Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadly Premonition

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 23, 2010

An open-world action-adventure game following an eccentric FBI agent as he investigates a series of bizarre murders in the small rural town of Greenvale.

Game breaking glitch (Chapter 9; minor spoilers)

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#1  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

I was playing the game again so I could fill out the rest of the wiki, but I decided to reload previous chapters in order to fulfill side missions for infinite ammo, car parts, etc. Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know that once you get the key from Olivia Cormack to open the back yard of the A&G Diner, DO NOT RELOAD AND COMPLETE A PREVIOUS CHAPTER! Doing so will overwrite your inventory and get rid of the key needed to progress the plot!

Canberra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Canberra

I can't say I’m surprised that there's one in there. 
    I just hope Brian and Jenny see this otherwise we may have a premature conclusion to the ER.    

dudacles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By dudacles

Brian and Jenny? What? :p

Anyway, I doubt this'll happen to the ER, because they are certainly not planning on playing this game for even a second longer than they have to. Replaying chapters is not part of the deal, especially not for Brad.

eldiax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By eldiax
    @Canberra said:
    " I can't say I’m surprised that there's one in there. I just hope Brian and Jenny see this otherwise we may have a premature conclusion to the ER.     "
    I kindaaaa doubt any group will go back to do sidequests, especially Brian.
    YellowKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By YellowKing
    @eldiax:  I dunno, Brad's a completionist and doing the sidequests makes a lot of the games weaknesses more tolerable.  Some rewards are just flat out awesome.
    Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Karkarov
    @YellowKing: 

Like SMG's that hold 360 rounds per clip with infinite ammo and the ability to get a car that drives 80 mph and doesn't handle like a dump truck?
    Kwanzaa_Snider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kwanzaa_Snider

Just got hit by the Chapter 9 key glitch in my first play through. What a shame. I was enjoying how ridiculous this game is. I don't think I can stomach starting over from the beginning again.

weeken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By weeken

I had this happen to me and was absolutely LUCKY I happen to backup my save on MU just prior to trying to reload a chapter and do the side missions. It took me awhile to figure what I hell I did wrong. This was the first glitch I found with respect to replaying chapters and haven't had any other issues YET. :)

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By gike987

I really hope they see this. We don't want the ER to end because of this glitch.

sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By sixghost

There's no way they will reload chapters. There is no danger of this happening in the ER.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#11  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

You know, I find it funny how most of you assumed I posted this for the ER. Nay, it was for if you were playing the game on your own time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.