Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dungeon Siege III

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jun 17, 2011

Dungeon Siege 3 is the third instalment of the Dungeon Siege franchise. It tells the tale of the fallen 10th Legion taking back the Kingdom of Ehb from the popular Azunite champion Jeyne Kassynder.

I wasn't expecting something epic, but a 6.5 hour RPG.. really?

• 56 results
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#51  Edited By Tennmuerti

@Mooqi said:

It took me 8 hours on normal difficulty with every sidequest. Throughout the whole game I died once (Dying all the time and being stuck may explain the much longer playtimes mentioned in this thread). Maybe you need one hour more if you actually listen to the dialogue instead of flying over it and then skipping it. Maybe you need 2 hours more if you are not Anjali who owns everyone and everything in her path with a simple two-spell combo. Maybe you need 3 hours more if you are borderline retarded and can't solve the simple sidequests which are always near the actual main story objectives, like someone said before.

However, the game can be finished that fast because it has an excellent WoW-Addon-like quest helper. You press UP on your controller and breadcrumbs lead the way. So basically all you do is walking up to the guys with the exclamation mark and then pressing UP until the quest is finished. This way the game will be done in 8 hours.

DS III is by no means horrible. It is entertaining while it lasts and its combat feels dynamic and rewarding, but people who keep yelling that this game will take significantly longer than 8 hours for a first (and probably only) playthrough are either unable to cope with the difficulty (lol?) or simply misleading interested buyers of the game.

8 hours by in game save timestamps or Steam time tracker?

Mooqi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Mooqi

@Tennmuerti: 8 hours as in from 2 pm till 10 pm. One session of uninterrupted raw gaming.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

How far along am I, I'm leaving Raven's Rill and heading through the Eastern Forest?

I'm like six hours in right now.

Mooqi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By Mooqi

@Rolyatkcinmai: you have finished one third of the game.

mrangryface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By mrangryface

6.5 hours? Im 5 hours in on normal difficulty and I dont appear anywhere close to the end. I have a friend who's put more time in saying the games like 15 hours. Doesnt add up.

I think ultimately the problem with Dungeon Siege III is that your opportunity to score loot in a given area is a once off affair- you can't really grind for loot in earlier areas- the closest thing to grinding loot in the game is at the shops, and even the shops inventory appear to scale to the level of the zone said shop is closest to. So basically replay value is kind of out the window- which is a shame because action rpgs are all about grinding for better loot.

HadesTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#56  Edited By HadesTimes

On Easy, doing about 80% of the sidequests clocks in at 11 hours.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.