Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 24, 2011

Disgaea 4 continues the epic saga of the Netherworld. The game boasts major graphical improvements, a slew of new characters, as well as improved gameplay mechanics to provide the ultimate next-gen Disgaea experience.

Will Disgaea 4 not look like crap?

lowercase16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By lowercase16

I don't consider myself much of graphics whore, but I found Disgaea 3 unplayable because of its blurry, low-rez graphics.

I was so excited to play a PS3 NIS game, too. Maybe that's why it seemed like such cheap corner-cutting.

The screenshots for Disgaea 4 look great, but that doesn't necessarily mean it'll look great on a large, high-def TV. Has anyone seen a side-by-side comparison, or played Disgaea 4 already?

Questionable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Questionable

They will be using hi def sprites or so they say....

Im betting it will look comparable if not slightly better than how disgaea 2 looked on a SDtv, they are still using the same engine theyve been using in 2002 afterall

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By FCKSNAP

It'll still look like crap but I'll still buy it because it's always fun. There's literally nothing else like it coming out anywhere, except the PSP remakes.

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By frankxiv

lowercase16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lowercase16

Nice comparison, onimonkii!

So it does look pretty nice. Pre-order'd.

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Luke
    @lowercase16:  I played the English version a couple months ago, on what I believe was a 24" HD monitor.  It was a near finished debug build of the game.  

I honestly remember how utterly disappointed I was when I got Disgaea 3, because I got my first HD TV around the same time.  All my other games looked amazing, but not Disgaea 3 :'(  

Anyway, Disgaea 4 looks great and you shouldn't be disappointed!  When I was playing it, I just enjoyed the game and didn't even think about the graphics at all.  Here's the thread of me playing the game:  http://www.giantbomb.com/disgaea-4-a-promise-unforgotten/61-32698/disgaea-4-english-version-man-i-saw-that/35-495742
    Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By Video_Game_King

You mean it isn't out yet? For some reason, I thought that they've already released it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.