Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

Who amongst you wishes that they were playing Dragon Age, right now?

• 66 results
    Lowbrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Lowbrow
    Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Hitchenson

I'll pick it up at Christmas perhaps, so no.

Lowbrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Lowbrow

So I'm losing my marbles over here, trying to contain my anticipation for Dragon age: Origins.... At work, have called EB, they have my copy, but wont sell it to me tomorrow. My stress levels are at all time highs, is anyone else feelin the pain?

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Pie

I dont want it but id love to be playing it right now I guess

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Bane

My copy has shipped and will be delivered in the morning.  I'll play some Borderlands tonight, but I think DA is going to take over my gaming time starting tomorrow.

isaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By isaiah

the Nov 3rd realease date is kinda inconvenient for me.  Mainly because I have the day off from work today, and when I do go back to work tommorow it's my week to be on call.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Nekroskop

I'm not getting it before the 5th...AND I CAN'T PLAY IT BEFORE FRIDAY, BECAUSE OF WORK! I'm going nuts!

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By VWGTI

I can't wait for my Steam version to unlock, but I'm not too sure when that will be.

Rio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Rio

I'll be picking it up as soon as I can tomorrow moring, and I really really want to play it.  Although, I'm not quite sure how to balance Borderlands, Forza 3, and now this.  This is a rough season.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By flaminghobo

Yes. Oh god, yes!

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CL60

I'm going to have it today.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#12  Edited By galiant

I still haven't decided whether I am interested in this game or not. I like RPG's, I played the hell out of Fallout 3 and the two KotOR games were entertaining. I've never played Baldur's Gate or Mass Effect though. I kinda get the impression that you'll enjoy this a lot more if you've played Baldur's Gate in the past (maybe a nostalgia thing?). 

I read an australian review on IGN stating numerous issues with the game (like graphics, bad voice acting, and that the combat system is complex and difficult to get into for new players) but that the game makes up for it because it "plays like it used to, but better"?

Since I have no past experience with Baldur's Gate, d'ya think I'll enjoy this game? Why are people so excited about it?

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By Driadon

I have it all preloaded for tomorrow...though I doubt I'll play it until I finish off Borderlands... 
    But you never know. Either way: EFF YES!

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By endaround
    @Galiant said:
    " I still haven't decided whether I am interested in this game or not. I like RPG's, I played the hell out of Fallout 3 and the two KotOR games were entertaining. I've never played Baldur's Gate or Mass Effect though. I kinda get the impression that you'll enjoy this a lot more if you've played Baldur's Gate in the past (maybe a nostalgia thing?).   I read an australian review on IGN stating numerous issues with the game (like graphics, bad voice acting, and that the combat system is complex and difficult to get into for new players) but that the game makes up for it because it "plays like it used to, but better"? Since I have no past experience with Baldur's Gate, d'ya think I'll enjoy this game? Why are people so excited about it? "
    That IGN.au review was just crap.  There were so many factual mistakes (Bioware made Baldur's Gate not Black Isle, Bioware wasn't part of EA in 2004, etc) that its hard to take it seriously.
    Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By Metroid545

i wish but i still got to get borderlands D:

sixpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By sixpin

I'm at work atm, so yeah... I'd rather be playing DAO right now.

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Driadon
    @sixpin: Hyabusa in Dragon Age confirmed? :P
    Aeterna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Aeterna

I do wish, however I'm cursing ATI with all my might for not delivering my GPU yet.

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jayzilla

I do, BUT I am kinda scared by the lack of pre-release reviews for this. Most Triple A titles get early reviews when they are top-notch and they get late reviews when they are mediocre/lackluster. It kinda has me worried, I will admit.

sixpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By sixpin
    @Driadon: Haha, already fixed my typo. And I thought I was quick about it... Does that make me a Ninja Dog?
    Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Binman88
    @Galiant said:
    " I still haven't decided whether I am interested in this game or not. I like RPG's, I played the hell out of Fallout 3 and the two KotOR games were entertaining. I've never played Baldur's Gate or Mass Effect though. I kinda get the impression that you'll enjoy this a lot more if you've played Baldur's Gate in the past (maybe a nostalgia thing?).   I read an australian review on IGN stating numerous issues with the game (like graphics, bad voice acting, and that the combat system is complex and difficult to get into for new players) but that the game makes up for it because it "plays like it used to, but better"? Since I have no past experience with Baldur's Gate, d'ya think I'll enjoy this game? Why are people so excited about it? "
    I'm playing the PC version right now and although I've only really ran around for about ten or fifteen minutes at the start of the game picking up a few tutorials, I can safely say the following. The compromise between graphics and frame rate are perfect, the game looks great and runs incredibly smooth. The voice acting so far has been very fitting for the setting and the characters - it hasn't sounded over acted like many of the voices in Oblivion sounded to me. As for the combat, I've only fought a bunch of rats in a pantry with a party of 3 members (inlcuding myself and a dog), but it so far seems easy to grasp, and the active pause system makes managing your party and attacks much more organised and you feel more in control of the situation.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By CL60
    @Jayzilla said:
    " I do, BUT I am kinda scared by the lack of pre-release reviews for this. Most Triple A titles get early reviews when they are top-notch and they get late reviews when they are mediocre/lackluster. It kinda has me worried, I will admit. "
    Nobody can win these days...most of the time a game gets good reviews early and people cry "THEY GOT PAID!!!" then if a review doesn't come in and the game comes out tomorrow it's always "this game is probably mediocre."

