Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DmC Devil May Cry

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Jan 15, 2013

DmC Devil May Cry is a reboot of the series from developer Ninja Theory, featuring a redesigned Dante and a new take on the franchise's fiction.

Ninja Theory Is Definitely Developing A New Devil May Cry

• 181 results
    lavaman77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#151  Edited By lavaman77

What the fuck is that? WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT? 

pslayer666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#152  Edited By pslayer666

This new Dante looks like poop....  

actually, poop looks better than this emo-douche

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#153  Edited By TwoOneFive

yeah he just looks like a total wuss

like a whiney brat who is only tough and cool because they made him that way because its not real lol, just like the wimps in twilight. 

audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By audiosnag
    @Trejo: 
    Yeah that's entirely possible that they'll bone it up it's true. But its just as likely they wont. Enslaved is looking pretty bad ass and i me Rocksteady made a pretty mediocre game before BatmanBatmanBatman.
    Nightfang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Nightfang

I like Dante's new look and the game looks pretty cool. 

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#156  Edited By Tennmuerti

Oh wow, I feel kinda bad about laughing so hard when I first saw this new Dante.
    He looks like some one upset him and now the poor boy is sulking, aaaaaw.
    Well at least he will make a cute little prison bitch for someone.

Carac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Carac

Is this the inspiration for the new Dante? 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    zerok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#158  Edited By zerok

I'm just glad I'm not the only one really hating the new character look. Perhaps they will add a plot twist that transforms kiddy Dante into bad-ass Dante within the first 5 minutes :-P

Avatar image for deactivated-63a77fdfcbee7
    deactivated-63a77fdfcbee7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm convinced this is gonna end horribly...

Faint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#160  Edited By Faint

what the hell is this crap. as i opened this topic i was thinking "i hope the main character is dante this time", not unlike the complaints when you played raiden instead of snake in mgs2. but. this. is. NOT. what i had in mind. way to kill a good franchise. the character looks like he belongs in my chemical romance. why would they agree to this? the series was good and had an interesting story between the two brothers. reinventing a series like this is usually for when the series has gone down the toilet and i certainly beg to differ in dmc's case. if this is happening in another universe (which it looks pretty clear cut it is) im really not interested.

edit: furthermore the recent soundtracks by tetsuya shibata are among my favorites for a video game. i presume he wont be working on the series anymore either. everything i was interested in with the series has been stripped apparently. they are apparently doing this to increase sales in western regions. well, as a western fan, they have reduced my interest in this title. how do they expect to get more people to buy it if people who were already interested in the series now aren't (speaking for myself of course).

durden77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#161  Edited By durden77

What is this I don't even

Piranesi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#162  Edited By Piranesi

Didn't Bayonetta put an end to this? It's a bit like being excited for a Castlevania game these days.
    Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Oldirtybearon

Holy Crap. I'm digging the hell out of this new Dante. You all call it Twilight, I'm calling it Sid Vicious.  

Also, really liking the whole heroin-addict thing he's got going on. Dante's always been a prick, only now he actually looks like one, and not weeaboo fap material.

Avatar image for stealthmaster86
    Stealthmaster86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#164  Edited By Stealthmaster86

I can see why people can be up set, but this is a reboot. If this was the original Dante it would not be much of a Reboot at all. 

Curufinwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Curufinwe
    @KingWilly said:
    " Holy Crap. I'm digging the hell out of this new Dante. You all call it Twilight, I'm calling it Sid Vicious.   Also, really liking the whole heroin-addict thing he's got going on. Dante's always been a prick, only now he actually looks like one, and not weeaboo fap material. "
    LIke emo meth-head hipster fap material is any better.
    SilvarusLupus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By SilvarusLupus

Do not know if want.

Will pass judgment later.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Oldirtybearon
    @Curufinwe: First of all, get cultured, son. 

This new Dante looks like he stepped out of the 70's London Punk scene. He does not look emo, or like a hipster. The fact that you would even use those labels shows how fucking ignorant you really are. The meth-head thing I will give you, but how is that a slight considering the attitude of this character and the context we see him in? Everything I've heard about this game so far has been interesting, and this is the first time I've been interested in a DMC title since DMC 3.
    TheDaveMagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By TheDaveMagic

I'm not that much of a DMC fan but, even I have to raise a red flag when it comes to Dante's new look.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#169  Edited By geirr

I'm liking the new look and sound; but I haven't had a hint of interest
    in this series since the first DMC on the ps2 - which is pretty much all I ever needed to play of it.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#170  Edited By Catolf
    @KingWilly said:
    " @Curufinwe: First of all, get cultured, son.  This new Dante looks like he stepped out of the 70's London Punk scene. He does not look emo, or like a hipster. The fact that you would even use those labels shows how fucking ignorant you really are. The meth-head thing I will give you, but how is that a slight considering the attitude of this character and the context we see him in? Everything I've heard about this game so far has been interesting, and this is the first time I've been interested in a DMC title since DMC 3. "
    This.

