Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

That's it! I'm throwing in the towel.

• 98 results
    AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By AlwaysAngry
    @NickL said:
    " @AlwaysAngry said:
    " @NickL said:
    " @AlwaysAngry said:
    " But, that's just my opinion. "
    personally, i never once ran out of ammo and i think i only had to reload from death once... maybe twice aim for the head maybe? if you have to shoot more than a mag into each enemy then you did something horribly wrong at some point "
    You have to get sooooooo close before you even have a chance of hitting them in the head. "
    even if you do have to get close... the fact that you kill them in 2 shots from headshots is worth it....  (btw if you have to get really close to headshot, im not saying your playing WRONG, but your definitely not playing RIGHT, the first thing you should level up in this game is one of the ranged weapon skills) "
    Nope, about 10-15 bullets with the AR and around 5 with the hunting rifle.
    RedneckedCrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By RedneckedCrake

Wow...this is like the third game I've heard you whine about dude. I don't know if you're trying to live up to your name or actually being serious, but all the games you've had problems with so far (including this one) were pretty easy to me. Fallout's really not that hard, just make sure to have multiple guns with ammo for each and plenty of stimpacks, purified water, and some good armor on and you're good to go. Maybe if you thought ahead and resupplied between missions, you wouldn't be having so much trouble with this one. It's happened to me before and it's easy to fix.

RoloYoghurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By RoloYoghurt

Get your science skill up and repair the Nuke in Megaton. They give you a house and then you can fast walk when you have killed the enemy's in that area.  

I don't understand why you're giving the game up at "Blood Ties" when there is a whole lot more to the game....

RedneckedCrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By RedneckedCrake
    @RoloYoghurt said:
    " Get your science skill up and repair the Nuke in Megaton. They give you a house and then you can fast walk when you have killed the enemy's in that area.   I don't understand why you're giving the game up at "Blood Ties" when there is a whole lot more to the game.... "
    OR you can just blow that shithole up, get a lot more caps AND a better place in Tenpenny Tower. That's the way to go in my book.
    achoyq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By achoyq
    @Swaboo said:
    " run close to enemy, open VATS, unload clip in enemy's head. "
    Indeed...It makes the game a lot easier. Oh and always rack up your gun stats.
    AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By AlwaysAngry
    @RedneckedCrake said:
    " Wow...this is like the third game I've heard you whine about dude. I don't know if you're trying to live up to your name or actually being serious, but all the games you've had problems with so far (including this one) were pretty easy to me. Fallout's really not that hard, just make sure to have multiple guns with ammo for each and plenty of stimpacks, purified water, and some good armor on and you're good to go. Maybe if you thought ahead and resupplied between missions, you wouldn't be having so much trouble with this one. It's happened to me before and it's easy to fix. "
    3? I don't hate Mass Effect because it's hard... 

Fallout was the only game. I am actually re-playing it on very-easy and enjoying myself. It's like I can't die and I'm having fun that way.
    tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#57  Edited By tearhead

Even though Blood Ties is a quest you get early in the game, I would recommend not doing it until later in the game (that's what I did). It seems to me that you are trying to do this quest at a time where you are somewhat new to the game and haven't done much exploring. Blood Ties is a quest that takes you all over the wasteland, and should be done at a time where you have done many other side quests and unlocked many of fast travel points. But it sounds like you made a mistake by attempting a quest you are not ready for. I would say load a save from Megaton (hopefully you have one) and start doing quests that are close to that town. When you see a quest marker that is like on the other side of the map, wait til later to do it.

RedneckedCrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By RedneckedCrake
    @AlwaysAngry said:
    " @RedneckedCrake said:
    " Wow...this is like the third game I've heard you whine about dude. I don't know if you're trying to live up to your name or actually being serious, but all the games you've had problems with so far (including this one) were pretty easy to me. Fallout's really not that hard, just make sure to have multiple guns with ammo for each and plenty of stimpacks, purified water, and some good armor on and you're good to go. Maybe if you thought ahead and resupplied between missions, you wouldn't be having so much trouble with this one. It's happened to me before and it's easy to fix. "
    3? I don't hate Mass Effect because it's hard...  Fallout was the only game. I am actually re-playing it on very-easy and enjoying myself. It's like I can't die and I'm having fun that way. "
    I personally couldn't play on a lower difficulty. I like a little bit of challenge in a game. Granted, it's never fun when you die, and I've died plenty of times, but going around just killing everything in a few shots is so lame to me. Fighting off a few bandits at a time and barely surviving the encounter just gets your adrenaline flowing and makes you feel more engrossed in the experience. I only play on Easy when I want to feel overly powerful in a game, which isn't very often, because Average is good enough for me. 

