Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

Learning to Love the Bomb: My Trip Around the Wastes...#1

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
    gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

Edited By gingertastic_10
    No Caption Provided

Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers

I WILL ruin Fallout 3 for you. If you haven't played the game, please turn away. If you have played the game or don't care about spoilers, then please continue. Also spoilers will be said without warning, let this be the first and only warning.

Intro

Alright, first off by wastes I mean The Capital Wasteland of Fallout 3, as you can tell from the awesome banner. I ordered the special edition Fallout 3 from Amazon last week and it came in I think.... Wednesday? can't remember. Anyway, this isn't my first time with Fallout 3, I have played it twice before. The first time I just did the story, very little side stuff or exploring, next time I played it I did every side quest and spent over 100hrs on it. So I figured hey, why not share my third play though with the people of Giant Bomb? So as my Government teacher would say, "Sit back, relax, open up a can of Diet Cola with crinkly ice" and enjoy.

Character

Lets first start off by letting you know my character. I created myself because I'm full of myself. Though my character is really skinny and well I'm not, but my character is a full blown ginger. That's right, the first ever ginger hero. Below will by my stats, from SPECIALS to Perks.

SPECIALS

Strength- 6
    Perception- 5
    Endurance- 5
    Charisma- 8
    Intelligence- 7
    Agility- 5
    Luck- 5

High Skills

I usually max out my medicine first, but I'm trying to use new tactics this time around. I've never had Repair or Small Guns that high.

Small Guns- 65
    Speech- 57
    Medicine- 55
    Repair- 40
    Lockpick- 40

Perks

Bloody Mess- EXPLODE!!!!! 5% More Damage on all weapons
    Commando- Two handed weapons used in V.A.T.S' accuracy is greatly increased.
    Education- Three more skill points every time you advance in level
    Intense Training- Add a point to Special
    Rad Regeneration- Heals crippled body parts
    Scoundrel- Greater ability to influence people. +5 to Speech and Barter
    Swift Learner- Gain 10% more XP whenever earned
    Toughness- +10% damage resistance up to 85%

Character Specialties

Level- 8
    XP: 5454/5800
    Current gun using/favorite- Combat Shotgun
    Apparel: I'm a man and I don't wear armor, I'm wearing a nice white Tux with goggles.  
    Karma- Protector (Good)  
    Protector

Adventures

Quests

It wouldn't be Fallout 3 without the wide open world. I was planing on doing this on Tuesday, but I have done so much I figured to just go ahead and do this now. The game starts you out in Vault 101, it's where you're born and learn basic things like how to use V.A.T.S and
    No Caption Provided
    such. From the very beginning I played as a good character, I just can't play as a bad one. One of the first missions you can do is help Butch with his mom getting attacked by radroaches, of course I helped and gained Butches awesome Tunnel Snakes jacket. Before leaving you have to talk to the Overseer, you can either murder him-Evil or you can talk it out-Good. I talked it out to get the good Karma. I'm not really a big fan of the Vault stuff in the game, it doesn't seem to work well. When you leave the Vault you will level up. I suggest you put a good amount into you're explosions skill. This will help greatly when you get to Megaton, Megaton is the first major town you will run into. It's built around a bomb. The bomb is where the explosions skill comes in. One of the side missions in the game "Power of the Atom" is located in Megaton. A 25 or higher explosion skill will allow you to defuse the bomb and make the place safe. I suggest
    No Caption Provided
    you do this first, it give you a home which is very useful. The second mission I would do, is the Galaxy News Radio one. In the story quest it takes you to GNR ( Galaxy News Radio), there you will meet Three Dog. He will give you info on your dad, but also give you the quest Galaxy News Radio. This mission I think is pretty important. See I really like listening to the radio in the game. When you exist the Vault, in the GNR spot you will hear mostly static. In Galaxy News Radio quest you will fix a dish that will spread GNR across the Wastes. Now I did it because I like the radio, you don't have to do it. I also did my favorite quest "Blood Ties". This deals with cannibalism, in the town of Arefu you will find the West family dead, blood drained and their son missing. This will force you to go find them, when you do you will meet with Vance. Vance is the
    No Caption Provided
    leader of the Family. Ian (the West's son) is there because he can't control his hunger for flesh. All you have to do is some good speech and show him the letter from his sister Lucy. That will make him come home. Now don't kill the Family. This will not please the Arefu people. But if you do you get some awesome gear.

Other Adventures

For the most part I haven't done much wandering. Which is terrible! For some reason I told myself I had to do those quests listed above, first. I've tried to stay south on the map to stay away from the really tough enemies for now. I'm only a level 8 so I'm not that high up there. Next blog I'll try to fill this one up more then the Quests part. I need to start wandering! 

Conclusion

Well there's the end of this one. Sorry if this isn't perfect, it's just the first one. I'll try to do one next week maybe. I've found out if you wait too tong then you have to write to much. So part 1 is in the bag. Please give input, this blog could be better. 

