Make Your Own Chicken Chasing Villager In Fable III

Posted by MattBodega (1907 posts) -

Thanks to Microsoft and Lionhead, I will finally have the opportunity to fart on myself.

How did we, as a society, reach this newest technological height? It's all thanks to Microsoft and Lionhead newest preorder incentive, the Fable III Villager Maker, allowing game players to craft a unique-ish villager and bring that sod into your digital kingdom when Fable III is properly released on October 26.

Here's how it goes down: right now, if you've got a computer (and that dang Silverlight add-on... I feel like I've installed that thing 20 times this year), you can go to the Fable III Villager Maker, which is being run through the Microsoft Xbox site. Here, you can design your design your villager, selecting their gender, clothing, accent, personality, hair style, region of origin, and back story.  

Once you've made your villager, you can than proceed not to do anything meaningful with them. The game's not out for another three months anyway. You can export your villager and make it your desktop wallpaper. If that's your thing.

Oh, and you can share your villager with your friends on Facebook and Twitter. 

Don't tweet your Fable III villager. Don't be that guy.

If you were actually interested in utilizing your villager in your personal version of Albion, you're gonna have to buy in, and gold don't cut it: if you preorder the game, you will receive the code that lets you import your villager into Fable III. Your imported villager unlocks a unique quest and a 1,000 gold reward for your trouble, which doesn't seem that much compared to my real estate empire I amassed in Fable II

But, for the record: you can fart on yourself. A preorder at one of a very select list of retailers is a small price to pay.
#1 Posted by MattBodega (1907 posts) -

Thanks to Microsoft and Lionhead, I will finally have the opportunity to fart on myself.

How did we, as a society, reach this newest technological height? It's all thanks to Microsoft and Lionhead newest preorder incentive, the Fable III Villager Maker, allowing game players to craft a unique-ish villager and bring that sod into your digital kingdom when Fable III is properly released on October 26.

Here's how it goes down: right now, if you've got a computer (and that dang Silverlight add-on... I feel like I've installed that thing 20 times this year), you can go to the Fable III Villager Maker, which is being run through the Microsoft Xbox site. Here, you can design your design your villager, selecting their gender, clothing, accent, personality, hair style, region of origin, and back story.  

Once you've made your villager, you can than proceed not to do anything meaningful with them. The game's not out for another three months anyway. You can export your villager and make it your desktop wallpaper. If that's your thing.

Oh, and you can share your villager with your friends on Facebook and Twitter. 

Don't tweet your Fable III villager. Don't be that guy.

If you were actually interested in utilizing your villager in your personal version of Albion, you're gonna have to buy in, and gold don't cut it: if you preorder the game, you will receive the code that lets you import your villager into Fable III. Your imported villager unlocks a unique quest and a 1,000 gold reward for your trouble, which doesn't seem that much compared to my real estate empire I amassed in Fable II

But, for the record: you can fart on yourself. A preorder at one of a very select list of retailers is a small price to pay.
#2 Posted by Dejkrigeren (384 posts) -

I love chasing chickens

#3 Posted by zolloz89 (254 posts) -

a strange gimmick for sure

#4 Posted by Dustpan (1694 posts) -

Magnificent.

#5 Posted by Jayzilla (2571 posts) -

that's kinda dumb. not really a fan of this series and i was hoping that the game would be a little more deep like peter led us to believe.

#6 Posted by Xichro (11 posts) -

It's that chicken chaser. Do you chase chickens? 
Best. Line. Ever.

#7 Posted by ViciousAnchovy (787 posts) -

If you can make out with  your villager you can live out the Robot Chicken line of, "It's not gay; It's masturbation."

#8 Posted by OmegaChosen (646 posts) -

I never finished Fable II. Got kind of sidetracked half way through with other games and eventually sent it back to Gamefly in order to keep myself from succumbing to the monthly money drain it would eventually become. Not sure if I want to go back and finish really but I leave so many other games halfway done maybe I should...Anyway, I might get Fable III.

#9 Posted by JoeMarsden (304 posts) -

Excellent. A way to humiliate and destroy my most hated people.

#10 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4867 posts) -

That`s great. I do wonder if we could make the chicken chaser  Onomatopoeic.

#11 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -
@Xichro said:
" It's that chicken chaser. Do you chase chickens? Best. Line. Ever. "
I agree. 
But this all seems like a bit of a pointless gimmick
#12 Posted by JerkFace (119 posts) -

Can you make one that doesn't look like a retarded person?

Oh, wait, it's a Fable game.  So clearly not!  :D

#13 Posted by SmAsH (234 posts) -

Mmmmm Chicken!

