Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

EVE Online

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released May 06, 2003

EVE Online is a loosely structured science fiction MMORPG published by CCP Games in which players take on the role of a spaceship pilot exploring a colonized galaxy.

EVE-Online : Factional Warfare Anyone?

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By VACkillers

Don't know if anyone is into this but me on the forums right now, but any of you signed up for FW? got any interesting tales of destruction you wish to share? I remember one instant where there was a mothership at by one of the Caldari bunkers that was just totally laying waste to everything we brought, it had some support ships and a couple carriers, and then all of a sudden the player must have logged, and we siezed out oportunity to take them down and we sure laid the smackattack! we went after the smaller Battleship sized ships first before we all focus-fired on the capitals, it was hell fun with awesome fireworks! lol...

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By OGCartman

I dont play EVE-Online, interested in hearing stories though

unclejohnny79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By unclejohnny79

I have to try EVE-Online sometime but i hear its slow paced

catterick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By catterick

I've barely logged in since Empyrean Age was released. Does sound quite interesting though all this factional warfare malarkey. Would love to hear more about it from anyone active.

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By VACkillers

Well at the moment im not quite active, but i've had plenty of experiences with it though, and i have to say its pretty damn awesome! for anyone who doesn't really know that much about EVE-Online, its not really for the faint hearted, and i really do mean that. You have to be pretty dedicated to the game as all training in the thousands of skills is an real time and the bigger better skills can take a couple of months to actually train in. One other thing to note, its very PvP orientated, probably more so then any other MMO you will likely play, there are pirates, griefers, theifs, wars, alliances, and assholes.... you name it EVE's got it and then some lol...

The factional warfare is a really interesting concept, basicly you have the 4 major factions, Caldari / Gallente / Minmatar / Amarr that have basicly broken the non agression peace treatys they had and are now all at war. You sign up for one of the so called "Militias" which is like a kind of military if you will for one of the for factions, where you'll meet up with other players to fight against your enemies! Minmatar vs Amarr / Gallente vs Caldari. I guess the main purpose or goals will be completely a set of objectives to gain standings, money, and plain FUN!!! you will also get Ranked up nicely the more you complete with these objectives.
    You can conquer systems for the major factions, there are certain ways you do this which i wont go into right now, aswell as some good missions, which will take you deep into enemie and pirate territorys, which might say tell you go destroy a certain bunker, but there might be enemies there defending it!! actual players that is, and this can get quite hectic lol, especially if ppl are gate camping with capital ships and your running around in a tiny frigate (o:}
    You'll notice that pretty much most of your time spent in factional warfare, you'll be going around in fleets with people, and is really the only way to go about factional warfare successfully, in the end, its all about fun, finding some folks to shoot at, and kill them with as much force as you can, PvP in eve can be hard to find at times, because the universe is just absolutely massive, you really wont know what i mean by that unless you've played it, and factional warfare definitely makes finding targets to shoot at a lot easier to find!

Ghil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Ghil

hmmm...I've cancelled my account a while ago but I'm hearing some pretty interesting things as of late...might be worth a shot again ;)

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By VACkillers

as you've played it before, you know how it works,  ambulation "should" or im definitely hoping, that its coming this december! the ability to being able to walk into stations!!! its going to be amazing!!! they'll be adding stuff the ambulation later like the ability to play side games like poker, and being able to gamble, owning your own clubs and bars! having your own alliance and corp headquaters someone in the stations where you and your fellow corp mates can site and discuss tactics ect.....

Hasn't been a better time to join EVE then this year in my opinion... been playing myself since 2005.

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8  Edited By OGCartman

Is it really that good?

Ghil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Ghil

oh yes it is ;) it is an aquired taste though, not everyone likes the unique gameplay it offers. As for me, I can't wait to be able to walk into stations :P

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By VACkillers

its a very tough universe, that does require some patience, its not a get up and shoot fast paced action.... its not mind numbing action... its very deep and very evolved lol.... but its so worth every minute you spend, and once you start getting into the bigger and more awesome ships... you'll absolutely love it..... This was my first MMO, never really looked back since....

EVE is not just a game, its a life style!

Snoopy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Snoopy

too slow for me cant get into it, and i dont like games that are "life-styles" you miss to much of your own

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.