Total time of play:

8hrs

Vault Boy thanks you for reading

gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By gingertastic_10
    No Caption Provided

Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers

I WILL ruin Fallout 3 for you. If you haven't played the game, please turn away. If you have played the game or don't care about spoilers, then please continue. Also spoilers will be said without warning, let this be the first and only warning.

Intro

Alright, first off by wastes I mean The Capital Wasteland of Fallout 3, as you can tell from the awesome banner. I ordered the special edition Fallout 3 from Amazon last week and it came in I think.... Wednesday? can't remember. Anyway, this isn't my first time with Fallout 3, I have played it twice before. The first time I just did the story, very little side stuff or exploring, next time I played it I did every side quest and spent over 100hrs on it. So I figured hey, why not share my third play though with the people of Giant Bomb? So as my Government teacher would say, "Sit back, relax, open up a can of Diet Cola with crinkly ice" and enjoy.

Character

Lets first start off by letting you know my character. I created myself because I'm full of myself. Though my character is really skinny and well I'm not, but my character is a full blown ginger. That's right, the first ever ginger hero. Below will by my stats, from SPECIALS to Perks.

SPECIALS

Strength- 6
    Perception- 5
    Endurance- 5
    Charisma- 8
    Intelligence- 7
    Agility- 5
    Luck- 5

High Skills

I usually max out my medicine first, but I'm trying to use new tactics this time around. I've never had Repair or Small Guns that high.

Small Guns- 65
    Speech- 57
    Medicine- 55
    Repair- 40
    Lockpick- 40

Perks

Bloody Mess- EXPLODE!!!!! 5% More Damage on all weapons
    Commando- Two handed weapons used in V.A.T.S' accuracy is greatly increased.
    Education- Three more skill points every time you advance in level
    Intense Training- Add a point to Special
    Rad Regeneration- Heals crippled body parts
    Scoundrel- Greater ability to influence people. +5 to Speech and Barter
    Swift Learner- Gain 10% more XP whenever earned
    Toughness- +10% damage resistance up to 85%

Character Specialties

Level- 8
    XP: 5454/5800
    Current gun using/favorite- Combat Shotgun
    Apparel: I'm a man and I don't wear armor, I'm wearing a nice white Tux with goggles.  
    Karma- Protector (Good)  
    Protector

Adventures

Quests

It wouldn't be Fallout 3 without the wide open world. I was planing on doing this on Tuesday, but I have done so much I figured to just go ahead and do this now. The game starts you out in Vault 101, it's where you're born and learn basic things like how to use V.A.T.S and
    No Caption Provided
    such. From the very beginning I played as a good character, I just can't play as a bad one. One of the first missions you can do is help Butch with his mom getting attacked by radroaches, of course I helped and gained Butches awesome Tunnel Snakes jacket. Before leaving you have to talk to the Overseer, you can either murder him-Evil or you can talk it out-Good. I talked it out to get the good Karma. I'm not really a big fan of the Vault stuff in the game, it doesn't seem to work well. When you leave the Vault you will level up. I suggest you put a good amount into you're explosions skill. This will help greatly when you get to Megaton, Megaton is the first major town you will run into. It's built around a bomb. The bomb is where the explosions skill comes in. One of the side missions in the game "Power of the Atom" is located in Megaton. A 25 or higher explosion skill will allow you to defuse the bomb and make the place safe. I suggest
    No Caption Provided
    you do this first, it give you a home which is very useful. The second mission I would do, is the Galaxy News Radio one. In the story quest it takes you to GNR ( Galaxy News Radio), there you will meet Three Dog. He will give you info on your dad, but also give you the quest Galaxy News Radio. This mission I think is pretty important. See I really like listening to the radio in the game. When you exist the Vault, in the GNR spot you will hear mostly static. In Galaxy News Radio quest you will fix a dish that will spread GNR across the Wastes. Now I did it because I like the radio, you don't have to do it. I also did my favorite quest "Blood Ties". This deals with cannibalism, in the town of Arefu you will find the West family dead, blood drained and their son missing. This will force you to go find them, when you do you will meet with Vance. Vance is the
    No Caption Provided
    leader of the Family. Ian (the West's son) is there because he can't control his hunger for flesh. All you have to do is some good speech and show him the letter from his sister Lucy. That will make him come home. Now don't kill the Family. This will not please the Arefu people. But if you do you get some awesome gear.

Other Adventures

For the most part I haven't done much wandering. Which is terrible! For some reason I told myself I had to do those quests listed above, first. I've tried to stay south on the map to stay away from the really tough enemies for now. I'm only a level 8 so I'm not that high up there. Next blog I'll try to fill this one up more then the Quests part. I need to start wandering! 

Conclusion

Well there's the end of this one. Sorry if this isn't perfect, it's just the first one. I'll try to do one next week maybe. I've found out if you wait too tong then you have to write to much. So part 1 is in the bag. Please give input, this blog could be better. 

Total time of play:

8hrs

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By breadfan

Fallout 3 is awesome! 

You should spend some time just wandering around the wastes, you never know what you will stumble upon. 

gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By gingertastic_10
    @Br3adfan: Good example of that, Andale. And that trailer was awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.