Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

EVE Online

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released May 06, 2003

EVE Online is a loosely structured science fiction MMORPG published by CCP Games in which players take on the role of a spaceship pilot exploring a colonized galaxy.

Duder corps?

sirdesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By sirdesmond

I just re-subscribed after listening to @snide on this week's Bombcast. While he discussed starting a GB corp in a month or so, I just came back to a now long-dead corp and am looking for some duders to play with in the meantime. I'm a miner and hauler capable of piloting a Hulk (Tech 2 Mining Barge) and an Orca (big hauler).

Skithus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I just re-subscribed after listening to @snide on this week's Bombcast. While he discussed starting a GB corp in a month or so, I just came back to a now long-dead corp and am looking for some duders to play with in the meantime. I'm a miner and hauler capable of piloting a Hulk (Tech 2 Mining Barge) and an Orca (big hauler).

Yeah can't wait for the GB corp to start up. I'm still learning the game, been playing for about half a year now but still feel like i'm just scratching the surface. Rolling around in my own 1man corp atm because trust is a scarce commodity in EvE.

I've can pilot a basic mining barge, and roll around in some battleships and whatnot.

Dead_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yeah, I've been reconsidering resubscribing to Eve lately and since the bombcast it has made it even more appealing. Mining is such a fun thing to do while doing other things (homework for college, etc..).

Mahonay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Mahonay

I'm in the middle of creating my character now. I've never played this game before. I barely play PC games (on my Mac in this case). What the fuck am I thinking? Should be an interesting experience, even if most of it goes over my head. I'll happily be a lowly space trucker for the great Emperor Snider.

musclerider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I just resubbed after listening to the bombcast and reading about the changes they made to mining barges so I don't have to jetcan anymore. What race is everyone?

peterleb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just re-subbed as well on a new character. Looking forward to seeing a duder corp.

Grelik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eve is the game I love and want to play so much, but every time I go back, I hop in my raven or drake, and from there, realize that for my next big ship/fully equipped and skilled will be another 120 days... And I just go "ugh" (Grinding out lvl4's or wormholes for the next 3+months is coma inducing) Then if I continue training my pvp skills, I put myself even further behind.

I'm currently in a pvp corp, we do roams a few times a week, but fuck, it takes soooo long to do anything. Takes an hour just to safely get everyone into null sec, then you fly around for 1-4 hours and even then you're not guaranteed a fight. Ugh.

I love the game so much, I just don't have the huge chunks of time to devote to playing it. (At least skills train whether you're logged on or not, but then why would I spend hours and hours and hours grinding and salvaging missions or wormholes when I could spend 15$ and get 500 mil isk? But then, what's left to do? There's just pvp. )

k4el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grelik: That's why you just live in nullsec.

k4el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For any duders that Dave inspired to take a look at EVE here is a buddy trial link:

https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=ec484277-e092-4e9d-aae1-16f37d40c743&action=buddy

This link lets you create an account as a "buddy" key from my account. If you end up subbing it gives me a valuable item (look into "PLEX" if you want to know more). Which, being the space rich Duder I am I will share with you (this is a common courtesy with buddy accounts). For a new player its a huge amount of ISK.

Also feel free to post here if you guys have questions about the game.

radecau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been considering checking this out for a while, any tips on starting out?

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

There is a giantbomb channel with people in it, they are pretty newbie friendly. Join and say hi.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I would be interested in that :)

k4el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By k4el

@radecau: https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=ec484277-e092-4e9d-aae1-16f37d40c743&action=buddy

Here is a trial key.

My best advice, trust no one. Think critically and realize the game is a sandbox, make your own fun don't expect it to be fed to you.

Itwastuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am very intrigued by this game, and want to start, but I wanted to know...

What the hell do you do in this game?

