Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

Broken Steel - does it NEED the other DLC's to work?...

GaZZuM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By GaZZuM

I recall Brian Davis twittering something along the lines of: He was going to play some Broken Steel at the office but didn't have the other DLC packs on the office Xbox (or a problem to that effect).

I was just wondering if anyone could confirm this is true, as BS seems like the only Fallout 3 DLC that interests me, and having to get The Pitt and Anchorage would suck anus.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By NickL

Ryan Davis, and his twitter says you need the DLC installed to use the items you got from the areas in that DLC, other than that, i dont know if you need them

GaZZuM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3  Edited By GaZZuM

Wow, I totally put Brian Davis... 5am is not a great time for me. I'm considering getting all 3 at once, so that when I'm doing The Pitt and O:A, because I've got Broken Steel installed I'll still be working my way up towards level 30.

Actually, upon further inspection I can only afford the one right now, so it's gonna have to be Broken Steel methinks :/

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

No you dont need the other DLC the other DLC are added areas, Broken steel augments the main game.

Avatar image for pissedoffthewitch
    pissedoffthewitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By pissedoffthewitch

lol ?....

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By RHCPfan24

Hehe Brian Davis. That actually sounds like a badass name. Ryan should name his child that, or something like "Shaquan." Anyway, yeah, you don't need the other DLC for Broken Steel to work. That only applies to using another 360 without any DLC installed and you can't use the weapons from that specific pack, like the Auto Axe.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7  Edited By CenturionCajun

Yes, I think what he meant was that he was taking his save file from one 360 that did have the DLC to one that didn't. Thus he would not be able to go anywhere or use anything which came from DLC.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.