Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

Dragon Age: Origins Diary Part 5: Werewolves and Dalish Bastards

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

Edited By natetodamax

I've had Dragon Age (for the 360) since..... Wednesday or Thursday, and I've already put 10 hours and 58 minutes into it. Jeez.  

Today, I spent all of my time with the game trying to get the support of the Dalish Elves for the fight against the darkspawn. One thing that I kept thinking about when talking to the village folk was how different it would be if I was a human, since the elves and humans aren't too fond of each other. I liked Zathrain's disposition and calm nature, and I was happy to be helping them. Also, his First is adorable. 

Ogres are intense
    Ogres are intense
    Most of my time was spent fighting in the woods where I encountered a wide variety of enemies including werewolves (basically the antagonist of this quest), giant trees, darkspawn, ogres (I even had to fight two of them at once), and other demon creatures. (Quick tip: Don't fall asleep in the camp site found in the woods). Problems arose when I had to get the acorn from a crazy man because a rather large tree wanted it back. First, I tried fighting him. I got absolutely destroyed. I reloaded, and decided to fight the tree instead. I got absolutely destroyed. It was then that I decided to take a break, and when I returned to the game I traded the red scarf given to me from a dying werefolf for the acorn, and all was well. 

Eventually, I found the werewolf hideout and fought through it. It was here that I shamefully turned the difficulty down to Casual (I was playing on Normal) because I reached a part where a ghost child runs away and a dozen or so Skeletons appear. There wasn't any hope for my team on Normal, so I calmed things down a bit on Casual. (For those curious, I'm rolling with Alistair, Morrigan, and Sten). I was relieved when I found Witherfang because it meant that this long quest was reaching its end, but in order to finish it, I had to make a difficult choice. Whitefang (in the form of a 99% naked chick) told me about Zathrain and how he placed a curse upon them. I was told to bring the leader down for a discussion. He intended to kill them, as was originally planned. The time came for me to make a decision: was I going to kill the Elf leader or stick with the mission and kill the innocent werefolves? I didn't really understand what Zathrain had done wrong, so I quickly searched the internet and read about his actions. I decided that there was no way I was going to kill the werewolves (I'm trying to play as a good little Dwarf) and chose to fight Zathrain. He went down pretty easy (again, playing on Casual >_>) and the werewolves were turned back into humans after he sacrificed himself to remove the curse. I didn't expect the Elves to be as nice as they were back on camp, since I had basically forced their leader to kill himself. 

Seriously, you bore me 
    Seriously, you bore me 
    Back at my Party's camp, I chatted with Leliana (I'm trying to make it wit her, if you know what I mean) and decided that so far she is the most boring character in the game. The only thing she ever talks about is the Maker and this random tales from other lands. How exciting! Tomorrow when I play (if I'm not doing homework) my next stop will most likely be the Mages Tower, and because I already know what goes down here I probably won't do an entry on it. Until next time.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By natetodamax

I've had Dragon Age (for the 360) since..... Wednesday or Thursday, and I've already put 10 hours and 58 minutes into it. Jeez.  

Today, I spent all of my time with the game trying to get the support of the Dalish Elves for the fight against the darkspawn. One thing that I kept thinking about when talking to the village folk was how different it would be if I was a human, since the elves and humans aren't too fond of each other. I liked Zathrain's disposition and calm nature, and I was happy to be helping them. Also, his First is adorable. 

Ogres are intense
    Ogres are intense
    Most of my time was spent fighting in the woods where I encountered a wide variety of enemies including werewolves (basically the antagonist of this quest), giant trees, darkspawn, ogres (I even had to fight two of them at once), and other demon creatures. (Quick tip: Don't fall asleep in the camp site found in the woods). Problems arose when I had to get the acorn from a crazy man because a rather large tree wanted it back. First, I tried fighting him. I got absolutely destroyed. I reloaded, and decided to fight the tree instead. I got absolutely destroyed. It was then that I decided to take a break, and when I returned to the game I traded the red scarf given to me from a dying werefolf for the acorn, and all was well. 

Eventually, I found the werewolf hideout and fought through it. It was here that I shamefully turned the difficulty down to Casual (I was playing on Normal) because I reached a part where a ghost child runs away and a dozen or so Skeletons appear. There wasn't any hope for my team on Normal, so I calmed things down a bit on Casual. (For those curious, I'm rolling with Alistair, Morrigan, and Sten). I was relieved when I found Witherfang because it meant that this long quest was reaching its end, but in order to finish it, I had to make a difficult choice. Whitefang (in the form of a 99% naked chick) told me about Zathrain and how he placed a curse upon them. I was told to bring the leader down for a discussion. He intended to kill them, as was originally planned. The time came for me to make a decision: was I going to kill the Elf leader or stick with the mission and kill the innocent werefolves? I didn't really understand what Zathrain had done wrong, so I quickly searched the internet and read about his actions. I decided that there was no way I was going to kill the werewolves (I'm trying to play as a good little Dwarf) and chose to fight Zathrain. He went down pretty easy (again, playing on Casual >_>) and the werewolves were turned back into humans after he sacrificed himself to remove the curse. I didn't expect the Elves to be as nice as they were back on camp, since I had basically forced their leader to kill himself. 

Seriously, you bore me 
    Seriously, you bore me 
    Back at my Party's camp, I chatted with Leliana (I'm trying to make it wit her, if you know what I mean) and decided that so far she is the most boring character in the game. The only thing she ever talks about is the Maker and this random tales from other lands. How exciting! Tomorrow when I play (if I'm not doing homework) my next stop will most likely be the Mages Tower, and because I already know what goes down here I probably won't do an entry on it. Until next time.
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By eroticfishcake

You didn't find the crazy mage in the forest?

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By natetodamax
    @eroticfishcake said:
    " You didn't find the crazy mage in the forest? "
    You must have missed the part where I said I got killed by the Hermit
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @natetodamax: Yup. I got it mixed up with the tree bit. O_o Anyway, yeah don't bother with Leliana. She's a complete bore throughout the entire game. Not a bad Rogue character but you've always got Zethran for that.
    AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By AndrewB

There's a better ending to the werewolf quest where...

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By JJWeatherman

I played about 5 hours of this game for the first time ever at my friends house yesterday. I made a fire mage lady that had a name I probably shouldn't repeat. I had just got to the first major town after the big battle where the thieves try to rob you at the bridge entrance, when I finally stopped playing. Now I kinda wish I owned the game. I was hooked.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By Claude

Your blog sounds like a zombie talking. I see some piss and moan moments in Dragon Age, but I'm always dragged back in. I like pissing and moaning.
    Leliana is pretty boring. I think she also has a lisp.

Jugganut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Jugganut

It's not so much a lisp.  I think it's suppose to be like a french accent or something close to it.  As for boredom, get use to it if you want the digi booty.  She has to be fully in love to drop panties, I believe.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9  Edited By endaround

It is French since the VA is you know French and all.  Leliana is not boring one you open up her personal quest but fair warning the first battle of that quest is a doozy due to positioning.  And after all the only way to get a 4-some in the game is with Leliana.

RiddleBrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By RiddleBrother

Old Dalish Bastard was a my favourite member of the Wu-Tang Clan.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.