Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fable II

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

An action-oriented role-playing game set 500 years after the original Fable, this sequel starts players out in the role of a street urchin destined for greatness.

Handbag anyone?

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I just heard this, and found it quite funny. On the official Lionhead forums allot of people have been complaining about the average co-op, and a lionhead employee with the username "Woody" Posted a pic of loads of handbags, and said "Handbag anyone?" This is the pic:

Handbag anyone?
    Handbag anyone?

This has inspired some very... passionate replies. One of my favorites is "is this a f****ng joke of you? are you trying to anger the fans even more?! YOU ****ING LIONHEAD ARE ONE PIECE OF STAB IN THE BACK I THINK I WONT EVEN BUY THE ****ING PIECE OF **** GAME 60 BUKS LESS FOR YOU MOTHER****ERS we trusted lionhead and they're testing us more and more and now they crossed the ****ing line and they can all die. i'm serieus im REALLY ****ING DISSAPOINTED."

Eventually a community manager cleared everything up saying "In all seriousness the co-op of the game is what we always said it was going to be. Maybe it's a bit like marmite, some people like it and others hate it but it does what it says on the tin (I know marmite doesn't come in tins but you get the point)."

Personally I agree with woody's sentiments, Everyone is just bitching about a co-op feature which they didn't have to include in the game in the first place. People should just accept what they've been given and be happy. At least they've got an excellent single player game even if the co-op isn't great.

What do you think about this comment? Was it justified? What do you think of the co-op in the game?

Oh, and here's the lionhead forum thread for anyone who want's to read more of the crazy bickering going on in there.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kush

I have yet to get my game (it's will be in my mailbox today), but I find that comment to be great (the handbag one). I think it's nice to see a company stand up for what they did and not just get all defeated and say "we're sorry, we'll try to patch in a fix for all you guys." Co-op might not be what everyone wanted, but I never expected any co-op until they announced it...and it also sounds like the orb system is the real "co-op" aspect of the game. It sounds very much like an MMO in that aspect.

webby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By webby

Its not out where I live until tommorow but im hoping to get it today. I would have prefered if I could use my character in co-op but oh well, the single player is where its at for me.

nickyvegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By nickyvegas

I think the co-op is kinda broke but that doesn't mean I don't love the game.  I tried it and I didn't really like it.  But it is just an extra.  Doesn't take away from the single player at all.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By daniel_beck_90

I still think you should play this game alone

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I'm also a bit disappointed in the co-op, but it can still be fun. Hop into a friends world and just hang out. I like being able to plug in a headset and see orbs walking around and talk to them. You don't even have to go to their worlds, you can just chat as orbs, which I think is pretty cool, because we can help each other out without the the 30 seconds of load times to go to their world just to help the guy with some small thing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.