Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DJ Hero

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

FreeStyleGames' DJ Hero uses a turntable controller to bring Guitar Hero-like gameplay to more genres and styles of music.

DJ Hero Reviews - IGN U.S: 9.0, IGN U.K: 9.3

• 76 results
    DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By DriveupLife

That is all.

ign UK Review: Written by Matt Wales
     http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/103/1038894p1.html

ign US Review: Written by Damon Hatfield
     http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/103/1038927p1.html 

ign US Video Review
     http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14280894/dj-hero/videos/djhero_vdr_102609.html

morphinekiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By morphinekiss

Looking good, can't wait to get my hands on this game tomorrow alongside Forza 3.

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ververdan0226

Daemon Hatfield is my least favorite writer on their staff, and that's saying something...

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By RHCPfan24

Geez, I really can't stand IGN's reviews. I used to think they were fine but each passing day and "exclusive" review is more poorly written than the next. And the video reviews are even worse. Nonetheless, I really don't care much about DJ Hero. I don't have the time, money, space or patience for another music game with a new peripheral. Plus, I don't care much about the music featured in the game anyway.

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Out_On_Bail

I'm really into the idea of DJ Hero, but my wallet can't handle a purchase like that this month. I'll get it before the holidays most likely, but even then I can't be certain. I just know I want it. They're so greedy with this expensive game in the most expensive gaming month.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By Ineedaname

It's in a HMV near me, so tempted to try it, but I'm on a stance against plastic peripherals.

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By nail1080
    @RHCPfan24 said:
    " Geez, I really can't stand IGN's reviews. I used to think they were fine but each passing day and "exclusive" review is more poorly written than the next. And the video reviews are even worse. Nonetheless, I really don't care much about DJ Hero. I don't have the time, money, space or patience for another music game with a new peripheral. Plus, I don't care much about the music featured in the game anyway. "
    Dude if you're just going to be uber negative and not constructive go somewhere else, these forums have too many trolls as it is

Anyway yeah I'm glad DJ Hero isn't just a gimmick and plays well, I want a new addictive rhythm game that's not guitar based... I mean remember Frequency anyone...ah the memories...
    Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RHCPfan24
    @nail1080 said:
    " @RHCPfan24 said:
    " Geez, I really can't stand IGN's reviews. I used to think they were fine but each passing day and "exclusive" review is more poorly written than the next. And the video reviews are even worse. Nonetheless, I really don't care much about DJ Hero. I don't have the time, money, space or patience for another music game with a new peripheral. Plus, I don't care much about the music featured in the game anyway. "
    Dude if you're just going to be uber negative and not constructive go somewhere else, these forums have too many trolls as it is  Anyway yeah I'm glad DJ Hero isn't just a gimmick and plays well, I want a new addictive rhythm game that's not guitar based... I mean remember Frequency anyone...ah the memories... "
    I sense irony in this post....
    nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By nail1080
    @RHCPfan24 said:
    " @nail1080 said:
    " @RHCPfan24 said:
    Dude if you're just going to be uber negative and not constructive go somewhere else, these forums have too many trolls as it is  Anyway yeah I'm glad DJ Hero isn't just a gimmick and plays well, I want a new addictive rhythm game that's not guitar based... I mean remember Frequency anyone...ah the memories... "
    I sense irony in this post.... "
    I'm not sure what you're referring to, but either way don't bother entering a topic if you're going to bash everything that's mentioned in it...
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RHCPfan24
    @nail1080: I just find it funny because nearly every post I have ever seen from you has been negative about any subject at hand. But that is neither here nor there, I just am noticing how IGN's quality has been lowered and I don't get the hype around this game. I am sure I am not alone on this front.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By natetodamax
    @nail1080 said:

" @RHCPfan24 said:

Dude if you're just going to be uber negative and not constructive go somewhere else, these forums have too many trolls as it is
    Irony.

