Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dishonored

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Oct 09, 2012

After the Empress is killed, her most loyal bodyguard, Corvo, becomes the prime suspect, and must track down those who murdered his charge and betrayed him in order to enact his bloody revenge.

Dishonored the best video game since BioShock & Half Life 2?

ShinjiEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ShinjiEx

My lists when it comes to video genres are short and for first person games that is BioShock & Half Life 2 the best fps video games ever made during this life cycle of consoles 
    and recently Deus Ex Human Revolution but have not gotten around to a 2nd playthrough so I can't quit put it up there yet

Anyways I've yet to play Dishonored but would you put it up there with the greats of BioShock & Half Life 2?

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Vinny_Says

I haven't taken the plastic wrap off the game yet but I hope your title is true....although I have played better games than Bioshock (it's still a fucking amazing game tho!).

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By musubi

Uh, its a charmer for sure but I wouldn't say that it is that good. Its not even the best game I've played all year and I've played more than my fair share.

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By NoobSauceG7

I haven't play it yet but I don't think it will be the best video game of all time. Bioshock is great, but not the best.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By laserbolts

I would put it over half life 2 because I don't really like half life 2. It is more enjoyable to play than Bioshock but I do like the setting of Rapture more than what I have seen so far in dishonered. Dishonered has been great so far though.

Gantrathor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Gantrathor

It's definitely my favorite game of the year so far, and I think that it's just as enjoyable as any of those games. Dishonored doesn't remind me of those games very much, though. I get a distinct Thief vibe when I play it.

Twitchey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Twitchey

I'd put it over Bioshock and Half Life. Bioshock was too linear, more of a point n' shoot. Half Life is in the same boat in it.

But, to compare Dishonored, a stealth/action game to two FPSs is unfair. Dishonored, if played a certain way, could be a FPS. It wouldn't be a very good one though.

Dr_Acula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dr_Acula

@Demoskinos said:

Uh, its a charmer for sure but I wouldn't say that it is that good. Its not even the best game I've played all year and I've played more than my fair share.

This. I liked it but I have played better games this year.

I think we can give Half Life 2 a pass when comparing it to new stuff, its not really even part of this console cycle, it came out in 2004 a year before Xbox 360 was even released.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By nightriff

I am not very far in the game and it is very good, I have enjoyed my time with it, but to put it up to those games is ridiculous and unfair.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By DeF

If you only like those types of games, sure.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Sin4profit

Bioshock had a deeper story but Dishonored has more interesting gameplay. If you're going for comparatives though, this game, surprisingly, has a Thief vibe to it that i enjoyed a lot.

Did a great job on iterating on the First Person Sneaker genre, but it didn't have the same impact as HL2 and Bioshock did.

DaSmart1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DaSmart1

At first I didn't think so, but the world doesn't really expand and start getting interesting until around half way through

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MideonNViscera

Dishonored should do more advertising or something. Is it even out yet? I wouldn't know it existed if I didn't frequent this site.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Fredchuckdave

I think it's more "only a handful of games were made in this genre type." Anywho I find most, if not all of the FPS/story games overrated, though Halflife itself is fairly important from a storytelling standpoint. Bioshock had one good scene and is a competent enough game, Half Life 2 is fun while you have the powered up grav gun, and generally solid all around. But I don't consider any of these 3 to be the best FPS's, let alone best games out there. Of course there is a lot of potential for the genre and maybe Dishonored delivers, but who knows.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SomeDeliCook

Game of the year for me so far, unless the new Hitman can really surprise me

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By Justin258

I don't really see the Bioshock comparison; this game seems far more about stealth and thinking things through. Bioshock had those things but the gameplay focus was definitely more on the shooting. Or, rather, the shock-wrenching.

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By Genkkaku

@SomeDeliCook said:

Game of the year for me so far, unless the new Hitman can really surprise me

Same.. It's also kind of funny how similar these two games are

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Remember back when all of us played any video game and liked a whole bunch of genres?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@Brodehouse: Hey, I still do that! Granted in some cases I have to justify a weaker purchase to do it, but keep hope alive.

ShinjiEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#20  Edited By ShinjiEx
    @Brodehouse

I'm old so that's me still ^__^
    Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Marcsman

I am really loving Dishonored, but to rank it with Bioshock. I need to play more and see. Bioshock IMO is just so special.

Avatar image for deactivated-59ec818a3faf4
    deactivated-59ec818a3faf4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since when did Bioshock start being so special? I mean it had good moments, characters and pulled the twist off really well but it hardly had an impact like HL2 did.

I'm not saying it was a bad game, it wasn't it was pretty great but not special in the long run of games

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mordukai

@ShinjiEx said:

My lists when it comes to video genres are short and for first person games that is BioShock & Half Life 2 the best fps video games ever made during this life cycle of consoles and recently Deus Ex Human Revolution but have not gotten around to a 2nd playthrough so I can't quit put it up there yet Anyways I've yet to play Dishonored but would you put it up there with the greats of BioShock & Half Life 2?

Cough...System Shock 2...Cough!

Cough...Thief 2...Cough!

EDIT! Didn't see that you were talking this generation. My bad.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.