First time in a long time I've had any interest in DMC.
    Alexisfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Alexisfire

Terrible...why they want kill one of the most carismatic character of the videogames industry? -.-    

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Catolf
    @Alexisfire said:

" Terrible...why they want kill one of the most carismatic character of the videogames industry? -.-     "

How is that terrible? Because they changed his looks? He suddenly dosen't have white hair (which looks to be growing in btw) and now everyone is bawwing? Give the game a chance, you've seen ONE trailer, he spoke 4 words, only 4... you can't say his charisma is gone because you haven't gotten a feel for him as a character! Just because the looks have changed does not mean they have changed his personality.

Also, hello new poster.
    Alexisfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Alexisfire
    @Catolf said:

" @Alexisfire said:

" Terrible...why they want kill one of the most carismatic character of the videogames industry? -.-     "

How is that terrible? Because they changed his looks? He suddenly dosen't have white hair (which looks to be growing in btw) and now everyone is bawwing? Give the game a chance, you've seen ONE trailer, he spoke 4 words, only 4... you can't say his charisma is gone because you haven't gotten a feel for him as a character! Just because the looks have changed does not mean they have changed his personality.  Also, hello new poster. "
     Thanks for the welcome^^, i'm italian so sorry if i mispell some words or phrase >_<  
    I really don't like this "new" Dante because is younger, and because the whole game is a reboot, the character can't have the same  personality because it wouldn't fit in someone with less experience.      
    Probably it will be a good game, but they shouldn't call it Devil May Cry, call it "NewNameHere" and it's ok....but this isn't Dante, this is someone else.    
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Catolf
    @Alexisfire said:
    " @Catolf said:

" @Alexisfire said:

How is that terrible? Because they changed his looks? He suddenly dosen't have white hair (which looks to be growing in btw) and now everyone is bawwing? Give the game a chance, you've seen ONE trailer, he spoke 4 words, only 4... you can't say his charisma is gone because you haven't gotten a feel for him as a character! Just because the looks have changed does not mean they have changed his personality.  Also, hello new poster. "
     Thanks for the welcome^^, i'm italian so sorry if i mispell some words or phrase >_<  I really don't like this "new" Dante because is younger, and because the whole game is a reboot, the character can't have the same  personality because it wouldn't fit in someone with less experience.      Probably it will be a good game, but they shouldn't call it Devil May Cry, call it "NewNameHere" and it's ok....but this isn't Dante, this is someone else.     "
    That's fine, not going to get on you for spelling and phrases.

I do see what your saying, had they went and did this as a game as a new character, heck even Dante's son (which i would only fully support with Bayonetta XD) i think people would be more accepting. Right now everyone feels that their character is gone that they grew up with, (which he's not, tis a reboot, and reboots can capture the same cocky attitude Dante had of previous, it wouldn't change things.) in the end this game is a shot in the dark and nothing to do with the former history.

We could even see a new version of Virgil and Trish or Lady even, I'd like to see this to the end, and if it's a good game, awesome, they can do this type while the regualr team does something with the DMC that has nothing changed.

We have zombie spiderman, we have alternate histories for the ninja turtles, iron man, with characters nothing is set in stone, all it takes is some money and an idea and it's off the the races.
    Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Bionicicide

Will Andy Serkis mo-cap the sword?

Curufinwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Curufinwe
    @KingWilly said:

" @Curufinwe: First of all, get cultured, son.  This new Dante looks like he stepped out of the 70's London Punk scene. He does not look emo, or like a hipster. The fact that you would even use those labels shows how fucking ignorant you really are. The meth-head thing I will give you, but how is that a slight considering the attitude of this character and the context we see him in? Everything I've heard about this game so far has been interesting, and this is the first time I've been interested in a DMC title since DMC 3. "

Any actual fan of punk from that era would gag at this monstrosity being given that label.

http://www.gamezone.com/editorials/item/dmc_dante_doesnt_look_like_dante_anymore/
    Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Branthog

I've never played a Devil May Cry game, but this character just looks like he was designed for fat goth chicks to get moist over, when they don't have a copy of The Crow on hand. Also, why was Batman narrating the trailer?

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Catolf
    @Branthog said:
    " I've never played a Devil May Cry game, but this character just looks like he was designed for fat goth chicks to get moist over, when they don't have a copy of The Crow on hand. Also, why was Batman narrating the trailer? "
    And so the Origional Dante wasn't designed for Otaku to get moist over? He was a BISHI a Bishonen character, a pretty anime boy and all of giantbomb whom loves to the the :

"Anime is for Jerks"  Line are getting their panties in a twist of the change?