Anyway, why are the US and UK reviews different in score?
    nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By nail1080
    @RHCPfan24 said:
    " @nail1080: I just find it funny because nearly every post I have ever seen from you has been negative about any subject at hand. But that is neither here nor there, I just am noticing how IGN's quality has been lowered and I don't get the hype around this game. I am sure I am not alone on this front. "
    Wait so you're calling me a troll? Yet you come in here saying 'Geez' and how you can't stand IGN reviews or more music games.... umm you should look at yourself there buddy. You're either being a troll or a spammer trying to get their precious post count up. And judging by some of the reviews you copy and past from other sites, I'd say you're a mixture of both. You've already destroyed this topic so just try and stay out of trouble
    VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By VWGTI
    @RHCPfan24 said:
    I feel exactly the same way.  *bro fist*
    nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By nail1080
    @natetodamax said:
    " @nail1080 said:
    " @RHCPfan24 said:
    " @nail1080: I just find it funny because nearly every post I have ever seen from you has been negative about any subject at hand. But that is neither here nor there, I just am noticing how IGN's quality has been lowered and I don't get the hype around this game. I am sure I am not alone on this front. "
    Wait so you're calling me a troll? Yet you come in here saying 'Geez' and how you can't stand IGN reviews or more music games.... umm you should look at yourself there buddy. You're either being a troll or a spammer trying to get their precious post count up. And judging by some of the reviews you copy and past from other sites, I'd say you're a mixture of both. You've already destroyed this topic so just try and stay out of trouble "
    1) How can you assume that I'm simply trying to get my post count up? 2) Are you telling me that all of my reviews are copied and pasted from other sites? Are you that fucking ignorant? "
    ummm lol who are you talking to? Because I'm not talking to you unless you have 2 accounts which by the sound of that post you do and got yourself a little mixed up there...
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RHCPfan24
    @natetodamax: You know, IGN has two (actually three) different review sources: US, UK, and Australia. There is a different group of staff in each and they review the same games but with different reviews, obviously.

@nail1080 said:
    " @RHCPfan24 said:
    Wait so you're calling me a troll? Yet you come in here saying 'Geez' and how you can't stand IGN reviews or more music games.... umm you should look at yourself there buddy. You're either being a troll or a spammer trying to get their precious post count up. And judging by some of the reviews you copy and past from other sites, I'd say you're a mixture of both. You've already destroyed this topic so just try and stay out of trouble "
    Hmm.....hmmmm.....HMMMMM.....interesting theory you got there. If you could prove it, then kudos. But I am guessing that is a no.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By natetodamax
    @RHCPfan24: Shit, I'm sorry. I thought nail was talking to me
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RHCPfan24
    @natetodamax said:
    " @RHCPfan24: Shit, I'm sorry. I thought nail was talking to me "
    Nah, that's cool man lol.

@VWGTI:
    *fist explosion* Nice!
    nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By nail1080
    @natetodamax said:
    yeah right, I guess you should actually read posts before you go on a pointless rant, but hey, I guess when you have nothing to say you have to boost your post count some way. How  very sad, oh and where's my apology?
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By natetodamax
    @nail1080 said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    yeah right, I guess you should actually read posts before you go on a pointless rant, but hey, I guess when you have nothing to say you have to boost your post count some way. How  very sad, oh and where's my apology? "
    You're so cool, I wanna be just like you when I grow up!
    nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By nail1080
    @natetodamax said:
    " @nail1080 said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    yeah right, I guess you should actually read posts before you go on a pointless rant, but hey, I guess when you have nothing to say you have to boost your post count some way. How  very sad, oh and where's my apology? "
    You're so cool, I wanna be just like you when I grow up! "
    Well the ability to read is handy, especially when you visit online forums because it allows you to reply to the right people :P
    DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DriveupLife

Nail, the best way to deal with the haters is simple, take a lesson from 4chan. Reaction Images.