What you are saying makes absolutely no sense regardless....long RPGs take a whole hell of a lot longer to review then any other type of genre.
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By eroticfishcake

I'll like to but I just don't have the time, so I might pick it up in a few months. Should be cheaper by then as well.

boj4ngles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24  Edited By boj4ngles
    @Galiant:
    Compared to Fallout 3 and KOTOR, DA:O will not play so much like an rpg but more as a strategy game.  Combat is heavily based on micromanagement of a small party.  But in contrast to real time strategy games, rpg's in the vein of Baldur's Gate are much more forgiving because they can be paused at any time in order to issue commands and evaluate your tactics.  There is also little to no resource management, (compared to rts).

Additionally, (and I am super excited about this) DA:O will have programmable AI for your party.  What this means is that you can have a prioritized list of orders that your party will carry out automatically.  For example you can make the number one priority command of your cleric be something like: "Cast lesser heal on party members whose health falls below %50"  and their number two command "Attack nearest enemy caster with sling".   Your main warrior's priority command might be "Use lesser heal potion when health drops to %5" and his number two command might be "Attack highest level enemy".

Final Fantasy XII   had a game mechanic similar to this calle the "gambit" system and it worked very well.  You can essentially run through the game with only controlling your main character and simply adjusting the gambit orders of your party when you come to difficult fights.  If DA:O pulls off their own version of the gambit system, then it will be a huge success I imagine.
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#25  Edited By citizenkane
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By pause422

After going back and fourth with what I thought of this game for a while now because of the terrible ads and such, I can know say I do actually wish I could play it now. But one day wait is hardly a huge deal.

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By demonbear
    @Lowbrow said:
    " So I'm losing my marbles over here, trying to contain my anticipation for Dragon age: Origins.... At work, have called EB, they have my copy, but wont sell it to me tomorrow. My stress levels are at all time highs, is anyone else feelin the pain? "
    Dude yes, its preloaded on steam and everything, i CANNOT wait!!! This is my most anticipated game since Mass Effect..... I love Bioware. God Bless the Bioware Doctors. 
    Avatar image for martinvsyolatengo
    martinvsyolatengo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

can't wait either... the steam preload is about to finish, but it seems they're going to unlock it at noon tomorrow or something... I was hoping midnight release!!!

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By demonbear
    @martinvsyolatengo: its probably gonna be like Borderlands, so up at 3PM east-coast time.
    galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#30  Edited By galiant
    @boj4ngles: I like the sound of that! I thoroughly enjoyed FFXII's system. I might actually get this game =)
    Avatar image for martinvsyolatengo
    martinvsyolatengo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demonbear: good to know! though it sucks it's not midninght or early morning... I stil, remember the Half Life 2 unlock at like 4 am back in 2004. 

:) 
    ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#32  Edited By ttocs

I took off work and everything tomorrow to get some quality time in Dragon Age universe.  Can't wait...so, yeah, you know my answer.

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By demonbear
    @martinvsyolatengo: Its a new standard now for the Steam team. Its easier for them to do it like this since they're all in the office at that time ( 12pm pacific ) so if there's a problem at launch, the full staff is available to work on it. Apparantly it happened before, couldn't tell you what game though.
    generic_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#34  Edited By generic_ninja
    @martinvsyolatengo:
    So was I...I was going to stay home from school to play this game...But I guess I should go to physics class rather then cut up some dudes?
    Bald3rdash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#35  Edited By Bald3rdash

I wish I could be playing Dragon Age right now, but won't be picking it up tomorrow =(  I try to limit myself to just one game per month, and have to give Call of Duty this month's purchase.  Maybe next month or at Christmas time though!  BioWare ftw!

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Binman88

Some PC gameplay footage for anyone interested! This is just after starting the game as a human noble. 

Daveydave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Daveydave

I am from the uk and we don;t get it for another few days. Is there a way to be able to download the US release version? I was wondering if you could trick steam into thinking i was from the US but had no luck so far?

Siris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Siris

I surely feel like playing it. Comes out tomorrow, hurray.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39  Edited By Rowr

It leaked. You COULD be playing it right now.

Daveydave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Daveydave

yeh but I want to pay for it :)

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Shadow

I agree.  WTF is a grey warden?
    Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Binman88
    @Daveydave said:
    " yeh but I want to pay for it :) "
    Do both? I have no problem admitting I'm using a leaked copy of the game, but I've also had it preordered from Play.com since August. The Royal Mail strike will mean I won't get the game in the post for over a week after the release date.
    MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

me, and I would try to make my dwarf look like Ryan

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Gargantuan

Damn, it's coming out tomorrow? I'll have to order it ASAP. 
    Edit: Hmm, it's only 80 sek  cheaper if I order it. I'll buy it at GAME instead. It's better to support the local shop than steam. Edit2: And I'll get it earlier too :D

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Driadon
    @demonbear said:
    " @martinvsyolatengo: its probably gonna be like Borderlands, so up at 3PM east-coast time. "
    My Direct2Drive pre-load will activate at 10AM PDT. I'm thinking the Steam version has to activate around the same time.
    Daveydave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Daveydave

is there a way to buy it from steam but change the account so that it unlocks tomorrow instead?

Lowbrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Lowbrow
    @Driadon said:
    " @demonbear said:
    " @martinvsyolatengo: its probably gonna be like Borderlands, so up at 3PM east-coast time. "
    My Direct2Drive pre-load will activate at 10AM PDT. I'm thinking the Steam version has to activate around the same time. "
    How do you like direct2drive btw? Is it much different than steam? Does it have a client you need to download?
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By JoelTGM

I want it, but I'm waiting for reviews because I still don't fully understand the game.

skallagrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By skallagrim

I just got borderlands... too many games that I want coming out at the same time.

Eisen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#50  Edited By Eisen

I hope this unlocks earlier than the time posted in steam.  i work evenings and if the time is accurate I will not get to play this release day.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.