If anything Giantbomb, please be consistent on your 'hate' for anime. Because that was all Dante was, an anime character, flawless, and undamaged.
    Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Branthog
    @Catolf said:
    " @Branthog said:
    " I've never played a Devil May Cry game, but this character just looks like he was designed for fat goth chicks to get moist over, when they don't have a copy of The Crow on hand. Also, why was Batman narrating the trailer? "
    And so the Origional Dante wasn't designed for Otaku to get moist over? He was a BISHI a Bishonen character, a pretty anime boy and all of giantbomb whom loves to the the :

"Anime is for Jerks"  Line are getting their panties in a twist of the change?  If anything Giantbomb, please be consistent on your 'hate' for anime. Because that was all Dante was, an anime character, flawless, and undamaged. "
    Yes, the old Dante was clearly an anime character, but the new one is about as far from anime as I can imagine. Like I said, it looks like a design intended to appeal solely to girls who lust after a mix of The Crow mixed with a whole lot of Twilight characters mixed with a bit of Burnside bridge Portland meth addict street kid. (I've seen others compare him to the style of the original punk movement and I just don't see it -- anymore than any other modern alternative culture is inspired by the punk/goth scene of the 70s).

I didn't really care for the original one, either, which is perhaps part of why I never played it. But why go from bad, to worse?
    Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Branthog
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Catolf
    @Branthog:  Are you disliking this because it's far from anime now? I thought the giant bomb thing to do was reject anime and now everyone is trying to embrace old Bishi dante like they had all alone. No one liked his old design, it was just something they had to deal with to play a game with a hit and miss story.

I don't see how this is worse, if anything this is a step up.

@Branthog said:
    " @Curufinwe said:
    " @killer_meatballs said:

" I can't get over how terrible he looks.  What were they thinking? "

The main developer wanted to recreate himself.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=23352479&postcount=2084 "
    WHOA. "

So... them having the same hair means he wanted to re-create himself huh? White skinny guy with the same hair and suddenly "OMG TWINZ?!!!" come on..
    Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Branthog
    @Catolf said:
    " @Branthog:  Are you disliking this because it's far from anime now? I thought the giant bomb thing to do was reject anime and now everyone is trying to embrace old Bishi dante like they had all alone. No one liked his old design, it was just something they had to deal with to play a game with a hit and miss story.

I don't see how this is worse, if anything this is a step up.

@Branthog said:
    " @Curufinwe said:
    " @killer_meatballs said:

" I can't get over how terrible he looks.  What were they thinking? "

The main developer wanted to recreate himself.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=23352479&postcount=2084 "
    WHOA. "
    So... them having the same hair means he wanted to re-create himself huh? White skinny guy with the same hair and suddenly "OMG TWINZ?!!!" come on.. "
    No, I don't care if it is or isn't anime styled. I just have a strong distaste for things that seem extremely pandering -- to the wrong audience. It's like finding out that the next James Bond is going to be played by one of the guys from that Twilight shit.

Also, look closer. The images of the two are far more similar than just their hair. Smack the other guy around a bit until he's bruised up and he'd look identical. They have the same gaunt emaciated look and that whole "I'm a boy, but I throw up my cupcakes in the men's room after dinner, so I can still fit into my tiny leather pants" thing going on. They even have similar facial features.

But again, it's mostly just the gross sense I get of extreme pandering here.
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Catolf
    @Branthog:  No, you do care or this wouldn't be an issue.

You another person that brings up Twilight when Twilight didn't suddenly invent this style, coming from a person who has watched the movies and read the books this is NOTHING LIKE TWILIGHT. They aren't going fro the wrong audience, you just like the old design and the old cruddy story that was hit and miss at most.

I get that everyone is upset. I get that, I'm not going to sit here and pretend that I don't but this has NOTHING to do with the other DMC's, this is a reinvention, a start over on what NT thinks Dante would look like and how the story should have gone. And good god I hope they improve the story because it's.. it's not good.

As far as compairing people, you doing that because your upset. Everyone is looking for a reason to hate this game (before playing it and before it comes OUT mind you) and this is what they are grabbing at. And the Twilight shit. 

70's punk, when i look at this Dante I see Billy Idol, if he gave a damn sneer like he did I'd squeal cause Billy Idol is the shit. Especially if that white hair is growing in like I think it is. <3
    KingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By KingGamer

I hope this game fails in the western market as well as the Japanese market, so that Capcom will realize what a huge mistake they are making and go back to the original Dante and story and characters etc.

If Capcom really needed games that can reach out to the western market so much, there's no need to reboot this existing franchise. Why not just make a completely new game? You'll have more franchises, more games to sell to East and Western markets, and therefore more money.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.