Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Aug 23, 2011

Human Revolution is the third game in the Deus Ex series, a prequel where players take control of augmented security officer Adam Jensen, and investigate attacks against Sarif Industries, a leader in augmentation technology.

Deus Ex 3 (PC) available for $28

Vlaphor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Vlaphor

http://www.greenmangaming.com/games/rpgs/deus-ex-human-revolution/

Green Man gaming is doing a deal where you can pre-order the pc version of Deus Ex 3 for $35.99 through that link above, and there is a code you can can enter when you check out which drops the cost of the game down to $28. It's a Steamworks title, so you'll be able to enter the serial it gives you into Steam and download/play it that way. The code is below.

FACEB-JULY2-20PEC

The code is only good until the 18th of July, so be sure to hurry.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Justin258

It will only work for one game, and this seems like a bit of a scam to me. Actually, it looks a whole lot like a scam. Got any proof that it isn't? 

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SlasherMan

Looks legit to me. I've heard of GMG before, but never used it myself. People have been reporting a successful transaction on the Steam forums, so thanks for the heads up.
    I might actually pre-order this now.

Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Akrid
    @believer258: It's a legit site. I got ArmA II for free from them last week. It's a bit hellish to get their whole process working properly, though that may have just been because their servers were getting hammered.
    Vlaphor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Vlaphor

It's completely legit. I used this same kind deal stacking to pre-order Witcher 2 for $30 awhile back. It does also work on the special edition of Deus Ex 3, but you actually get less stuff on the digital version of that then you do the boxed copy, so the extra $10 seems like kind of a waste

In fact, thanks to the wide variety of digital distribution sites out there competing, I haven't paid full price for a PC game in quite awhile.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By AhmadMetallic

the leaked demo gave me A and X and analog stick prompts. on PC. 

fuck this game. 

Cyanex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Cyanex
    @Ahmad_Metallic: Because leaked demos are always exactly like the final product?
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Cyanex said:
    @Ahmad_Metallic: Because leaked demos are always exactly like the final product?
    Because leaked demos show you the dirty laundry that gets sugarcoated in the final product 
    SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SSully

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

@Cyanex said:
    Because leaked demos show you the dirty laundry that gets sugarcoated in the final product

You mean to tell me this multiplatform game is going to change prompts and other options for the PC version so it doesn't look like a console game? Get.Out.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SlasherMan

Well, just pre-ordered this. Couldn't resist such a great deal (Now let's just hope the game is actually good :P). Also got the $5 store credit by using the OP's referral link. Enjoy your $5, OP.
    BTW, the code is sent out once the game is released. You do not get a code until then.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@SSully said:

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

@Cyanex said:

You mean to tell me this multiplatform game is going to change prompts and other options for the PC version so it doesn't look like a console game? Get.Out.

No, he means this franchise which started on PC in an incredible title which has yet to be bettered has become more and more casualised by its consolisation and less and less interesting. Yes, fuck this game.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SlasherMan
    @SeriouslyNow said:

No, he means this franchise which started on PC in an incredible title which has yet to be bettered has become more and more casualised by its consolisation and less and less interesting. Yes, fuck this game.

Can't possibly be worse than IW. From what I've seen, it should be much much closer to the original, but I don't think anything they'll do will ever hold a candle to that. Deus Ex is placed by many gamers on too high a pedestal that no DX game, no matter how good it ends up being, will ever be considered as good or better. If you set your expectations accordingly, you can't possibly be disappointed.
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@SlasherMan said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

Can't possibly be worse than IW. From what I've seen, it should be much much closer to the original, but I don't think anything they'll do will ever hold a candle to that. Deus Ex is placed by many gamers on too high a pedestal that no DX game, no matter how good it ends up being, will ever be considered as good or better. If you set your expectations accordingly, you can't possibly be disappointed.

Then I expect to purchase it when it drops down to a bargain price some 6 to 12 months after release.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By flaminghobo
    @SeriouslyNow said:

@SSully said:

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

@Cyanex said:

Playing through the leak it's hardly been 'casualised' its been 'streamlined.' It's as close to a great sequel that any Deus Ex fan is going to get to the original. Just because the developer opted to develop the primary build for this game on an Xbox 360 doesn't mean the game will be a piece of shit. Quit being so elitist.
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@FlamingHobo said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@SSully said:

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

@Cyanex said:

Playing through the leak it's hardly been 'casualised' its been 'streamlined.' It's as close to a great sequel that any Deus Ex fan is going to get to the original. Just because the developer opted to develop the primary build for this game on an Xbox 360 doesn't mean the game will be a piece of shit. Quit being so elitist.