No Caption Provided
    nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By nail1080
    @DriveupLife said:
    " Nail, the best way to deal with the haters is simple, take a lesson from 4chan. Reaction Images.
    No Caption Provided
    "
    yup lol, I just never have enought witty images lined up for moments like this, however this is perfect!
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By natetodamax
    @nail1080 said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    " @nail1080 said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    Well the ability to read is handy, especially when you visit online forums because it allows you to reply to the right people :P "
    It's also good to not troll in every thread you post in.
    nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By nail1080
    @natetodamax said:
    " @nail1080 said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    " @nail1080 said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    Well the ability to read is handy, especially when you visit online forums because it allows you to reply to the right people :P "
    It's also good to not troll in every thread you post in. "
    I know, thanks for backing me up, RHCPfan should say nothing if he's just going to bash everything mentioned by the topic creator, but someone has to clean up the community and speak out right?! :D
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By natetodamax
    @nail1080 said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    " @nail1080 said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    " @nail1080 said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    I know, thanks for backing me up, RHCPfan should say nothing if he's just going to bash everything mentioned by the topic creator, but someone has to clean up the community and speak out right?! :D "
    And you shouldn't say anything if all you're going to do is tell other users what they should and shouldn't do
    dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By dbz1995
    @nail1080 said:
    " @RHCPfan24 said:
    I'm sorry, but here I'm agreeing with RHCPfan24. You do tend to be slightly trollish around these lands. And RHCP does, to some extent, have a point about IGN and DJ Hero overall. Its not gonna stop me lovin' it though.
    nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By nail1080
    @natetodamax said:
    " @nail1080 said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    " @nail1080 said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    " @nail1080 said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    I know, thanks for backing me up, RHCPfan should say nothing if he's just going to bash everything mentioned by the topic creator, but someone has to clean up the community and speak out right?! :D "
    And you shouldn't say anything if all you're going to do is tell other users what they should and shouldn't do "
    Oh right yeah sorry, I should just let the trolling go unnoticed like the mods do. Erm no, if someones trying to ruin a thread I have every right to tell them to stay away next time in order to make the forums a better place...
    teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#29  Edited By teptom

Looking good, but I just don't have 120 bucks to spend on this right now. Too many games...just too many.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By natetodamax
    @nail1080 said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    " @nail1080 said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    " @nail1080 said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    " @nail1080 said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    And you shouldn't say anything if all you're going to do is tell other users what they should and shouldn't do "
    Oh right yeah sorry, I should just let the trolling go unnoticed like the mods do. Erm no, if someones trying to ruin a thread I have every right to tell them to stay away next time in order to make the forums a better place... "
    Yeah, because you run the forums right? I totally forgot.

I might as well end this conversation here. I wouldn't want nail to ban me.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By get2sammyb

Called it, preordered months ago, can't wait.

teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By teptom
    @nail1080: You are ruining the thread right now by letting this stupid argument go on. Drop it or maybe take your problems to the PMs or Mods.
    Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33  Edited By Out_On_Bail

The point of all of this is: If you disagree with the OP you are obviously a troll and shouldn't bother even logging in, ever. Forums are not for discussions, they are for agreeing with topic creators. Disagreeing is for system wars only.  

/sarcasm

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#34  Edited By FrankCanada97

I thought it was common knowledge that the IGN reviews were declining in quality.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#35  Edited By MachoFantastico

The game does interest me, but the price and with other games being released it will have to wait till it comes down in price.  

Maybe in a few months time, but the game looks rather interesting.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#36  Edited By MachoFantastico
    @FrankCanada97 said:
    " I thought it was common knowledge that the IGN reviews were declining in quality. "
    Yes it is, the IGN reviews have sucked for a while now. 
    masternater27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By masternater27
    @natetodamax said:
    " @nail1080 said:

" @RHCPfan24 said:

Irony. Anyway, why are the US and UK reviews different in score? "
    They're from the UK, they're into raves and such.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#38  Edited By oldschool
    @natetodamax said:
    " @nail1080 said:

" @RHCPfan24 said:

Irony. Anyway, why are the US and UK reviews different in score? "
    The irony is priceless.  It made my day. 
    IGN has different sites for different countries and different reviewers as I understand it, explaining different scores. 

