Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

EA Games

Company »

EA Games is a publishing label used by Electronic Arts for most of its non-sports titles.

Hate em' or love em' the hits keep coming.....

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By Vinny_Says

Yeah they shut down servers, fuck consumers with online passes and limited editions, and have been major assholes for a long time, but in the last couple of years they have published some great stuff. There was a time when the only EA game I owned was NHL99, but over time my library of EA games has grown significantly. (Yeah I guess you can say that's because they own everything)

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Xbox 360 Box Art
    Xbox 360 Box Art

Skate 2
    Skate 2
    Are just some of the hits. Yeah There's a bunch of not so great stuff that's come out but there's also a huge amount of upcoming releases.

So forum, what non-Battlefield 3 future release are you looking forward to the most?
    ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By ch3burashka

2 or 3 of the 6 are published, not developed by EA, are they not? That's not that big of an achievement in that case. 

As for me, I would rather DICE flush Battlefield 3 down the drain if that meant we could get Mirror's Edge 2 that much sooner. I freaking hate that ME and DS came out at the same time, and DS was the one that won out. It's a great game/franchise, but it's great via iteration and appropriation of other great ideas. I'd rather play something completely new than something better but simply refined.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Vinny_Says
    @CH3BURASHKA: none of those are developed by EA, like I said. I respect your opinion but if you were the head of EA there would be no EA because you wanted a Mirror's edge sequel over Battlefield.
    Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@CH3BURASHKA said:
    " As for me, I would rather DICE flush Battlefield 3 down the drain if that meant we could get Mirror's Edge 2 that much sooner. "
    WE WILL FIGHT, FRIEND.

Anyways, yeah - EA has published a ton of great games the past few years.  I guess the one game I'm looking most forward to (other than BF3) from EA is Mass Effect 3.
    Avatar image for ultimatepunchrod
    ultimatepunchrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By ultimatepunchrod
    @CH3BURASHKA: im with you. i never played battlefield and loved ME
    DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By DeF

just one question: how do they "fuck customers" with limited editions?

their recent limited editions (all first-print titles get small in-game extras for the regular $60 MSRP) are quite nice. what's the problem?

easthill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By easthill
    @blacklabeldomm said:
    " @CH3BURASHKA: none of those are developed by EA, like I said. I respect your opinion but if you were the head of EA there would be no EA because you wanted a Mirror's edge sequel over Battlefield. "
    I was under the impression that EA owns the companies that made these games except for Bulletstorm? (BioWare, Criterion, Visceral, DICE, Black Box)
    Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Vinny_Says
    @DeF: I'm just being a bit dramatic. It's more deceitful than anything else. The content is basically stuff that should be in game by default but they hide it behind a code in order for you to buy the game new. That makes some people mad I guess?
    blueaniman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By blueaniman93

Mass Effect 3! 
    Yeah EA is awesome, but they cast a wide net and therefore there are things that aren't very great either. 
    When you consider that they're number one priority is to make money and that any one who was in that position would probably do the same, they're not so bad.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Skald

It's Riccitiello. He's really turned that place around.

I think it was 2008 when they really started to get things together. That year alone they released Burnout: Paradise, Mirror's Edge and Dead Space.    

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jimbo
    @blacklabeldomm said:
    " @CH3BURASHKA: none of those are developed by EA, like I said. I respect your opinion but if you were the head of EA there would be no EA because you wanted a Mirror's edge sequel over Battlefield. "
    Apart from Bulletstorm, all of those games were developed by EA studios.
    nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By nintendoeats

Odd little history lesson:

What are the two big evil game companies of the last 10 eyars? EA and Activision (yeah yeah, Acti-Blizzard...whatever). What do those two companies have in common?

They both started as games that wanted to treat game designers like artists. Electronic Arts wasn't ironic, the people who started it 100% wanted to see gaming progress as an art form. And then look at Valve. They are massive, and they made 2 games over the course of 10 years (obviously steam is the reason for their success, but I think everybody is comfortable with Valve as another arts-oriented company).

The point is that the road to big evil company starts with a respect for the product at hand and the people that use/make it.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DeF
    @blacklabeldomm said:
    " @DeF: I'm just being a bit dramatic. It's more deceitful than anything else. The content is basically stuff that should be in game by default but they hide it behind a code in order for you to buy the game new. That makes some people mad I guess? "
    sure in some cases that's a valid point. but in the case of dead space 2 which packed dead space extraction (a full game) for free? that was pretty sweet (albeit not so much for 360/PC owners). however, it's non-essential stuff and you don't even have to pay extra!
    PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

I've always liked EA. They usually don't run their franchises into the ground. And I enjoyed their Bond games, with a couple exceptions. 