Explain to me how this game isn't more casualised than IW. What does elitism have to do with this anyway? We're not talking about graphics being dumbed down for the sake of our console brethren and such, we're talking about key gameplay and story elements which have been removed for the sake of a broader audience. PC gamers seeing their franchises being arse raped so that some douchebag in a suit can go into some fucking meeting and talk up projected sales is what's going on and it's what's been going on since the first XBOX with franchises like Unreal Tournament, Red Faction and Deus Ex. Meanwhile, if you really want to talk about graphics and elitism we can have that discussion too - if you really want. I don't, because it's pointless but just realise that the internet seems pretty interested in yet another result from the PC modding community this week as they have many, many times before - this time it's iCEnhancer (and of course ENBSeries) for GTA IV. Sure for every iCEnhancer there's 5 or 10 more naked texture mods for Oblivion etc but SnR has always been the same.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By Tennmuerti

@SeriouslyNow said:

@FlamingHobo said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@SSully said:

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

@Cyanex said:

Explain to me how this game isn't more casualised than IW. What does elitism have to do with this anyway? We're not talking about graphics being dumbed down for the sake of our console brethren and such, we're talking about key gameplay and story elements which have been removed for the sake of a broader audience. PC gamers seeing their franchises being arse raped so that some douchebag in a suit can go into some fucking meeting and talk up projected sales is what's going on and it's what's been going on since the first XBOX with franchises like Unreal Tournament, Red Faction and Deus Ex. Meanwhile, if you really want to talk about graphics and elitism we can have that discussion too - if you really want. I don't, because it's pointless but just realise that the internet seems pretty interested in yet another result from the PC modding community this week as they have many, many times before - this time it's iCEnhancer (and of course ENBSeries) for GTA IV. Sure for every iCEnhancer there's 5 or 10 more naked texture mods for Oblivion etc but SnR has always been the same.

Which key gameplay elements according to you have been dumbed down and removed?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Tennmuerti

If your only argument that the game will be a piece of shit because the video tutorials have 360 controls on them. Then nothing will convince you that it will be good, considering you are just coming to it with nothing but vitriol.

The tutorials in the leaked build are pretty much completely broken. They do not have voice overs while accessing them from the main menu. And in game their text under the videos is messed up and showing random bits of conversation from the game rather then what the actual tutorial says. In other words the tutorials in the leaked build are unfinished though and though.

Is this really what people latch onto to justify their hate? That's kind of pathetic.

TheBlackPigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By TheBlackPigeon

Come for the bargains, stay for the knee-jerk reactions, I guess. 

Anyway, thanks for the info, Vlaphor. I might check it out.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By flaminghobo
    @SeriouslyNow said:

@FlamingHobo said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@SSully said:

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

@Cyanex said:

• How about you explain how it is?
    • Elitism has come into it because it seems your only point of argument for 'FUCK THIS GAME' is because of controller prompts? I spoke nothing of graphics and neither did you until this post. You're being presumptuous and prejudice with little merit.
    Just because a developer chooses their lead build to be on a console and then port to a PC doesn't mean the game will be shit. If it's a good port, I don't see the problem. Times have changed in the industry you can either move with it or fall behind. 

Edit: Also, sure, it makes sense for a developer to make a game for a target audience but as much as they're building a piece of 'art' they're also selling a product. Playing through the demo gave me the impression that it catered to its target audience quite well, as well as attracting other customers.
    DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20  Edited By DocHaus

Tried to register with the site, it keeps saying my "birth date" is invalid, even after I entered in a few fake ones to test it out. Legit or not, this is probably the first time I can think of where that little piece of information has stopped me from registering.

Avatar image for countinhallways
    countinhallways

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By countinhallways
    @DocHaus: Are you mixing up the month/day positions? Like saying you were born in the 25th month or something? I don't know where GMG are based out of but American sites tend to do it differently to Europeans and so on...
    DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22  Edited By DocHaus

Ahhhhhhh...now I feel stupid.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

@TheBlackPigeon said:

Come for the bargains, stay for the knee-jerk reactions, I guess. Anyway, thanks for the info, Vlaphor. I might check it out.

This. Really, all you people bitching based on a leaked demo are imbeciles. I hate things being dumbed down for consoles as much as the next guy, but you have no fucking idea what you're talking about and it didn't need to be posted in a thread about a good deal.

Go to hell, cynics. You're why PC gaming has the image it does.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @FlamingHobo said:
    @SeriouslyNow

Playing through the demo gave me the impression that it catered to its target audience quite well, as well as attracting other customers.

those Conviction shootouts gave you that impression? kay.
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@Rolyatkcinmai said:

@TheBlackPigeon said:

Come for the bargains, stay for the knee-jerk reactions, I guess. Anyway, thanks for the info, Vlaphor. I might check it out.

