Get Your Poodle On With Fable III's Dog Breeds DLC

• 80 results
Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -

In a recent blog post titled "New Dog Breeds out now," Lionhead Studios announced that... new dog breeds are out now for Fable III.  

To get just a tad more specific, three new dog skins have been introduced to the game via DLC. For the mere price of 240 Microsoft Points, you can morph your unimpressive mutt into a Doberman Pincher, a Poodle, or a German Shepherd. 

Oh, and there's a "FREE" Santa hat available as well via download. Get your first look at all these fascinating additions just below.

#1 Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -

In a recent blog post titled "New Dog Breeds out now," Lionhead Studios announced that... new dog breeds are out now for Fable III.  

To get just a tad more specific, three new dog skins have been introduced to the game via DLC. For the mere price of 240 Microsoft Points, you can morph your unimpressive mutt into a Doberman Pincher, a Poodle, or a German Shepherd. 

Oh, and there's a "FREE" Santa hat available as well via download. Get your first look at all these fascinating additions just below.

#2 Edited by Sammo21 (3211 posts) -

Congratulations anyone who bought these: You are a sucker. 

Edit:  Holy crap, I finally got the quest...I'd like to thank Peter and his balls....

#3 Posted by Getz (2989 posts) -

stuff like this should be free.

#4 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -

This should come with a free punch in the balls to teach you a lesson.

#5 Posted by essi2 (141 posts) -

Hmm, stuff like this should really be free.... but having a Shepard would be kinda cool.

#6 Posted by Hailinel (23901 posts) -

This is about on the same level as horse armor.

#7 Posted by RaceKickfist (218 posts) -

ughhhhhhhhh lionhead, you are not making the job of "fable apologeticist" very easy.

#8 Posted by Getz (2989 posts) -

How much time you think they had their artist work on these? Three hours? Two? 

C'mon Lionhead...

#9 Posted by Ghostiet (5224 posts) -
@Hailinel said:
" This is about on the same level as horse armor. "

#10 Posted by SonicFire (821 posts) -

Wow...Fable...you're taking every opportunity to redeem yourself and flushing it...
#11 Posted by buft (3301 posts) -

Fable 3 was good but the DLC kinda sucks, lionhead is going all out to micro transaction the shit out of its customers and the in game advertising for it is fucking annoying, "there seems to be new items in the shop sir"...

#12 Posted by Zeemod (303 posts) -

Just what the game needed to redeem itself, good call Lionhead!

#13 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7613 posts) -
@Hailinel said:
No, because it's no where near as expensive. 

I actually liked Fable 3, but the way they've handled the DLC is really, really bad.  The game has problems that needed to be ironed out and fixed, instead they've been focusing on this crappy microtransactions that add nothing to the game.
#14 Posted by OtakuGamer (1224 posts) -

Where's the good DLC Lionhead? More quests and Places to explore, nope..just freaking skins for a dog.

#15 Posted by Catarrhal (820 posts) -

All this talk of horse armor--screw that, how 'bout some dog armor?

#16 Posted by Skald (4367 posts) -

I bet they could make even more money if they sold something that wasn't complete crap.

#17 Posted by sixpin (1286 posts) -

As much as I feel like the cosmetic dog re-skins are a bad thing... I kinda want my Fable 3 dog to look like my actual dog. I have a German Shepherd. Sigh...

#18 Posted by Doctorchimp (4069 posts) -

No rottweiler dog?? 

Fable 3 truly is garbage.

#19 Posted by Landon (4130 posts) -

Here is you some more stuff that should have already been in the game.

#20 Posted by MeatSim (10765 posts) -

No Basset Hounds? get out of here Fable 3.

#21 Posted by JackSukeru (5903 posts) -

There's already a Boxer in the game isn't there? Then why would you need anything else?

#22 Posted by TheCheese33 (347 posts) -

No miniature schnauzer?

#23 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2485 posts) -

Cause that's what's wrong with this game, not enough dog types.

