Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

About to start Fallout 3 - Should I get DLC?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a546a73b99d1
    deactivated-5a546a73b99d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello! I apologise in advance if this has already been asked but I couldn't find it in these forums. 

I just got Fallout 3... and with all the DLC and reading about the improved gear and perks some offer, should I get the DLC early on in the game so I can get a boost in items from them? Like that crazy armor from Anchorage I read so much about. 

If so, how early on should I get them? Which DLC will work before I beat the game and what level should I be? 

Thanks !

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

If you plan on playing the game for a very long time, like doing all the side stuff, then it's probably worth picking up the DLC for Fallout 3.  I haven't played the game myself so I'm just suggesting on what I have heard about it.

Avatar image for equal_opportunity_destroyer497
    Equal_Opportunity_Destroyer497

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I would suggest getting Broken Steel when you reach level 20, then finish up what's on the disc. Then get Point Lookout, finish that and if you still want more, take your pick of whats left. The gear that the other DLC provides is nice but only Point Lookout and Broken Steel were worth it IMO.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mike

It's too bad you just got Fallout 3, the Game of the Year edition or whatever is coming out in October and includes all previously released DLC packs on the disc.

TheGr3mliin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheGr3mliin

I liked all of it

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By Undeadpool

Grab up Broken Steel so your game doesn't just END, and if you're feeling adventurous snap up Point Lookout. The other three are definitely worth it if you wind up loving the game, if not, don't bother (I did love the game and was very happy with the DLC)

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By jakob187

October 13th = Fallout 3 GOTY Edition, which includes all the DLC packs + the base game for $60.  =  /  Sorry, man.  However, if you buy all of the DLC right now, you can get a free premium theme for Fallout 3 on your 360...if that's the console you are playing it on.  Gotta say, if you are going to buy the DLC anyways, no better time than the present.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a546a73b99d1
    deactivated-5a546a73b99d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the advice! I guess I'll get the Broken Steel DLC when I near lv20.

I'm actually borrowing the game from a friend, otherwise I would have gotten the GOTY.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.