Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2010

Concept »

The 2010 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) took place at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California on June 15-17.

What is Microsoft going to show other than Natal at E3

617_jbug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By 617_jbug

With Gears of War 3 being announced almost 2 months in front of E3 and a year from being released, what new game announcements does Microsoft have plan for the future. I know we are going to hear about Natal and the launch line up, probably hear about Halo Reach single player, something new for Fable 3 but what about in 2011 and beyond. Are we going to get info about Mass Effect 3, maybe Itagaki makes an appearance or Microsoft gets Square to go multiplatform for FF13 Versus. I am sure Microsoft has games to show but it just seems to me that they have most of their eggs in one basket when it comes to Natal.

617_jbug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By 617_jbug

With Gears of War 3 being announced almost 2 months in front of E3 and a year from being released, what new game announcements does Microsoft have plan for the future. I know we are going to hear about Natal and the launch line up, probably hear about Halo Reach single player, something new for Fable 3 but what about in 2011 and beyond. Are we going to get info about Mass Effect 3, maybe Itagaki makes an appearance or Microsoft gets Square to go multiplatform for FF13 Versus. I am sure Microsoft has games to show but it just seems to me that they have most of their eggs in one basket when it comes to Natal.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By iam3green

they are just going to show things games that are going to come out. gears 3, fable 3, halo reach, crack down 2,  sales on things, natal. pretty much all they are going to show. they might even have a surprise exclusive.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Pie

Man, E3 is gonna be a bummer. All there big franchises have something.....OH WHAT ABOUT MGS:RISING!? Thats exciting right?........

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Gabriel

Well if it goes anything like a current gen Microsoft Press Confrence they will announce an once time Sony Exclusive coming to the Xbox, something from Insominiac maybe.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By xyzygy

I'm pretty excited, just to see all these awesome games coming. I could care less about Gears, I really don't like that series, but everything else I'm pumped for! 

I'm actually the most excited for Nintendo's because they might say something about Zelda. Second is Microsoft and third is Sony.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By Sooperspy

Probably something on Halo Reach, Crackdown 2, Fable 3, Dead Rising 2, and announce new games of course. And  new games that support Natal

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xyzygy

Another thing I forgot to mention is that I'm probably the most excited to see what Rare is doing, Natal or not.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By louiedog

Xbox 360 Slim.

zombieman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By zombieman

I have a bad feeling that it will be a very Natal heavy show.  

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By natetodamax

If Microsoft's portion of E3 is mostly Project Natal crap I will be very disappointed.

drakesfortune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By drakesfortune

I think 360 is nearing the end.  They really should move forward at this point.  I actually think MSoft may be dialing back their console business.  I think it's been a bit of a boondoggle for them.  It's too bad too, I like my 360 a lot.  I don't know how they get past this gen though.  I don't know the exact numbers, but I think RRoD killed them this gen.  I think they lost their asses on it, and I think they aren't making enough money to justify the massive risks they take in the gaming business.  

If they want to keep going, I think they need to move on it soon with a new console.

ebritt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ebritt

I can only hope they show a majorly cleaned up UI along side natal. I was using my friend's ps3 the other day and its incredibly clean and simple compared to the gang bang of adverts and promotions and 20 pages of crap in between booting up and anything I want to do. I love my 360, but at the moment the dashboard is a joke and it's something so easily fixed.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By damswedon

i have a feeling that they are going to do a 
    ALL THESE GAMES ARE OUT THIS YEAR 
    thing again.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By RobotHamster

I have no interest in natal what so ever and I bet thats what their main focus will be on.  From the exclusive line up all I care about is gears 3 and nothing else.  I have doubts they'll show anything new with all their focus on natal.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By get2sammyb

There's no doubt they'll do a "remember this Sony-associated franchise you liked? Well now it's coming to the XBOX 360. That's right, multiplatform. And guess what, we've got timed exclusivity on the first DLC pack" type announcement. I wouldn't be surprised if they had MGS at their show.

I still think it's going to be mainly Natal. It won't be all Natal, but they're going to want to make a splash with the device and there's no bigger stage than E3. Like you say: there'll be Reach, Fable 3, Gears, probably Shadow Complex 2. I think there'll be Rock Band 3 at Microsoft's thing. Then there'll be lots of Natal. There'll be the one-time Sony exclusive. Then they'll probably announce something ENTIRELY new. Then that'll be the end.

