Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dying Light

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Jan 27, 2015

Dying Light is a first-person, open world game set in a zombie apocalypse. The player character is able to free-run to get around the environment quickly.

The Following

Avatar image for joe_mccallister
    Joe_McCallister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

Haven't seen a ton of hype or chatter about this just yet, beyond the PR stuff put out there. Anyone looking forward to it? Feb 9 is coming sooner than later and although it's a bit crowded I just wanted to see if anyone else has kept tabs on it.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I cannot wait to mow down the undead in a dune buggy.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I want to give it a try, but I'd probably need to get through the base game first.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@rorie said:

I want to give it a try, but I'd probably need to get through the base game first.

Exact issue I have right now I also have no idea what this thing is.

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

The writeup Rock Paper Shotgun did on it made it seem pretty awesome. A large map (a bit bigger than the two base game locations put together) with farmland and such. You can upgrade the buggy, and since it's a buggy zombies can get lodged into pieces of it as you mow them down.
    Kinda want to get it as soon as it launches, but time and money prevents me from just buying the season pass or something right now.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

It's like Half-Life 2, but without all the loading screens.

PhilOsyfee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Purchased the Season Pass way back thinking the DLC was coming out sooner, so I will certainly be playing when it comes out.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I was thinking about getting that whole package now that it has all these fixes and improvements touted as a selling point. Thing is, like you said, it's getting kinda crowded. All January I had very little to play and was basically waiting for Tomb Raider to come out for PC. Now The Witness is out and I want to play that, Tomb Raider is out tomorrow and this is out in like 2 weeks. I don't even know what to play first anymore. Videogame release schedules are the fucking worst - months of nothing and then a landslide of releases within a few weeks.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems neat. I loaded up Dying Light to beat it and found out I didn't back up my save when i swapped out hard drives on my PS4 (why the hell don't they have a "backup all" feature?). I'm not in the mood to start over, so Dying Light and its DLC will probably be my game for the summer when releases slow down.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

I found out about this recently, I loved Dying Light so I plan on getting this.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NTM

I didn't buy the season pass, but yes, I think I'm going to get this. I have been keeping up to date on it as much as I could. I just hope that I can jump into it right when I buy it, because I forgot I started a new game plus; I don't think I'll beat it again by the time it comes out. I'm also interested to see what the enhanced visuals look like.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

Very excited for this and all the "enhanced edition" improvements that they're patching into the game. My only worry is the lack of verticality compared to the main game. Hopefully the buggies are fun enough to make up for it.

ScottG13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kirk at Kotaku liked it a lot. Also, he liked Dying Light a lot (much as I did).

Really looking forward to jumping into this when I get home this evening! Love that they not only built out a HUGE piece of DLC, but they also improved tons of mechanics and expanded the skills and upgrades. That's what a Season Pass should buy you. Not a bunch of costumes and unintegrated boring missions or trials (Batman... I'm looking at you incase you couldn't tell).

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

That looks cool! I still haven't played the base game. I like parkour so I feel like I should but zombies just bore me and I'm afraid the rest won't grab me. Maybe I should just give it a go though. If the regular game gets all those improvements though that's a good reason to check it out now.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, going to download this today. I liked but did not love the regular game, but what I've read about the DLC has me hankering for some zombie-killing parkour action!!!

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Game seemed pretty cool, but the ps4 demo made me sick beyond belief so i had to leave it alone.

NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't know about anyone else but I've found that going back to this game after nearly a year is just a tiny bit rough. There are sooo many different mechanics, systems, and special moves in this game that are hard to remember. It was like 20 minutes before I remembered that there was that crazy survivor vision.

poveren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

do you continue your character, or are the levels/skills reset?

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-63d5c454eb6aa
    deactivated-63d5c454eb6aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is the walking speed of your character just really slow, or is my controller busted? I havent played it in months and his walking pace feels glacial. Sprinting seems as fast as I remember.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know about anyone else but I've found that going back to this game after nearly a year is just a tiny bit rough. There are sooo many different mechanics, systems, and special moves in this game that are hard to remember. It was like 20 minutes before I remembered that there was that crazy survivor vision.

Ha! Same here. The inventory is still pretty wretched as well. What the hell is survivor vision? That's one thing that did not come back to me after playing two or so hours the other day.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poveren: You continue your character.

That's good to hear. Do you keep all your inventory/stash stuff?

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@capum15: I'm not 100% sure but I think so.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Capum15

@pompouspizza: Cool, thanks for the info. And as a backup, I always have my trusty dropkicks. I love the roof zombies in the second area of the main game (only started playing recently) because it's just so fun to dropkick them off.

