out because "its on the wii" or "its a rails shooter omg" is missing out on something good. Your loss.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.