Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fable II

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

An action-oriented role-playing game set 500 years after the original Fable, this sequel starts players out in the role of a street urchin destined for greatness.

Love ending *spoilers*

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By suneku

I was browsing on the Lionhead forums, and there was a topic about Rose's letter. People were saying that you only get the letter from the love ending which revives your family. I had forgotten to read it myself till I saw that topic. People have already been trying to look for her but no one's found her yet, so possible DLC? Also there's speculation that the man in the letter was Scythe. It's pretty interesting seeing as you can only get this with the love ending. Definitely looks like a set up for DLC.

Did anyone figure this out already? Any speculations?

TomboDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By TomboDemon

Why would they look for her?
    From what i can gather she is still dead, and the letter and the information in it and at the end of the game was all related to her being in the afterlife

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Pibo47

You stole the words outa my mouth lol.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By suneku

But if she is still dead then why would you only get the letter from the love ending, which revives your family.

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Babble

Either way, the letter states that one day they will be together again. Sounds pretty dead if you ask me.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By suneku

dunno... that sounds like it can be interpreted more then just death.

Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Death_Burnout

yeah i interpreted it more than death, since thats what you gett back, family, so whatever.

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Babble

When they say family, I think they mean anyone you married, I think if you had married someone Lucien kills them, or so I heard. I did not have a wife before I finished the game. That's what is meant by bringing back your family.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By keyhunter

The ending was pretty stupid.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By suneku

Again, you're ignoring the fact that you only get that letter from the love ending.

Not to mention, Theresa says "you'll bring back all those you hold dear, you're dog, and family" I'm pretty sure your sister is your family too, she doesn't just say wife and child.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By keyhunter

Either way this leads to DLC which I won't buy because I was sold an incomplete game.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12  Edited By kush

I don't even know about this letter since I ended up picking sacrifice...I plan to choose love with my evil lesbian though.

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Babble

I'm not ignoring that fact. What I am saying is that if part of the result of the love ending is you're sister being brought back to life, then logically they would also tell you where to find her, and/or have her there when you finish the game and get you're dog back. It doesn't seem like something they would mention in the love ending and then withhold to release in DLC.

I have no explanation where/how the letter gets to you obviously. One could speculate that after being "shot" and going into the Perfect World you were halfway between life and death, thus you were given able to receive a letter. That I can't answer.

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Tarsier said:
    "
    I was a bit disappointed with the ending. A bit too short. Kind of weird too how the dog getting shot in the face was supposed to be epic and sad but then they just quickly went on to the next scene like it never even happened.
    The "A Perfect World" part was pretty friggin creepy too.
    "
    I agree. Dog was just sort of pushed aside. As well as there wasn't an epic fight, you just played with a box and pushed him over.

And when I was in the "Perfect World," everyone was pretty creeped out.

suneku said:
    "Again, you're ignoring the fact that you only get that letter from the love ending.

Not to mention, Theresa says "you'll bring back all those you hold dear, you're dog, and family" I'm pretty sure your sister is your family too, she doesn't just say wife and child."
    Yeah, I think it was a subtle hint that she was still alive.
    MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By MKHavoc
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell said:
    "Tarsier said:
    "
    I was a bit disappointed with the ending. A bit too short. Kind of weird too how the dog getting shot in the face was supposed to be epic and sad but then they just quickly went on to the next scene like it never even happened.
    The "A Perfect World" part was pretty friggin creepy too.
    "
    I agree. Dog was just sort of pushed aside. As well as there wasn't an epic fight, you just played with a box and pushed him over.

And when I was in the "Perfect World," everyone was pretty creeped out.

suneku said:
    "Again, you're ignoring the fact that you only get that letter from the love ending.

Not to mention, Theresa says "you'll bring back all those you hold dear, you're dog, and family" I'm pretty sure your sister is your family too, she doesn't just say wife and child."
    Yeah, I think it was a subtle hint that she was still alive."
    I didn't even get to do that.  I stood there listening to him and Reaver shot him.  Anyway I chose sacrifice so I'm not sure about Rose.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.