#14 Posted by SlayingShogun (257 posts) -

farting commence!

#15 Posted by Robitt (351 posts) -

Self-fart technology! This is exciting! Tested.com should write up something on this.

#16 Posted by ajamafalous (12129 posts) -

Oh wow, Fable 3 is out in only three months? I feel like we know next to nothing about the game yet.

#17 Posted by Sammo21 (3437 posts) -

See, this is a problem for me.  Heck, I love British comedies and I cannot for the life of me get into any Fable game; it's almost as if some small 8 year old child who was shown LoTR for the first time while with his immature, gassy friends were with him was handed the reigns of the game's development.

#18 Posted by Frostmane (56 posts) -

Because what we need is more things to integrate with facebook and twitter.

#19 Posted by buckybit (1455 posts) -

Matt Kessler - my comment for you was brought this week by Best Buy - enjoy it. :)

#20 Posted by SMTDante89 (2613 posts) -

Yay...more Twitter stuff.
#21 Posted by Guyzea (816 posts) -

Ridiculous.

#22 Posted by NinjaHeartless (23 posts) -

Sounds pretty awesome :D

#23 Posted by ethan (776 posts) -

Way to go intern.  You know what Im talking about.

#24 Posted by simpledespot (55 posts) -

Sounds just a bit contrived.

#25 Posted by Llama (180 posts) -

I'd like a cat instead this time

#26 Posted by DAXTER112 (5 posts) -

This will just lead to me making a bunch of people I know populate the Fable III world, and who wants that?
#27 Posted by S0ndor (2716 posts) -

farts

#28 Posted by mustachioeugene (520 posts) -

still waiting for this series to really entice me.

#29 Posted by Judoka (56 posts) -

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOk.

#30 Posted by Zachariahus (131 posts) -

I'm loving Kessler's twitter feed in that screenshot. lol. But to be more on topic.  

Uhh... What is this I don't even... 
 The best part is that you can download it as a wallpaper. Priceless.

#31 Posted by Castiel (2704 posts) -

ARGFGShG Shitcock!

#32 Posted by Qdor (70 posts) -

Absolutely ridiculous. Heck yeah i'll do it.

#33 Posted by punchkick (26 posts) -

I want to make a villager chasing chicken.

#34 Posted by triple07 (1198 posts) -

Sweet gonna try this out. Can't wait to get my hands on Fable 3!

#35 Posted by Sirtoastman (2 posts) -

Seems interesting.

#36 Posted by KingdomKey (20 posts) -

That's another bullet point in my "Why I dont like Fable Anymore" blog.lol. I know the series is suppose to be light-hearted but most of it is just childish. Isnt Fable 3 suppose to be more "dark" and "mature" in tone?

#37 Posted by MeatSim (10926 posts) -

Interesting but still a hoke pre-order incentive.

#38 Posted by fedorajay (405 posts) -

Give your cat your own name and you can fart on yourself anytime you want.

#39 Posted by Slax (961 posts) -

I enjoyed playing Fable II but once again it seemed like Lionhead made more promises that it couldn't follow through on. But making your own villager seems kind of gimmicky, and not really important in any way. I'd rather make my own awesome weapon.

#40 Posted by TheChaos (1158 posts) -

What an amazing idea. 
This is truly the year of technological advancement.

#41 Posted by Armando (3 posts) -

good to many of the villagers looked alike

#42 Posted by Xymox (2111 posts) -

I was interested until I saw the part about only being able to utilize the villager if you preorder. Still, probably won't stop me from making one anyway. Hu.

#43 Posted by AzHP (156 posts) -

I still don't understand why Twitter is popular.  Facebook is far more fully featured..

#44 Posted by SashaNYI (30 posts) -

Been Fable II like a madman lately.....getting in the mood.

#45 Posted by Feanor (1389 posts) -

Chicken Chaser 

#46 Posted by AleksO (89 posts) -

Im still looking forward to Fable 3 

#47 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -
@ajamafalous said:
" Oh wow, Fable 3 is out in only three months? I feel like we know next to nothing about the game yet. "
Same feeling here.
#48 Posted by Vegetto (9 posts) -

3 months?  This is not the way to hype us up for Fable III.  I know Molyneux has some other extravagant ideas he could have given us instead.

#49 Posted by KingdomKey (20 posts) -
@AzHP said:
" I still don't understand why Twitter is popular.  Facebook is far more fully featured.. "
Thats been my question for ages.But hey, the internet is an interesting place. An interesting place indeed....
#50 Posted by WalkerD (463 posts) -

How does one fart on themselves?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.