Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 14, 2008

Engineer Isaac Clarke battles a polymorphic virus-like alien infestation that turns human corpses into grotesque undead alien monsters called "Necromorphs" while trying to survive on board an infested interstellar mining ship named the USG Ishimura.

Platinum and 1000/1000

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By zitosilva

A few weeks back we were all discussing tips on how to tackle impossible, how people were going for trophies/achievements, how to do specific things, etc.

Now I see no one commenting about it anymore, probably due to the huge amount of good games that are being releases right now. So, just wondering, did you guys manage to get your platinuns and 1000/1000? Are you still trying?

I just got Platinum yesterday. It was fun, I really enjoyed exploring Dead Space to its completude.

Avatar image for disabilityfishy
    DisAbiLityFisHy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By DisAbiLityFisHy

ReTarDedFisHy is currently on the last level, Chapter 12
    All he needs is:

• Concordance Officer
    • One Gun
    • Epic Tier 3 Engineer
    Yeah, he's completing the game on Impossible while at the same time aiming for the One Gun trophy. Lots of hard. Lots of fun.
    So yeah, completing the game with only the Plasma Cutter on Impossible, without using Power Node cheats/glitches (which some people do... fags)
    But just a quick question - does using the power node cheats null and void chances of getting trophies?
    Hope it does, ReTarDedFisHy doesn't want people getting awesome trophies by cheating :(
    zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By zitosilva

I'm pretty sure it doesn't. At least that's what other people were saying at another topic. I did just like you, not cheats for me.

ieatlions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ieatlions

it doesnt invalidate but your so far in i wouldnt risk it...

Daeica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Daeica

800/1000 and working. Lacking One Gun and Epic Tier 3 engineer, and the one where you shoot asteroids but come out with 50% health, that thing is fucking awfull. Had it on a different safe game for two weeks, still can't get through it.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By zitosilva
    Daeica said:
    "800/1000 and working. Lacking One Gun and Epic Tier 3 engineer, and the one where you shoot asteroids but come out with 50% health, that thing is fucking awfull. Had it on a different safe game for two weeks, still can't get through it."
    One thing I noticed is that it's possible to be a little lucky. Sometimes the asteroids will be spread making it harder to get them. But sometimes they appear really close, making shooting them a breeze. I failed horribly the first 5 times I tried. Then suddenly I managed without no difficulty at all.
    Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Demilich

I'll get it when I feel like finishing impossible. It didn't feel that hard really. I was just distracted by the bazillion games coming out.

PenguinNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By PenguinNerd

I've just got the finish upgrading everything, and then beating it on Impossible with the One Gun.  So for people who have done Impossible how much of a difficulty spike is it?  I've heard conflicting stories...

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By zitosilva
    nerdboy said:
    "I've just got the finish upgrading everything, and then beating it on Impossible with the One Gun.  So for people who have done Impossible how much of a difficulty spike is it?  I've heard conflicting stories..."
    Not all that much really. Enemies can rip you apart more easily, but since by now you probably know where they are this is doesn't get in the way too much. The quantity of itens, health and the price of things is all the same. And bosses will be behave in the same  manner, I think that only the Leviathan has more health, the others are the same.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By jakob187

With all the awesome games that have been coming out...with absolutely awesome achievements to unlock...man, it's just been so nuts that I haven't had time to go back and nab the rest of the achievements.  Right now, I need:

30 kills with Ripper
    30 kills with Contact beam
    50% hull on both levels
    Epic Tier 3 Engineer
    All upgrades

I'm probably going to do all that sometime next week.  I want to play some more World at War still, and hopefully, I'm not going to get super deadlocked into Left 4 Dead that I neglect any achievement whoring duties that I impose on myself.

Because I still want to roll out my 1k/1k for CoD2...and 1k/1k on Fallout 3...and 1k/1k on CoD4...

Man, I don't have enough time for this shit.  lol
    Arjuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Arjuna
    zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By zitosilva
    Arjuna said:
    "

I bought this game when it came out and even though there were other games coming out, I stuck to this one.  I played it to 1000/1000.  The gamerpoints are pretty easy, since most of them can be achived by replaying on the easiest difficulty.  The hardest one would be beating the hardest difficulty.  I only had to resort to a walkthrough for the Peng treasure acheivement, since I didn't know where it was.  I "LOVED" this game.  I've heard ppl say that they didn't find it scary...  and I thought I was cold!  This game constantly had me on the edge of my seat and filled with dread; I had to turn it off despite the compelling gameplay 'because' it had me so riled.  I have 5.1, HD, and I play in the dark, so that adds to the experience.  If you play games on SD, mono, or don't even turn the lights down then you rob yourself of an experience.

"
    It was scary, I just think that the "scary factor" starts to fade away from the middle to the end. But before that, hell yeah, it was scary. And no doubt, a surround system is a requirement to enjoy this game.
    Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Shadow

I'm on level 5 of impossible with only the plasma cutter.  It was actually easier than getting to the same spot while using other weapons too.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By get2sammyb

I just need only Plasma Cutter and to complete it on impossible. I'm on Chapter 7 with both trophies firmly in tact, just need to find a break from other games to finish it off. It took nearly 3 completes of Normal until I got all weapons maxed out so, much as I love the game, I got kinda tried of beating it four times in a row... hence the break at Chapter 7.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.