I more excited for Nintendo and Sony's press conference at this point.

evanbrau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By evanbrau

It'll be a Natal-o-rama with some stuff on games we've already seen like Crackdown 2 and Reach. I'm pretty pumped for both games so I'm looking forward to seeing more on them. That racing/combat game thats in beta at the moment will probably be shown also. As for the third party rundown I imagine thats where we'll see any surprises.

Blitzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Blitzer

Natal..ugh. I blame Nintendo, then myself for buying a Wii, that I never play.

I miss gaming being a niche. Why did Nintendo have to go and ruin everything?
    Oh yea, money. :(

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By Rhaknar

as a fighting game fanboy, i would love if MvC3 got some press conference love on either sony or microsoft, but it will never happen :p

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @zombieman said:
    " I have a bad feeling that it will be a very Natal heavy show.   "
    They're doing an event the day before E3 to show off Natal, their actual press conference will be focusing on 'core' games.
    Wouldn't surprise me if some of those games are for Natal as well though..  Still hoping for a Black & White 3. 

But Microsoft tend to focus on what's coming this year, unlike Sony who tend to hype up games coming in the next few years.  This is probably why they announced Gears 3 before hand.  I think we'll mainly see a focus on Halo, Fable III, Crackdown, perhaps Gears of War, along with whatever else they haven't announced for this year yet.  Wouldn't surprise me to see Rare finally announce whatever they've been doing and of course the slim 360.
    Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By Ace829
    @Blitzer said:
    " Natal..ugh. I blame Nintendo, then myself for buying a Wii, that I never play.  I miss gaming being a niche. Why did Nintendo have to go and ruin everything? Oh yea, money. :( "
    Wii has quite a few niche games. Don't be fooled by the amount of shovelware, there are games like Muramasa, Endless Ocean, and MLB Power Pros that give the Wii some playtime.
    CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21  Edited By CenturionCajun

For those of you not excited about Natal you'll be happy to know that Microsoft is actually doing two completely different press conferences. On June 13 they are having a Natal focused press conference followed by one for the "hardcore" on June 14. So, if you don't care about all the motion control and casual focus then just skip the one on the thirteenth.

As for games being featured it's a pretty sure bet we'll see:
    -Crackdown 2
    -Fable 3 (Although it might feature more heavily in the Natal conference depending on features.)
    -Gears of War 3
    -Halo: Reach
    -Mass Effect 3 (Bioware has said they are pushing to get it out in 2011.)

In addition to those there will be the inevitable montage of multi-platform games, summer of arcade title announcements, and a few random surprises ala Left 4 Dead 2. I also have a sinking feeling that the rumors of a newly redesigned Xbox 360 Slim will be announced as part of the inevitable Natal bundle. This upsets me because my launch system just broke and is in for repair as we speak.

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#22  Edited By thatfrood

stuff

Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#23  Edited By Lazyaza

I'm half expecting to see something about Mass Effect 3 but it might be a little early. Peter Molyneux will definitely show off Fable 3 and once again start up his famous over hyping :P
    I gather since MS were really excited about MGS Rising coming to 360 last year it'll be a big deal at this years for them despite the fact its multiplatform. 

Gears3 and Halo Reach will be getting a shit tonne of coverage, they'll have some new snazzy story trailer for Reach and Belinski will do another lengthy demo showing off all the new stuff in Gears3 (underwater fighting, mech gameplay etc)  The mechs probably have chainsaws and flamethrowers if they have any sense.

Overall not really expecting any major surprises from MS or anyone for that matter.  

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AlwaysAngry

Halo: Reach and Gears of War 3...duh.

rawrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By rawrz

Whatever it is Ill still probably enjoy it more then Nintendo's showing since they've had very underwhelming E3 showings the last few years. Im afraid of Microsoft going the Nintendo route and having much of there show being casual gamer nonsense which never made sense to me since casual gamers arnt the ones watching E3 so devoting so much time showing stuff off catered towards them is rather pointless.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By CenturionCajun

Well, keep in mind that E3 is a trade show. It's more for retailers and investors than the gaming media and gamers. So, they are going to show off whatever they think is going to make them the most money. Just think back to last year when the Ubisoft President got on stage to show off their most lucrative franchise...Imagine.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.