Sorry, I bet this is the #1 vague question that everyone asks every EVE player ever.

squirrelwizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I resubbed after hearing the bombcast. I'm ready for a GB corp. I'll be joining the chat whenever I'm on.

radecau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By radecau

@k4el: I'd already signed up for a standard free trial, anyway to link that in if I choose to sub?

MannyCalavera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After hearing this weeks podcast, i really want to try the game, but from everything i read about it, it seems so difficult. Maybe i'll sign up for the trial through one of your links, but i'm too scared :x

peterh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been tempted to give the game a try in the past. This might be my way in. K4el, I just used your invite code. Lets see what this is all about.

k4el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RadecAU None that I know of but if you intend to subscribe the potential wealth is worth what ever you've earned during a trial so far.

k4el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peterh: If you sub PM me and I'll split the sub reward with you. I don't need it badly and I'm happy to help a new player.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Ravelle

I re-subbed as well and am also looking for a GB group to chill with in eve, is there a channel or guild I can join?

kinggiddra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been playing for a few weeks now - haven't joined a corp yet. I've mostly just been mining stuff, and leveling up my skills. Currently piloting a Retriever, and I think I'm going to work towards using an Orca.

I'm definitely up for a Giant Bomb Corp.

sirdesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By sirdesmond

Wow, I didn't see all the responses to my original post! I too am excited about the possibility of a Giant Bomb corp led in part by Dave. My in-game name is "Sir Desmond" if any new players want to chat (although I'm not an expert). Also, join the chat channel we've been having a lot of fun chatting it up in there!

mattjam3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

if you are interested in the PVP side of EVE. I am currently in TEST alliance, the largest 0.0 alliance in the game. We are famed for having new players in our alliance. We are not snobbish and picky like many alliances. We accept and LOVE new players. So if you want to experience 200 man fleets from day one, feel free to send me a pm. We have a free ship program so you never dont have something to come pvp with. We are all about having fun, something that alot of nullsec alliances do not understand.

thecreambun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I am so ready for a trip back into the Eve universe, and I think being a part of a GB corp would be an awesome way of doing that!

Now we only have to wait for @snide to make the corp or for some one else to do it for him:)

Avatar image for shadowbladeedge
    ShadowbladeEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We are all about having fun, something that alot of nullsec alliances do not understand.

Man could we at least keep the propaganda to garbage holes like EvE-O and Kugu.

Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Scotto

If we ever make the Giant Bomb corp, I've got a Mumble server we can use! We used to use it for the Giant Bomb Empire-side SWTOR guild (Kessler Run). I own it, so there's no issues.

elgibbons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By elgibbons

I've been wanting to play EVE for a pretty long time and hearing it mentioned on the GiantBombcast tipped me over the edge so I would be very interested in a GB Corp.

therealnelsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just wanted to throw my hat in - Gunnar Nelsk in the channel, as people have come to know me. 100% mining/hauling focused, looking forward to playing with you guys.

kinggiddra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By kinggiddra

@m3rphy said:

Just wanted to throw my hat in - Gunnar Nelsk in the channel, as people have come to know me. 100% mining/hauling focused, looking forward to playing with you guys.

You're slowly becoming our mining Czar. Keep at it!

datarez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By datarez

Since we've got a few miners going I'll open up my solo corp for the GB crew. It's just me in there so we'd be learning some corp stuff together but I have a nice area to mine and we can try to get some mining ops going if we're around each other. The corp name is Dasker Industrial.

therealnelsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m3rphy said:

You're slowly becoming our mining Czar. Keep at it!

I'm also looking to get deep into the market once I've got some capital to run with, and I realize we have a need for it as well. Totally willing to take on that role.

Avatar image for freakinoutanames
    Freakinoutanames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's really too bad that the tutorials are so brutal in the game, but once you get through them EVE is great. I still don't understand probes at all though.

Artimisticus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#35  Edited By Artimisticus

Downloading the patches now so I can re-subscribe. It's been years since I last played. I'd definitely join a GiantBomb corp, I just hope it's near Minmatar space. I'd hate to move everything

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.