This. Really, all you people bitching based on a leaked demo are imbeciles. I hate things being dumbed down for consoles as much as the next guy, but you have no fucking idea what you're talking about and it didn't need to be posted in a thread about a good deal.

It's not a leaked build of a concept product. It's a press build of a game which is almost ready for mass consumption. What you see in that build is what the game will be more or less. Cynic I am not, but I am frustrated at the high failure rate of PC franchises which are being used to bolster the limited ideas of companies which have previously strung their bows with console centric offerings and now find their shots dropping short of audience traction targets. A 'good deal' ism something which is contextually relevant to the value of the offering and Ahmad and myself don't see this as a decent value proposition when it comes attached with the Deus Ex name. IW, at least, was still at its core a Deus Ex experience. This is just an action offering with Cyberpunk trappings. You obviously don't care for the franchise and that's fine but don't go blaming people who do for PC gaming's image problems. Every gaming camp has image problems and those who get disappointed with the mistreatment of franchises they care about aren't the problem, they're the core of those camps because they care enough to talk up the issues which are of importance. You may not agree with that core, but then you're not the core, so of course it matters less to you.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By flaminghobo
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    @FlamingHobo said:
    @SeriouslyNow

Playing through the demo gave me the impression that it catered to its target audience quite well, as well as attracting other customers.

those Conviction shootouts gave you that impression? kay.
    I never had a problem with Conviction's combat mechanics nor do I have problem with Conviction-esque mechanics being implemented into Deus Ex. If they were to release a sequel to Deus Ex introducing, or changing, little to no features it would feel horribly dated.
    Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@Ahmad_Metallic said:
    @Cyanex said:
    What difference would that possibly make if the prompts are corrected by launch? Being a port doesn't make it the worst thing on earth. 

As a PC gamer (primarily), I'm often embarrassed by the nonsense that comes out of the community.
    Avatar image for starfishhunter9
    Starfishhunter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Starfishhunter9

Quick question. Does this work overseas or just USA?

Starfishhunter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Starfishhunter9

Specificly Australia/new zealand

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Tennmuerti

@SeriouslyNow said:

@Rolyatkcinmai said:

@TheBlackPigeon said:

It's not a leaked build of a concept product. It's a press build of a game which is almost ready for mass consumption. What you see in that build is what the game will be more or less. Cynic I am not, but I am frustrated at the high failure rate of PC franchises which are being used to bolster the limited ideas of companies which have previously strung their bows with console centric offerings and now find their shots dropping short of audience traction targets. A 'good deal' ism something which is contextually relevant to the value of the offering and Ahmad and myself don't see this as a decent value proposition when it comes attached with the Deus Ex name. IW, at least, was still at its core a Deus Ex experience. This is just an action offering with Cyberpunk trappings. You obviously don't care for the franchise and that's fine but don't go blaming people who do for PC gaming's image problems. Every gaming camp has image problems and those who get disappointed with the mistreatment of franchises they care about aren't the problem, they're the core of those camps because they care enough to talk up the issues which are of importance. You may not agree with that core, but then you're not the core, so of course it matters less to you.

You did not address any of the actual questions leveled at you and continued to vaguely insult the game without any concrete justification. Why am I not surprised?

@SeriouslyNow said:

This is just an action offering with Cyberpunk trappings.

How nice to see you have not even played the leaked demo.

Vlaphor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Vlaphor

@Starfishhunter9:I wouldn't know. You'll just have to try it and see if you get the discount. If you don't, then don't buy it.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@Tennmuerti: I wouldn't bother, mate. I've had run-ins with SeriouslyNow before, and he seems incapable of seeing any other side to an argument despite his own being ill-informed.
    roughneck117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By roughneck117

Also, for anyone interested, (according to neogaf), the code applies to the augmented edition too. Makes it $40.

Starfishhunter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Starfishhunter9
    @Vlaphor said:

@Starfishhunter9:I wouldn't know. You'll just have to try it and see if you get the discount. If you don't, then don't buy it.

Thanks got the discount. I just hope the game is good now, But considering games cost 90-100 dollars new here it seems like a freaking sweet deal to me.
    Avatar image for blastprocessing
    BlastProcessing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BlastProcessing
    @Vlaphor: So, when you purchase it, they e-mail you the serial, which can be used to pre-load it on steam correct?
    Vlaphor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Vlaphor

@BlastProcessing: Not right now, but when the game comes out you can get the code from the website and put it in Steam. I don't know if you'll get the code early enough to pre-load though. Looks like this might be the first major test of Steam's new content delivery system.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is such a sweet deal! My urge to buy the game now is almost uncontrollable.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.