ScottG13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neocalypso: I feel like this is every time I have a game I really liked and some complex DLC comes out much later. It's SO hard to get back into games. Dragon Age was like that for me. As was Shadow of Mordor. Hoping I can roll back into DL relatively easy as a max level character and relearn my moves.

PhilOsyfee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hit me up to play gents. PSN PhilOsyfee

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@capum15 said:

@pompouspizza: Cool, thanks for the info. And as a backup, I always have my trusty dropkicks. I love the roof zombies in the second area of the main game (only started playing recently) because it's just so fun to dropkick them off.

Yeah, those dropkicks are sick, even if they can be tough to line up. I just got to the second area and was genuinely surprised that the game even included it. Good surprise, though! Those devestator enemies in the streets are going to make me stay up high for a while, I suspect.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie said:
    @capum15 said:

Yeah, those dropkicks are sick, even if they can be tough to line up. I just got to the second area and was genuinely surprised that the game even included it. Good surprise, though! Those devestator enemies in the streets are going to make me stay up high for a while, I suspect.

I've only touched the ground out of necessity for missions in the second area because it just seems way more dangerous than the first place. If it's not a giant horde of zombies it's a special or two (or like six+ of the sprinting jerks).

Otherwise I just stay on the roofs and kick stuff off or run by. It makes you get better at dropkicks though, as some of the roofs can be small or awkward and you need to work with or around 'em to land a solid hit.

They really are one of the best feeling dropkicks in a game that I can think of right now. A lot of power, and they send dudes just flying at times. Gonna need to power through this later (but there are just so many side missions) so I can see what this expansion is all about.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, I'm playing it! I was going to make a thread, but this will definitely do. I reinstalled the game a few days ago to get ready for this DLC, and bought it earlier (have it going right now as I type). What's more, is that there were some updates, which make it the enhanced edition really. Two things I really enjoy from that is that the game is still not really a shooter, but it brought more guns, and made the controls more in line with modern shooters where you just pull the trigger, so it's more viable an option now in my opinion, though I wish they put some silencer weapons in, because you attract a lot of zombie attention otherwise. Then, they put in another wanted option which is the option to turn off the film grain. There's also a new upgrading system, which is neat, but looks like it'll take a while to fill it all in. The other addition is that the game is harder, just the day before the update, I could slash guys' heads off with one swipe of a weapon, now that's not the case (though I went back to normal difficulty for this DLC, so we'll see). I'm bummed out a bit though, because when I installed the game a few days ago and started playing, I was playing at night time in game, and I threw my powerful weapon I had for a long time at an enemy, and died, so I lost it. I really enjoyed the game when I played it on release, and it's even better now, though slightly. Now there's this, which I am only at the beginning of, so I'll keep going. Hopefully others will come back on here when they play it.

mathj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im really enjoying it so far. the new map is pretty big, ive played the game for about 3-4 hours and ive barely gotten out of the beginning zone. the story is interesting as well. really liking the addition of new upgrades. its just enough to feel familiar to dying light, but just different enough to feel fresh.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By NTM

Man. I'm still playing (what I guess has been eight hours!) And it is really good, and big. I've hardly touched the main story. The reason it's probably taking me as long though is because I haven't been using the car. It's totally fine, but I am completely fine just running around on foot, and it's also a way for me to see the environments without passing things too quickly. I have almost half the map seen, but I still feel like I'm only one third of the way through it all. I'm just trying to do all the side mission first (though probably not the challenges, or more basic, non story stuff like bounties). Oh, and I went all in, now I'm just using guns, and it's a valid way to get through it. I don't have any hand-to-hand type weapons anymore.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm said:

Man. I'm still playing (what I guess has been eight hours!) And it is really good, and big. I've hardly touched the main story. The reason it's probably taking me as long though is because I haven't been using the car. It's totally fine, but I am completely fine just running around on foot, and it's also a way for me to see the environments without passing things too quickly. I have almost half the map seen, but I still feel like I'm only one third of the way through it all. I'm just trying to do all the side mission first (though probably not the challenges, or more basic, non story stuff like bounties). Oh, and I went all in, now I'm just using guns, and it's a valid way to get through it. I don't have any hand-to-hand type weapons anymore.

Have you cleared out any of the volatile zones yet? I'm assuming there's something you have to do to destroy the nest, ala Witcher, rather than kill every single one of the damn things. Any advice you may have would be much appreciated!

