Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadly Premonition

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 23, 2010

An open-world action-adventure game following an eccentric FBI agent as he investigates a series of bizarre murders in the small rural town of Greenvale.

Deadly Premonition Mental Balance Map (Spoilers)

kevinski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By kevinski
    No Caption Provided
    If you've visited deadlypremonition.com, then you might've noticed a "map" of sorts that represents the mind's balance with respect to certain elements of the storyline, especially locations. I figured that it might be interesting to discuss the parallels between different parts shown on this map, as it might give us more insight into the more obscure parts of the game.

Obviously, there are points in the game that take place in one of three colored "rooms" of sorts. As you can see from the map, the red room is representative of malice, whereas the green room is representative of good will. I assume that there's a bit of a translation issue here, however, as it's more likely that the red room is intended to represent confusion and fear, whereas the green room represents peace of mind and understanding. Of course, the white room lies between them, insinuating that the white room is a path of sorts between two completely different mindsets. Decisions made in the white room lead you closer to one of the other two rooms.

Note, however, that the white room (like the other two rooms) is still outside of the real world. As such, decisions that're made in the white room aren't decisions that require any true physical action. They're just thoughts. Of course, the inner circle of the map represents the real world, and it seems to insinuate that these states of minds previously discussed can take physical forms.

At least, that's my take on all of this. Thing is, I really don't understand the vertical parallels in the map, just the horizontal ones. Anyone care to take a stab at decoding this map?
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By mikemcn

My god that gives me a headache, it means that we knew Zachs dad was good the whole time because he was in the green world?

kevinski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kevinski
    @Mikemcn said:
    " My god that gives me a headache, it means that we knew Zachs dad was good the whole time because he was in the green world? "
    You know, despite beating the game twice, I must confess that I didn't pay much attention to the location of Zach's dad at certain times. The only time that I recall him being in a forest was whenever he's walking away from you, but I don't seem to get the vibe that the forest in that scene was the same as the green (forest) room. It just didn't strike me as a scene that represented comfort or understanding. I'll hafta pay more attention to him on my current playthrough.
    I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By I_smell

I don't remember a green room. I only remember the red room (right from the start) and the white room (where Mr Stewart allways was).

kevinski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kevinski
    @I_smell said:
    " I don't remember a green room. I only remember the red room (right from the start) and the white room (where Mr Stewart allways was). "
    If you haven't beaten the game, then you may not understand that portion as much. The green room HAS appeared in the ER's, however, namely during one of the murders. I believe that it was Becky's, because Becky was reaching out, and York saw Anna reaching out for her in the green (forest) room. The same room appears in the ending, which you'll see in VJ's next episode, I believe.
    sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By sixghost
    @kevinski said:
    " @I_smell said:
    " I don't remember a green room. I only remember the red room (right from the start) and the white room (where Mr Stewart allways was). "
    If you haven't beaten the game, then you may not understand that portion as much. The green room HAS appeared in the ER's, however, namely during one of the murders. I believe that it was Becky's, because Becky was reaching out, and York saw Anna reaching out for her in the green (forest) room. The same room appears in the ending, which you'll see in VJ's next episode, I believe. "
    The forest room also is where York chases after his Dad.
    Linkin10362

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Linkin10362
    @sixghost:
    And also in today's episode when Zach sees Emily go with all the other victims and York. They are in the Green Room when this is happening.
    Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#8  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Does that map point towards a PAL release at all?

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#9  Edited By Legend

Swery is a fucking genius that's all I'm gonna say. This is hands down one of the best stories I've ever experienced.

RobJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By RobJ
    @Legend: I agree with that statement wholeheartedly. There have been few stories that entertained and moved me as much as this one.
    b33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By b33

LOL DEEP, it's all i have to say

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Azteck
    @Legend said:
    " Swery is a fucking genius that's all I'm gonna say. This is hands down one of the best stories I've ever experienced. "
    @RobJ said:
    " @Legend: I agree with that statement wholeheartedly. There have been few stories that entertained and moved me as much as this one. "

This and this. Both very true statements for myself as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.