@Shini4444 said:
    " Looking good, but I just don't have 120 bucks to spend on this right now. Too many games...just too many. "
    I am looking forward to this simply because it looks fun and as much as I enjoy Guitar Hero/Rockband, I also love dance/dj music.  I loves the beats.  It will have to wait for Christmas I imagine though as it is $190 locally.
    Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Milkman

No Caption Provided
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By RHCPfan24
    @natetodamax: Sorry I wasn't here to back you up for the last hour or so; I just had to go see a friend and we had a nice discussion. Then I came back here and saw this. This is NOT a good talk. But good job telling it how it is. :)
    teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By teptom
    @oldschool: Yeah, it's just something a bit different and It looks they did a good a good job of making it work and be fun. I also have a fondness for the dance/dj music. But $190? The change in prices from place to place still amazes me...
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#42  Edited By oldschool
    @Shini4444 said:
    " @oldschool: Yeah, it's just something a bit different and It looks they did a good a good job of making it work and be fun. I also have a fondness for the dance/dj music. But $190? The change in prices from place to place still amazes me... "
    If it is $110 (?) in the US, then that is only $120 locally, and a regular game here costs $90-120.  Why do I import again?  The cost of shipping precludes any idea of importing this.
    kagekage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By kagekage
    @RHCPfan24 said:
    GASP I love DJ music, especially at parties!
    But yeah, the DJ Hero is interesting, but not interesting enough to get me to buy it the 1 week or even month that it comes out.
    And the only thing I hate more than IGN video reviews are Gamespot video reviews. Prejudice aside, it sounds like the damn people are reading off of a cue card and have a cattle prod up their asses.
    MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MetalGearSunny
    @nail1080 said:
    " @RHCPfan24 said:
    Are you calling Zach a troll? Really? 
    He just thinks DJ Hero is dumb, and I agree with him.
    MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By MetalGearSunny
    @Out_On_Bail said:
    " The point of all of this is: If you disagree with the OP you are obviously a troll and shouldn't bother even logging in, ever. Forums are not for discussions, they are for agreeing with topic creators. Disagreeing is for system wars only.   /sarcasm "
    THIS
    kagekage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By kagekage
    @natetodamax said:
    " @nail1080 said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    " @nail1080 said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    " @nail1080 said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    " @nail1080 said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    Oh right yeah sorry, I should just let the trolling go unnoticed like the mods do. Erm no, if someones trying to ruin a thread I have every right to tell them to stay away next time in order to make the forums a better place... "
    Yeah, because you run the forums right? I totally forgot.  I might as well end this conversation here. I wouldn't want nail to ban me. "
    Yo nail, why don't you shut the fuck up. You have no right to fucking tell my friend to stop bashing shit when all I'VE seen YOU do is go on other videos and say "meh." And you know it's fucking true. And make the forums a better place? WTF are you a moderator? Don't be trying to act all high and mighty here you have no power you fucking ignoramus.
    If you love IGN so godam much then go to their website and don't be trying to start shit in here, hoping for SOMEONE to talk to you and make you feel like you belong in the world.

Zahos I will fucking destory anyone that messes with you! :D
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By RHCPfan24
    @kagekage:@Metal_Gear_Sunny: 

I fucking <3 you guys. :DDDD
    MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By MetalGearSunny
    @RHCPfan24 said:
    " @kagekage:@Metal_Gear_Sunny:   I fucking <3 you guys. :DDDD "
    We <3 you back! 

Also, if you people think disagreeing with some else's opinion is ranting, dude, what.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Linkyshinks

You people really need to stop feeding trolls by engaging in commentary with them. If it's blatantly obvious what's being attempted, leave it the fuck alone!. Your not helping anyone by pointing out what's obvious to everyone, already.  You have allowed him to ruin this thread through your own stupidity. 

ON TOPIC 

The games looking great, I may pick it up for Christmas. It seems pricey though, and I did get the full Beatles RB set recently...

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#50  Edited By damswedon
    @RHCPfan24: i agree with you there it is a dumb idea for a game, but you know that doesn't mean it can't be awesome.
    I'm most likely to own it at some point mostly because of my need to own almost everything Daft Punk related.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.