Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

WTF Just Happened?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By xyzygy

I went to teleport back to the Nexus after beating the Tower Knight and when I got back I found that that soldier who usually sits beside the Archstone to the Boletarian Palace was missing and all that was left where he sat was a "Storied Soldier's Soul". Beside it I also noticed a bloodstain and when examined, showed an idiot trying to kill him and dying. Many questions abound. 

1. If this idiot killed that poor soldier, and was killed by say, the Blacksmith, would it show up in my game? 
    2. Could someone else have dropped it from their game?
    3. Maybe this is supposed to happen...? 
    4. Before I left for 1-3, before killing the Tower Knight, the soldier was wondering about his body and whether it was rotting and what's become of it. Perhaps I managed to find his body, and now he is at peace? 

The reason I say the player was killed by the blacksmith is because the bloodstain showed him attacking at the spot where that soldier once sat, then he ran over towards Boldwin and Thomas, and died.

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Driadon

I've read in other threads here that if you talk to that soldier, he eventually starts forgetting who he is and just disappears if you keep talking to him.

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Yeah, he randomly disappeared in my game as well.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By xyzygy

I remember him going slightly crazy, becoming scared and making me go away. When I first met him he seemed very confident... but last time I talked to him he was crying. That's kind of depressing. What an awesome game.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By trophyhunter

I think that is suppose to happen

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By OmegaPirate

I have the guide that came with the deluxe edition -i havent started the game yet - however a brief brave - trying not to spoiler it - glimpse through the guide lists the fellow i think you're talking bout 

Crestfallen Warrior :- 

Appears in the nexus early on in the game and becomes more and more depressed as the game progresses - eventually fading away to leave a blue flame you can collect. 

Sounds sad :(

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By trophyhunter
    @OmegaPirate said:
    " I have the guide that came with the deluxe edition -i havent started the game yet - however a brief brave - trying not to spoiler it - glimpse through the guide lists the fellow i think you're talking bout  Crestfallen Warrior :-  Appears in the nexus early on in the game and becomes more and more depressed as the game progresses - eventually fading away to leave a blue flame you can collect.  Sounds sad :( "
    well I'd be sad too If I were trapped in the nexus forever with no way of getting out not even dieing
    OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By OmegaPirate
    @trophyhunter said:  

Touche salesman- and on that note - im going to start up demons souls for my first attempt - (not using the guide on first run through) - here goes nothing!
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By trophyhunter
    @OmegaPirate said:
    " @trophyhunter said:   Touche salesman- and on that note - im going to start up demons souls for my first attempt - (not using the guide on first run through) - here goes nothing! "
    in 30 hours I made it all the way to the last boss and I have to start over because I leveled up my person in a way that made him useless
    OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By OmegaPirate
    @trophyhunter said:  

0_o 

How are you not throwing your tv out the window?!
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By trophyhunter
    @OmegaPirate said:
    " @trophyhunter said:   0_o  How are you not throwing your tv out the window?! "
    .......because I really like demon's souls XD
    here is a tip I was a magic user which actually made the game not really hard at all but the last boss requires you to be a good melee guy.
    the last boss dodge any magic even homing soul arrow so prepare for melee. 
    Cadmus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Cadmus

he suicides himself if you talk to him too much

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By OmegaPirate
    @trophyhunter said:  

Not bad advice :) having had a brief look at the stats of each class im edging towards hunter as a starting class - im not too great with range/magic stuff in games (im usually a tank/brawler in rpg's/mmo's)
    Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By Driadon
    @trophyhunter: Well how did that end up screwing you to start over? Wouldn't you be able to grind up some souls and start upping your strength for some melee power?
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By xyzygy
    @trophyhunter said:
    " @OmegaPirate said:
    " @trophyhunter said:   0_o  How are you not throwing your tv out the window?! "
    .......because I really like demon's souls XD here is a tip I was a magic user which actually made the game not really hard at all but the last boss requires you to be a good melee guy. the last boss dodge any magic even homing soul arrow so prepare for melee.  "
    That's good to know, I don't plan on putting any skill points into magic... 

@OmegaPirate said:
    " @trophyhunter said:   Touche salesman- and on that note - im going to start up demons souls for my first attempt - (not using the guide on first run through) - here goes nothing! "  
    I put quite a bit of skill points into my Luck, because it affects the drop rate like no other game I've played before. I get so much healing items now, I have over 55 which halfway heal me and over 40 which 1/4 heal me.
    OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By OmegaPirate
    @xyzygy said:  

So there's actually a benefit to increasing luck that;s visible in this game? 

