Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Aug 23, 2011

Human Revolution is the third game in the Deus Ex series, a prequel where players take control of augmented security officer Adam Jensen, and investigate attacks against Sarif Industries, a leader in augmentation technology.

I've never played a Deus Ex game...

TerraDelu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Edited By TerraDelu

I just watched the new trailer on the site and Human Revolution looks bad ass! But I am not even a little bit familiar with the other Deus Ex games. Do any of you who have played previous games know if I should go back and play them, or is this the type of thing I could get out of a wiki? And if I should play them, do they hold up?

TerraDelu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By TerraDelu

I just watched the new trailer on the site and Human Revolution looks bad ass! But I am not even a little bit familiar with the other Deus Ex games. Do any of you who have played previous games know if I should go back and play them, or is this the type of thing I could get out of a wiki? And if I should play them, do they hold up?

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jkz

Play the first game. I still had fun with it when I re-played it a few months ago. Just know that the first couple hours can be a bit of a drag, but the game really opens up after that. 

Forget about Invisible War. It's a fine game, but nothing that stands out as particularly great or exciting.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Spoonman671

I believe Deus Ex: Human Revolution will take place years before the other games, so it probably isn't necessary.

SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By SpiralStairs

The graphics are pretty bad by today's standards, but it's a really good game.

Jerome85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jerome85

If you have the time I would definitely go back and at least check out the first game.  Depending on how you like that invisible war might pique your interests.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

As a person who was in the same exact position as you, and bought Deus Ex during a Steam sale, I had a really, really hard time getting into it.  I only finished like the first 2 levels.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mmmslash
    @InfamousBIG:  I would encourage you to go back and play at least until after you handle Lebedev, and have your conversation with Paul. Play a bit of the section after that, and if you aren't interested, I wouldn't blame you for quitting.

The game is a drag in the beginning, but after the airport section, the game opens up in an astounding fashion.
    SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SpiralStairs
    @InfamousBIG said:
    " As a person who was in the same exact position as you, and bought Deus Ex during a Steam sale, I had a really, really hard time getting into it.  I only finished like the first 2 levels. "
    D:

It's gets sooooooo much better though. I played it about 7 years after its release and I still thought it was amazing.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MrKlorox

If you can get passed the super aged graphics and slightly aged gameplay, YES.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By august
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jimbo

I would never advise somebody not to play Deus Ex (the first one), but Human Revolution is set before it, so don't feel obliged to play it just to understand what is going on in the new one.

I have a hunch Human Revolution's storyline will probably carry more weight for you if you have a connection with JC Denton (your character in Deus Ex), but I don't expect it to be a deal breaker.

Malakhii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Malakhii
    @SpiralStairs said:
    " The graphics are pretty bad by today's standards, but it's a really good game. "
    There are mods that can help with that. 
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By Claude

I love the first one, but if I were you, just wait for Human Revolution. Hell, don't even read shit, they'll fill you in. As others have said, the original holds up when you dive deep into the story and the many ways you can play the game.

SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SpiralStairs
    @Malakhii said:

" @SpiralStairs said:

" The graphics are pretty bad by today's standards, but it's a really good game. "

There are mods that can help with that.  "

True, but I never really bothered with them. 

BTW has anyone here played the Malkavian mod?

It's pretty funny

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.