Why Capcom? Why?

• 172 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Enigma777 (6078 posts) -

New Captivate '12 trailer...

I don't even...

#2 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1915 posts) -

I like it. <_<

#3 Edited by zombie2011 (4983 posts) -

Whats wrong with this?

Besides the music of course.

#4 Posted by Packie (255 posts) -

@DolphinButter said:

I like it. <_<

This. >_>

Still not hopeful about the combat though.

#5 Posted by ApertureSilence (1156 posts) -

Looks awesome. What's the problem?

#6 Posted by StarvingGamer (8380 posts) -

I can't wait. Does that come out this year?

I found the trailer to have exactly the right amount of irreverence.

#7 Posted by Enigma777 (6078 posts) -

Man, you guys are a bunch of trolls...

#8 Posted by SMTDante89 (2600 posts) -

I've been coming around to the new DMC and was on the edge of finally taking the plunge. This trailer was just what I needed to see to make me really want to play it.

#9 Posted by JustKamToo (701 posts) -

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

#10 Posted by CptBedlam (4453 posts) -

I really like the carnival scenario and I'm okay with Dante's looks at this point. He looks a bit less "emo" that he did when the game was revealed.

My main concern is the gameplay. Hopefully, the controls don't feel as sluggish as in previous Ninja Theory games.

#11 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

@Enigma777: I am with you! Fuck new Dante!

#12 Posted by Pink_o_mat (204 posts) -

Can I have a no voice / no story / no cutscenes mode, please?

#13 Posted by countinhallways (632 posts) -

I like it. I am looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

The music was terrible though.

#14 Edited by SkyTown_Drifts (47 posts) -

First time I've shown interest to a DMC game. Sounds like this will be similar to what happened with RE 4.

#15 Posted by 71Ranchero (2782 posts) -

Looks the same as the old games but he has a new haircut.

#16 Posted by AlisterCat (5635 posts) -

Thank fuck it isn't the same cliche crap. I'll take another kind of cliche over the old one.

Also, Bill O'Reily in a game. Can't wait to see what he has to say about it.

#17 Posted by Soap (3613 posts) -

That looks pretty decent, it's nice to see a change in Dante, even if I am the only man alive who seems to think so.

#18 Posted by StarvingGamer (8380 posts) -

@Enigma777 said:

Cautiously optimistic enthusiasm: the new trolling.

#19 Posted by Hector (3365 posts) -

Looks good to me!

#20 Posted by Bell_End (1208 posts) -

looks great. you missing the white hair or something

#21 Posted by DragoonKain1687 (702 posts) -

I know what you mean. To make things even more disgusting, seing the gameplay, after playing the DMC HD Collection, I feel like this goes in slo-mo. I mean, it looks even slower than DMC 2, and that thing was slow.

#22 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -

Looks actually good.

#23 Posted by bartok (2544 posts) -

So what is the problem?  Dante has always been over the top and super flamboyant.  This Dante acts just like the bad ass cocky Dante from Devil May Cry 1 and 3 sans the white hair.    I hate to break it to you but Devil May Cry 4 wasn't that good and frankly the series was getting stale.   My only concern is that Capcom has stopped making good non fighting games for quite some time.

#24 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

It dosn't look bad nor good either but I'll wait until I can either play the game or try the demo before going like a 12 year old with " OH GOD! the changed Dante now it sucks" , the gameplay isn't as fast paced as DMC4 but whatever let's try new stuff.

#25 Posted by TooWalrus (13237 posts) -

I don't see the problem here.

#26 Posted by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

Looks awesome.

#27 Edited by Dogma (975 posts) -

Seems like the thread backfired on the author.

I also have no problem with this but I have to ad that I never had a problem with this. I welcome change.

#28 Posted by mracoon (4972 posts) -

That was actually pretty good. I like Dante's new look, too.

#29 Posted by TobbRobb (4752 posts) -

This is about as dumb and cheesy as the other games... I can get behind this.

And the character design and personality doesn't really bother me, it fits the style. Though I still have issues accepting him as Dante. Really, couldn't they just call him something else, it's not the same guy.

Call him like "what we actually wanted Nero to be, but out bitchass fans wanted more dante so we gave him white hair"

#30 Posted by Brendan (7845 posts) -

It was an exciting trailer. Hopefully the game play measures up.