Shooters I always go for Hard because you've got to beat it eventually, even if you die a hundred times in the process. That's just the way I've always thought and it's worked for pretty much every game.
    AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By AlwaysAngry
    @RedneckedCrake said:
    " @AlwaysAngry said:
    " @RedneckedCrake said:
    3? I don't hate Mass Effect because it's hard...  Fallout was the only game. I am actually re-playing it on very-easy and enjoying myself. It's like I can't die and I'm having fun that way. "
    I personally couldn't play on a lower difficulty. I like a little bit of challenge in a game. Granted, it's never fun when you die, and I've died plenty of times, but going around just killing everything in a few shots is so lame to me. Fighting off a few bandits at a time and barely surviving the encounter just gets your adrenaline flowing and makes you feel more engrossed in the experience. I only play on Easy when I want to feel overly powerful in a game, which isn't very often, because Average is good enough for me.  Shooters I always go for Hard because you've got to beat it eventually, even if you die a hundred times in the process. That's just the way I've always thought and it's worked for pretty much every game. "
    *claps hands* 

I realize you are vastly superior to me in video games, but please refrain from mocking my mere peasantry of the Fallout universe, mmmmk? And you know what? I play shooters on the hardest difficulty too. You know why? I've always been playing shooters, they're pretty much all I play. Fallout 3 was my first RPG. I'm sorry if I'm not Jesus at a game I've never even played the genre of before, you dick.
    Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
    deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I played through it on easy because I just didn't enjoy combat at all. I really enjoyed the game as a whole though.

RedneckedCrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By RedneckedCrake
    @AlwaysAngry said:
    " @RedneckedCrake said:
    " @AlwaysAngry said:
    " @RedneckedCrake said:
    I personally couldn't play on a lower difficulty. I like a little bit of challenge in a game. Granted, it's never fun when you die, and I've died plenty of times, but going around just killing everything in a few shots is so lame to me. Fighting off a few bandits at a time and barely surviving the encounter just gets your adrenaline flowing and makes you feel more engrossed in the experience. I only play on Easy when I want to feel overly powerful in a game, which isn't very often, because Average is good enough for me.  Shooters I always go for Hard because you've got to beat it eventually, even if you die a hundred times in the process. That's just the way I've always thought and it's worked for pretty much every game. "
    *claps hands*  I realize you are vastly superior to me in video games, but please refrain from mocking my mere peasantry of the Fallout universe, mmmmk? And you know what? I play shooters on the hardest difficulty too. You know why? I've always been playing shooters, they're pretty much all I play. Fallout 3 was my first RPG. I'm sorry if I'm not Jesus at a game I've never even played the genre of before, you dick. "
    Hahahaha, you are obviously pretty insecure about this, or else you wouldn't be so defensive. Fallout 3 is pretty simple dude. If you've never played an RPG, it's one of the most basic ones you could start out with. 

Of course, I was only making conversation. You were the one that took it as an insult, which was fairly amusing.
    cancerdancer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#63  Edited By cancerdancer
    @AlwaysAngry:
    No Caption Provided
    AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By AlwaysAngry
    @cancerdancer: What? This thread is done. Goodbye. Die!
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By HandsomeDead

I never modified the difficulty on Fallout 3 and never felt I was without ammo or stimpacks. Maybe it was because I spent a lot of my time just exploring.

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By AlwaysAngry
    @HandsomeDead said:
    " I never modified the difficulty on Fallout 3 and never felt I was without ammo or stimpacks. Maybe it was because I spent a lot of my time just exploring. "
    Fallout 3 is too hard to explore for me. It's just not fun. Walking and walking and walking. 

I had an overabundance of ammo in BioShock though, because I loved exploring every little corner. I think Fallout 3 could benefit from vehicles...c'mon, at least a fucking go-cart or something.
    cancerdancer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By cancerdancer
    @HandsomeDead: Don't worry. All these threads about how hard Fallout 3 is, is coming from a guy who didn't eventually realize that Arefu was ON the highway, instead of below it. And to show his anguish, made a whole thread blasting this game because he wasn't able to locate the place.
    AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By AlwaysAngry
    @cancerdancer: You make me angry. Seriously, you make me angry. There's a certain way some people say things, and you remind me of somebody I hate. 

Two threads, I make to fucking threads and you're like "ALL THESE THREADS..." 