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By JJWeatherman

I like EA for the most part. Their sports divisions are kinda douchey, but I'll get over that NFL exclusive license at some point... maybe.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PrivateIronTFU
    @nintendoeats said:
    " Odd little history lesson:  What are the two big evil game companies of the last 10 eyars? EA and Activision (yeah yeah, Acti-Blizzard...whatever). What do those two companies have in common?  They both started as games that wanted to treat game designers like artists. Electronic Arts wasn't ironic, the people who started it 100% wanted to see gaming progress as an art form. And then look at Valve. They are massive, and they made 2 games over the course of 10 years (obviously steam is the reason for their success, but I think everybody is comfortable with Valve as another arts-oriented company).  The point is that the road to big evil company starts with a respect for the product at hand and the people that use/make it. "
    Believe me, I'm not trying to sound like a jackass or anything here. But I honestly can't tell if this is a jokingly pro-EA rant or a fiercely anti-EA rant.
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By Enigma777

Thank god for Riccitiello! 

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18  Edited By Skald
    @Enigma777 said:
    " Thank god for Riccitiello!  "
    Unfortunately he has the kind of last name that's really difficult to spell.
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Enigma777
    @extremeradical said:
    " @Enigma777 said:
    " Thank god for Riccitiello!  "
    Unfortunately he has the kind of last name that's really difficult to spell. "
    Heh, I had to google it.
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Most of them are just published by EA, and for the record, Skate 2 is a terrible sequel.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By dagas

Sure those are some great games, but they also have the Army of Two series. I bought AoT TFD for €8 but even at that price I can't say it was worth it. I bought Dead Space 1 for the same price at the same sale and that was a much better.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By nintendoeats
    @PrivateIronTFU said:
    " @nintendoeats said:
    " Odd little history lesson:  What are the two big evil game companies of the last 10 eyars? EA and Activision (yeah yeah, Acti-Blizzard...whatever). What do those two companies have in common?  They both started as games that wanted to treat game designers like artists. Electronic Arts wasn't ironic, the people who started it 100% wanted to see gaming progress as an art form. And then look at Valve. They are massive, and they made 2 games over the course of 10 years (obviously steam is the reason for their success, but I think everybody is comfortable with Valve as another arts-oriented company).  The point is that the road to big evil company starts with a respect for the product at hand and the people that use/make it. "
    Believe me, I'm not trying to sound like a jackass or anything here. But I honestly can't tell if this is a jokingly pro-EA rant or a fiercely anti-EA rant. "
    Neither, its some information. I'm not pro or anti anybody. Well ok, I'm anti-Activision right now but only because of Bobby Kotick.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @xobballox said:
    " @CH3BURASHKA said:
    " As for me, I would rather DICE flush Battlefield 3 down the drain if that meant we could get Mirror's Edge 2 that much sooner. "
    WE WILL FIGHT, FRIEND.  "
    i'll fight him with you !!
    B0nd07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#24  Edited By B0nd07
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " @xobballox said:
    " @CH3BURASHKA said:
    i'll fight him with you !! "
    You have my axe!

Look, I liked Mirror's Edge and would love to see a sequel, but Battlefield 3 has been in the works for much much longer.
    Faint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Faint

5 years ago I used to think of EA as the enemy of modern gamers. They kept putting out crappy rehash sports titles for example, but they seem to slowly be getting their shit together! FIFA games are actually getting a lot better for example, then with games like Dead Space 2, the title of 'Evil Game Organization' has swiftly turned in the direction of Activision and Square Enix (Square more-so the title of shitty game organization)

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Samaritan

This just in; opinions.

Avatar image for coheedfavorhouse
    CoheedFavorHouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By CoheedFavorHouse
    @B0nd07 said:
    " @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " @xobballox said:
    " @CH3BURASHKA said:
    You have my axe!      
     and my bow!
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @B0nd07 said:
    " @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " @xobballox said:
    " @CH3BURASHKA said:
    You have my axe!  Look, I liked Mirror's Edge and would love to see a sequel, but Battlefield 3 has been in the works for much much longer. "
    not only that, but it's Battlefield 

it's Battlefield 

three !
    flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#29  Edited By flaminghobo

I think EA has managed to reform itself into a respectful publisher over the past few years. I used to think of them as simply a company attempting to make as much money as possible whilst putting in as little quality into their product as possible. They've published a number of great titles over the past few years and introduced a number of new IP's, which I think is great despite them being hit and miss.
    Vao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Vao

EA has changed their image considerable over the past few years, however it helps that theres another company that is easier to take swings at and is marked as the "evil" company. Even as publishers they have say if that game makes it to store. I would say that list still holds sway.  

@B0nd07:  And my Axe,  I'd rather have a good Battlefield game over another mirrors edge any day of the week. 

B0nd07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#31  Edited By B0nd07
    @Vao said:

" I'd rather have a good Battlefield game over another mirrors edge any day of the week.  "

Don't get me wrong; I'd much rather have BF3 than Mirror's Edge 2, especially since it's less than a year away, but wanting one or the other are not mutually exclusive.  You should have replied to CH3BURASHKA with that, since he's the one that wants to can BF3's years of development this close to release for a game that's really nothing more than a pitch. 

And yes, I know the quote is wrong, but the actual line didn't exactly work with what I was replying to.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By Jeffsekai

What's wrong with limited editions that don't cost extra.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.