Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadly Premonition

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 23, 2010

An open-world action-adventure game following an eccentric FBI agent as he investigates a series of bizarre murders in the small rural town of Greenvale.

Dumbass trailer

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By I_smell

I went to the website lookin for a picture of Keith, cos I thought he looked like Gene from God Hand. There's not a very good picture of him on Giantbomb so y'know.
     http://www.deadlypremonition.com/
    Go to MULTIMEDIA, and there's a trailer that 1) doesn't show what's good about the game at all, and 2) spoils pretty much everything in the game. It must've bin made by a third-party PR team or something, because what the hell.

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#2  Edited By Legend

Yeah, I noticed that too. Whoever worked on it doesn't know the basics of making a good trailer.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Meh, the cuts are so fast that you won't really be spoiled unless you know what you're looking for or you pay attention to every detail while pausing the video.  A lot of game trailers have some clips that can potentially be spoilers, but the editing makes it so that you won't really know that if you haven't played (or watched) the game before.

And there's not much to show in a game like Deadly Premonition.  They showed enough of the combat sequences, and that's basically all they really needed to to give the viewer a feel for what the game actually is.  What I don't like is that they made it seem as if this game has a constant dark mood and is focused on its violence, which it is not.

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Ryax

but its a dumb ass game?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b6c667dde711
    deactivated-5b6c667dde711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 5

spoilers much?

and let's take every creepy sounding adjective we can think of and put it in front of Greenvale.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

If there wasn't a GB ER of this you would have no idea what any of that meant, and would be intrigued. It actually isn't a bad trailer imo
    I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By I_smell
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    " Meh, the cuts are so fast that you won't really be spoiled unless you know what you're looking for or you pay attention to every detail while pausing the video.  A lot of game trailers have some clips that can potentially be spoilers, but the editing makes it so that you won't really know that if you haven't played (or watched) the game before. "
    Yeah you're probably right. It would spoil things if you'd just started the game or were halfway through it though, and it does make the game look like Saw or something.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.