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

About 3 hours in and I'm a little underwhelmed by it.

ScottG13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It definitely seems more difficult. Then the base game. My uber weapons I fished with originallly are just "OK" in The Following. But their seems to be a lot more higher level weapons I'll be sorting through as the game progresses. Seems like there is a lot to do and kitting out the buggy should be fun. Overall, not amazing, but a great expansion. The bar is pretty low these days. This seems like a worth like "Dying Light 1.5" for $20.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By NTM

@stryker1121: No, I went into two, one of which I had three minutes left. I left the area before I could finish it. I think you have to kill all of the sleeping volatile's. Just do it during night time as it suggests. I recommend going to a bed to sleep, and then book it to the volatile area. It shouldn't be that hard. I am going to do those after I do everything else; they don't seem all that important compared to other side missions where characters are immediately involved (and things are a little more varied), rather they just seem to push you loyalty up, which I am already one way from the top. The one I went into had a train there. I thought that there'd be one source I'd have to destroy one way or another, so I ran straight to the back of the place, as infected ran after me, as that just seems predictable (run to the back perhaps, place a bomb, or something, and run out), but that wasn't the case, so I think you just have to find all the volatile and destroy them.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By NTM

@scottg13: It's not The Following, it was the latest update that changed the difficulty, so even in the base game that's the case.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not out until tomorrow in the UK. Can anyone tell me if it gives you a refresher on the controls? I have not play that game in a year.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@pompouspizza: oh, that's kind of a bummer. i wanted to play this, but i played the original on the PS4, and wanted to go through this on the PC

maybe one day i'll get around to just replaying the base game idk

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

@pompouspizza: No refresher on controls. I find them to be pretty intuitive and easy to remember; it's mostly about reminding yourself what skills you've unlocked and how to use them.

This DLC is seriously great. The buggy and the wide open fields of zombies change the pace of the game in a really great way. It actually feels a bit like Far Cry now in that you're driving through this open world to get to outposts (in this case, farms and houses). I also like that there's a dense little town to explore, so it hasn't totally lost the verticality of the main game.

Anyone else playing on the new nightmare difficulty? I played through the game on Hard on my first playthrough and was excited that they introduced a new one. Liking it quite a bit so far, though I don't particularly enjoy fighting Demolishers (The Following seems to have them in abundance). I also think the human enemies are way too bullet-spongey.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It sucks and it is broken. I'm stuck on a endless loop of following the water main with my buggy. However my buggy is now so damaged I can run faster than it. So my two options are die again or have the time run out. And then it goes to the checkpoint except my buggy keeps all the damage. WTF? The only real option I have is to start all over. Thanks a lot Techland.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I beat it just now. I enjoyed it, though I didn't like the endings. I'm pretty sick of horror games, or horror themed games having no positive outcomes. I just wanted to see some hope in a world where there seems to be little.

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it possible to start the DLC with a new character, or do you have to beat the base game first?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By NTM

@dezztroy: You can play The Following without beating the main game, though you have to buy the actual game. If you haven't already played Dying Light (or beat it), I don't see why you'd want to go into The Following though, as it's a continuation of where the end of the main left off. You can start a new game though, but I'd recommend using the save from your main game playthrough.

Avatar image for deactivated-587b6acd5d124
    deactivated-587b6acd5d124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dunno about the rest of you, but this update broke my game. I Couldn't recover my save game, or use any of the 100% complete saves I downloaded from the internet.

After being forced to restart the game, then finish the tedious prologue, I could finally jump into the DLC... or so I thought.

The game will not save my progress, and without a save game file I can't start the DLC. I Thought about using my Steam refund, but unfortunatly I upgraded weeks ago and am not eligible.

If anyone ran into this issue (and hopefully fixed it) please let me know.

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm said:

@dezztroy: You can play The Following without beating the main game, though you have to buy the actual game. If you haven't already played Dying Light (or beat it), I don't see why you'd want to go into The Following though, as it's a continuation of where the end of the main left off. You can start a new game though, but I'd recommend using the save from your main game playthrough.

I played through the original game at launch with a couple friends and we'd like to start fresh in The Following as the game was rather easy by the time we finished it.

It's good that you can start a new game in it though, thanks!

indieslaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@marcsman: I'm am stuck in that exact situation. The day night cycle finally started, so it's night, my buggy is broken so I can't outrun night monsters, my checkpoint starts on a timed mission to follow the water main, and I keep dying over and over. Did you ever figure out a way past that?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.