Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fable II

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

An action-oriented role-playing game set 500 years after the original Fable, this sequel starts players out in the role of a street urchin destined for greatness.

Anyone else not bothered about playing through Fable 2 twice?

Schizoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Edited By Schizoid

I finished it a couple days ago and it was pretty fun, but I just don't want to play through it again. At all. I was a good character so there is the whole "You can totally go through and be a total prick to everyone this time around" aspect, but I really can't be bothered for some reason. Don't get me wrong, I did have loads of fun playing through it the first time but there were a couple niggles. The game was far, far too easy. I never had any trouble at any stage in the game and I never got killed/knocked over/what ever they call it once. Half way through the game hardly anything could touch me, trolls were just more of a minor nuisance than an enemy I would be afraid of and the banshees were a huge letdown, I was expecting it to be this ultra huge boss fight but I ended up killing it in 5 shots with my pistol. Which reminds me about the clothing, I was expecting there to be a ton of clothes seeing as they were flaunting the whole customization aspect of the game but in the end there were 2 outfits that didn't look completely ridiculous.

There's also the whole co-op thing going on, I was really disappointed with this. Me and my friends were all like "I'm going to come into your game, kill your wife blah blah blah" but none of us knew that we wouldn't be able to play as our hero. I don't want to play as some crappy merc-for-hire, I want my hero! The loading times were increased by a ton as well, to the point where I just want to play on my own because I'm tired of waiting for these loading screens all the time.

I think I'll be putting it up for sale later today, for some reason it just doesn't have the magic that the first one did. I have no idea why, maybe my standards have gone up a bit now that I'm older? Who knows. Does anyone else feel the same way?

Schizoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Schizoid

I finished it a couple days ago and it was pretty fun, but I just don't want to play through it again. At all. I was a good character so there is the whole "You can totally go through and be a total prick to everyone this time around" aspect, but I really can't be bothered for some reason. Don't get me wrong, I did have loads of fun playing through it the first time but there were a couple niggles. The game was far, far too easy. I never had any trouble at any stage in the game and I never got killed/knocked over/what ever they call it once. Half way through the game hardly anything could touch me, trolls were just more of a minor nuisance than an enemy I would be afraid of and the banshees were a huge letdown, I was expecting it to be this ultra huge boss fight but I ended up killing it in 5 shots with my pistol. Which reminds me about the clothing, I was expecting there to be a ton of clothes seeing as they were flaunting the whole customization aspect of the game but in the end there were 2 outfits that didn't look completely ridiculous.

There's also the whole co-op thing going on, I was really disappointed with this. Me and my friends were all like "I'm going to come into your game, kill your wife blah blah blah" but none of us knew that we wouldn't be able to play as our hero. I don't want to play as some crappy merc-for-hire, I want my hero! The loading times were increased by a ton as well, to the point where I just want to play on my own because I'm tired of waiting for these loading screens all the time.

I think I'll be putting it up for sale later today, for some reason it just doesn't have the magic that the first one did. I have no idea why, maybe my standards have gone up a bit now that I'm older? Who knows. Does anyone else feel the same way?

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kush

I actually started up a game directly after finishing it. I played as an extremely good guy through my first playthrough and now I'm an evil, lesbian biatch which I'm also enjoying. I don't think the game will have much appeal to me in a month, but I'm still enjoying it right now and I also don't get rid of games unless I really don't like them and can get a decent price. Though if a game is really awul (like the Jumper game) ...I'll actually buy a copy to own a piece of shitty history! :P

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By sweep  Moderator

I'm playing through it for the second time, but I really dont know if I can be bothered to go through all the side quests again. I just want to try out different sections of the game with different levels of purity and corruption. If I were to sell my copy it would only be so I could experiance Dead Space. It was a tough call to make between the two, but I had a lot of fun with Fable so i'm happy with my decision.

Avatar image for aversiontherapy
    AversionTherapy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By AversionTherapy
    suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By suneku

I just finished it a second time yesterday, I still found it fun but mainly because I was still waiting for Fallout 3 to arrive for me.

Potter9156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Potter9156

Completed my second play-through a couple days ago. Played a good character, using only strength and skill, and took my time, finishing every quest. Now I'm trying to get enough money too buy Fairfax Castle, Brightwood Tower and Giles farm. Still haven't maxed out my character. And I still haven't played a purely evil character.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rowr

i just finished it and thought it was absolutely brilliant. I just started a new game where i intend to play evil, though im not sure how long im going to go before im over it, my first playthrough was fairly complete, and there is just so much else out at the moment. Ill probably leave it for now and come back later for my second playthrough. As i did with Mass Effect. Twice.

dudacles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By dudacles

Yeah, I haven't played it, but the fact you can't take your own hero into somebody else's game really sucks imo

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.