#24 Posted by Sammo21 (3211 posts) -
@Hailinel: Horse armor that is supposed to help you attack enemies but looks like a moron holding its tongue out.
#25 Posted by Sammo21 (3211 posts) -
@extremeradical: Well, are we talking about Fable 3 or the DLC now...cause that could go for either.
#26 Posted by tourgen (4427 posts) -

HAHAHAHAH

#27 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6986 posts) -

Yeah, focus on the dog rather than fixing that latter half of the game.

#28 Edited by FritzDude (2253 posts) -

Stop releasing micro's and release a proper DLC with new quests and items, where these dog potions will be included. It's hard to keep track on the DLC's in the longrun, it's too expensive, and did i mention: IT'S TOO FUCKING EXPENSIVE!

#29 Posted by KillerBears (248 posts) -

The most impressive thing since horse armor

#30 Posted by umdesch4 (772 posts) -

Next DLC will have sharks for you to jump.

#31 Posted by Koobz (364 posts) -

They need to Old Yeller this mofo now.  Pretend it never happened and make Fable 4 a game that isn't made of 60% suck.  For what it's worth I used to be a total Fable fanboy until this game, but ugh.  And then they're putting salt in the wound with this shitty  DLC.

#32 Edited by NMC2008 (1231 posts) -

Why do people complain about DLC? What is someone who bought Fable 3 was like "I like the dog but I wish I had a poodle instead", are those people idiots for wanting a poodle? Are Lionhead stupid for supplying the Poodle? What is the problem? You don't have to buy it so why complain about it? Oh wait, I know why, because gamers(people in general)like to bitch about any and everything they can, like it keeps them alive or some shit. 

smfh

#33 Posted by fox01313 (5061 posts) -
@FritzDude:
Agreed, I loved how they did the DLC in Fable2 & it made a lot of sense. Then again that game also made a lot of sense plus Chesty was creepy & mean where as in Fable3 kind of a pushover.
#34 Posted by snetErz (120 posts) -
@NMC2008: But aren't you just bitching at the bitchers who bitch at the bitches in this canine conundrum?
#35 Posted by NMC2008 (1231 posts) -
@snetErz:  
*sigh* 
Yeah............ I am. :(
#36 Posted by Faint (833 posts) -

so this is a game made for kids.... right?

#37 Posted by John1912 (1830 posts) -

Yea, Peter is now on my shit list.  I once thought of him and Lionhead as a great company.  Now they plain suck, and he is a over promising babbling moron.

#38 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

lol

#39 Posted by jim_dandy (891 posts) -

Too bad the dog was fucking useless.

HEY THERE'S SOME TREASURE BURIED HERE, BUT I'LL JUST BE STUCK ON THIS STALACTITE AND KEEP BARKING, OKAY

I fucking hated that dog and cursed Peter Molyneux and it's little dog face every time it glitched out. (which was always)

#40 Posted by 2HeadedNinja (1544 posts) -

dog skins? ... for money? ... seriously?

#41 Edited by WrathOfBanja (352 posts) -
@Hailinel said:

At least horse armor had an actual effect on the game... Dog skins seem to be completely cosmedic. 

That, and I'd much rather give my money to Bethesda over Petey Molyneux...
#42 Posted by Rampage (56 posts) -

Sigh.
#43 Posted by Paulrus (244 posts) -

Poodle bites. Poodle chews it.

#44 Posted by metal_mad (25 posts) -

is this the new horse armour controversy 

#45 Posted by Gamer_152 (14051 posts) -

Dog skins DLC? Come on Lionhead, you're better than this.

#46 Posted by Hansolol (369 posts) -

Fable 3 is garbage.

#47 Posted by UItros (20 posts) -

Why did I expect something good?

#48 Posted by Gunner612 (4338 posts) -

This DLC better be included with the PC version when it comes out...

#49 Posted by guthwulf (251 posts) -

What a waste of money. Why don't they offer a decent game as DLC instead.

#50 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -

Fuck yeah can't wait!!! 

/sarcasm =\

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.