That's good to know- apart from the obvious ones (fallout 1+2) i've never really seen a game where increasing the luck of your character had an overly visible effect.  
    Admittedly i wasn't really looking for it in games, but it's one of those stats that doesn't have a straight edge "This WILL do this" when you up it - as such i tend to avoid it in favour of hitting things harder xD
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By trophyhunter
    @OmegaPirate said:
    " @trophyhunter said:   Not bad advice :) having had a brief look at the stats of each class im edging towards hunter as a starting class - im not too great with range/magic stuff in games (im usually a tank/brawler in rpg's/mmo's) "
    well if you don't want range don't pick hunter he has the bow and arrow
    OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By OmegaPirate
    @trophyhunter said:  

And there goes that plan xD!
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By trophyhunter
    @xyzygy said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    " @OmegaPirate said:
    .......because I really like demon's souls XD here is a tip I was a magic user which actually made the game not really hard at all but the last boss requires you to be a good melee guy. the last boss dodge any magic even homing soul arrow so prepare for melee.  "
    That's good to know, I don't plan on putting any skill points into magic... 

@OmegaPirate said:
    I put quite a bit of skill points into my Luck, because it affects the drop rate like no other game I've played before. I get so much healing items now, I have over 55 which halfway heal me and over 40 which 1/4 heal me. "
    actually I heard luck really doesn't do much for drop rates I have a luck stat of 9 and have 99 full moon grasses 40 half moon grasses and 10 new moon grasses all from drops
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By trophyhunter
    @OmegaPirate said:
    " @trophyhunter said:   And there goes that plan xD! "
    wanderer that's a good one 
    aliss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#21  Edited By aliss
    @xyzygy said:
    " I remember him going slightly crazy, becoming scared and making me go away. When I first met him he seemed very confident... but last time I talked to him he was crying. That's kind of depressing. What an awesome game. "

Yeah that's another thing i love about this game -- TOTAL IMMERSION in a bleak world of despair. I love when the Woman in Black tells you to go talk to the Monumental. You think it's just gonna be some dude hanging out. Instead you see a bunch of dead bodies and realize he's the last of his kind. few games are this uncompromising :)
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By trophyhunter
    @aliss said:
    " @xyzygy said:
    " I remember him going slightly crazy, becoming scared and making me go away. When I first met him he seemed very confident... but last time I talked to him he was crying. That's kind of depressing. What an awesome game. "

Yeah that's another thing i love about this game -- TOTAL IMMERSION in a bleak world of despair. I love when the Woman in Black tells you to go talk to the Monumental. You think it's just gonna be some dude hanging out. Instead you see a bunch of dead bodies and realize he's the last of his kind. few games are this uncompromising :) "
    have you beating 5-3? very sad
    Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Turambar
    @trophyhunter: First time I actually felt guilt in a game.
    Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24  Edited By Randolph
    @trophyhunter said:
    " @OmegaPirate said:
    If by last boss you mean the boss of 1-4, he's stupid easy for magic users.  Equip the Thief's Ring, hide off to the side of the stairs.  He will walk forward then turn his back on you, cast poison cloud, rinse and repeat.  It's slow, but you WILL win, and even as a melee competent character, spares you the trouble of him using that cheap ass soul level sucking move.
    jamescheong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jamescheong
    @Turambar: 

Guilty is doing that from a distance with a bow.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By trophyhunter
    @Randolph said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    " @OmegaPirate said:
    If by last boss you mean the boss of 1-4, he's stupid easy for magic users.  Equip the Thief's Ring, hide off to the side of the stairs.  He will walk forward then turn his back on you, cast poison cloud, rinse and repeat.  It's slow, but you WILL win, and even as a melee competent character, spares you the trouble of him using that cheap ass soul level sucking move. "
    I tried that and for some reason it didn't hide me
    Avatar image for everybody_poops
    Everybody_Poops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Everybody_Poops
    @trophyhunter: Melle is funner anyways, it;s more intense and on the edge.
    I feel like Ninja Gaiden when I play, only without any sort of combo system to hold me hand.
    jos1ah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By jos1ah

@xyzygy: I didn't put a single point into luck the whole game and ended up with more healing items than I could store in the Nexus and carry on my character....I had to leave them on the ground.  My opinion is definitely don't waste souls in leveling luck if it's just for healing items.  Any spots in the game where you fight either the blue or red knights will let you farm tons of healing items. 

Anyway, loved that effin game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.