#31 Posted by august (3854 posts) -
@Enigma777 said:

Says the guy with the totally hilarious Pikachu-dressed-as-hitler avatar.
#32 Posted by fox01313 (5083 posts) -

Most of the recent Capcom choices to me seem a bit strange at times (like redoing Dead Rising 2 with another character) so I tend to not be too attached to anything they are putting out until it's out.

#33 Posted by Enigma777 (6078 posts) -

@august said:

@Enigma777 said:

Actually it's Hitler-dressed-as-Pikachu. Get it right.

#34 Edited by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

someone PLEASE do a quick Haters Gonna Hate job on Dante giving the finger from the trailer :p

Sorry actual Devil May Cry fans :(

#35 Edited by bighat_logan (182 posts) -

Looks good to me. Dante giving the finger to someone is actually way edgier than dante has ever been.

#36 Posted by august (3854 posts) -
@Enigma777 said:

@august said:

@Enigma777 said:

Actually it's Hitler-dressed-as-Pikachu. Get it right.

I'd rather not.
#37 Posted by Dawglet (312 posts) -

Looks like Devil May Cry.

#38 Posted by DeeGee (2141 posts) -

This looks pretty great.

#39 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

Reminds me a bit of DMC3. Doesn't look like Dante is overly somber or emo, quite the contrary. That bit where he's getting dressed through a mobile home flying through the air? That's Devil May Cry, and I'm in.

#40 Posted by gelatinabomination (184 posts) -

I'm pretty much okay with this game. I mean, everybody complains when game devs don't change anything, yet when they try something stylistically different, people get up in arms about it. This Dante looks just as stupid/ridiculous as previous Dante, just in a different way. I'm fine with that.

#41 Posted by Wampa1 (712 posts) -

After 4 I think this could be a nice changed for the series, it had gotten too stale. For me the real test of a game like this is the combat system though, need to wait for a demo.

#42 Edited by Vorbis (2750 posts) -

I can't be angry, the DMC HD collection is out this week.

#43 Posted by nohthink (1223 posts) -

Puahahahaha That looks awesome! Cannot wait!

#44 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

@Rhaknar: Dude, some DMC fans are still fans. Been a fan since DMC1. Unless they completely fuck up the combat, this is gonna be a fun game. DMC4 was worth my money, this one probably will be too. Hell, DMC2 was worth my money even though it was really bland.

#45 Edited by Yummylee (22067 posts) -

@bartok said:

So what is the problem? Dante has always been over the top and super flamboyant. This Dante acts just like the bad ass cocky Dante from Devil May Cry 1 and 3 sans the white hair. I hate to break it to you but Devil May Cry 4 wasn't that good and frankly the series was getting stale. My only concern is that Capcom has stopped making good non fighting games for quite some time.

DMC4 was great. I still don't understand why so many people have disdain for it. And on-topic, the more I see of this new DMC, I more I warm up to it. I even think this new style of Dante beats the old one.

#46 Posted by MikkaQ (10318 posts) -

After Enslaved came out, I stopped worrying about this game. It's not like Capcom themselves could do any better, man DMC4 was a total shit show. It was mechanically sound, but my god it was one of the dullest games I've played in a while.

#47 Posted by Beforet (2929 posts) -

Bill O'Reilly parody. Cute stuff.

This trailer actually looks a lot better than the previous. It's got some of the cheesy bullshit from before, and Dante's still cracking wise. I'm keeping an open mind.

#48 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

That was pretty awesome.

#49 Edited by CptBedlam (4453 posts) -

@Abyssfull said:

@bartok said:

So what is the problem? Dante has always been over the top and super flamboyant. This Dante acts just like the bad ass cocky Dante from Devil May Cry 1 and 3 sans the white hair. I hate to break it to you but Devil May Cry 4 wasn't that good and frankly the series was getting stale. My only concern is that Capcom has stopped making good non fighting games for quite some time.

DMC4 was great. I still don't understand why so many people have disdain for it. And on-topic, the more I see of this new DMC, I more I warm up to it. I even think this new style of Dante beats the old one.

I didn't like it at all. The boss and level recycling was ridiculous and by far the worst I have ever seen in any game - after I went through the whole game twice, fighting most of the bosses again, I had to fight them yet AGAIN right before the end in an incredibly shallow attempt to stretch the game even further. Also, most of the weapons were lame. There was in general too much unnessecary sh*t clogging up the combat system. DMC1 was perfect in this regard.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.