I didn't know one thread, ONE, plus this thread was enough to be considered a lot of threads. You shit fucking prick. 

And I'm also sooooo sorry I didn't pay attention the bridge I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WAS THERE my first time doing the quest. And that wasn't a thread "blasting" anything, I was asking a fucking question. Maybe in an angry tone but, get this, PEOPLE GET A LITTLE ANGRY SOMETIMES. Get over yourself you elitist prick.

Go stab yourself until you pop your liver and die.
    Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
    deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

@AlwaysAngry: Go into the gameplay settings and slide the difficulty down to easy. You will not miss out on any achievements on the xbox360 version.
    Forrest22x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Forrest22x
    @Mikemcn said:
    " Just don't do the THOSE! quest, that one was brutal, i've never had more hate for fire breathing ants, and believe me, 9mm bullets are not adequate for fending off hordes of mutant arthopods. "
    OH THAT MOTHERFUKCER. I rented the game from GameFly, after trying that, sent it back. Gonna get the GOTY edition soon. :)
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#71  Edited By natetodamax
    @AlwaysAngry said:
    " @cancerdancer: You make me angry. Seriously, you make me angry. There's a certain way some people say things, and you remind me of somebody I hate.  Two threads, I make to fucking threads and you're like "ALL THESE THREADS..."  I didn't know one thread, ONE, plus this thread was enough to be considered a lot of threads. You shit fucking prick.  And I'm also sooooo sorry I didn't pay attention the bridge I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WAS THERE my first time doing the quest. And that wasn't a thread "blasting" anything, I was asking a fucking question. Maybe in an angry tone but, get this, PEOPLE GET A LITTLE ANGRY SOMETIMES. Get over yourself you elitist prick.  Go stab yourself until you pop your liver and die. "
    Whoa man.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#72  Edited By jakob187

Never had any of these problems.  V.A.T.S., headshots, and sell everything you don't use to buy ammo and stimpacks. 

Hell, I went through the game up to level 20 with a skinny female named Trix (because that's what she turned)...and I stayed dressed in a sundress the entire time.  I had no armor whatsoever other than a straw hat, the dress, and a pair of shades.  =  / 

Sorry you didn't find it enjoyable.  Some 10 million other people can't seem to agree.

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By FiestaUnicorn
    @natetodamax said:
    " @AlwaysAngry said:
    " @cancerdancer: You make me angry. Seriously, you make me angry. There's a certain way some people say things, and you remind me of somebody I hate.  Two threads, I make to fucking threads and you're like "ALL THESE THREADS..."  I didn't know one thread, ONE, plus this thread was enough to be considered a lot of threads. You shit fucking prick.  And I'm also sooooo sorry I didn't pay attention the bridge I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WAS THERE my first time doing the quest. And that wasn't a thread "blasting" anything, I was asking a fucking question. Maybe in an angry tone but, get this, PEOPLE GET A LITTLE ANGRY SOMETIMES. Get over yourself you elitist prick.  Go stab yourself until you pop your liver and die. "
    Whoa man. "

HOLY SHIT!
    buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By buzz_clik
    Awww, poppet.

@AlwaysAngry said:
    " ...it's the worst game I've ever bought. "
    This is either luck or hyperbole.
    jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By jeffgoldblum

I played the entire game on Very Easy and loved the hell out of it.

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By AlwaysAngry
    @JeffGoldblum said:
    " I played the entire game on Very Easy and loved the hell out of it. "
    It's what I've been doing for a while. I forgot about this thread.
    luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By luce
    @FiestaUnicorn said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    " @AlwaysAngry said:
    Whoa man. "
    HOLY SHIT! "

No Caption Provided
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#78  Edited By Geno

Fallout 3 is many things, but hard it's not. Follow Jeff's playstyle, run up to people with a shotgun and use VATS. 

Avatar image for coheedfavorhouse
    CoheedFavorHouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By CoheedFavorHouse

i just started recently too bro. (today, in fact) 

i guess it does feel sort of easy, even though i haven't used the aiming system yet. the only thing that gave me a little bit of trouble was the behemoth, i had to try twice because i didn't realize they gave you the mininuke launcher whose name escapes me

Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Virago

At least you didn't throw any kittens over it.

....or DID YOU?

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By DystopiaX
    @AlwaysAngry said:
    " @RedneckedCrake said:
    " @AlwaysAngry said:
    " @RedneckedCrake said:
    " @AlwaysAngry said:
    " @RedneckedCrake said:
    *claps hands*  I realize you are vastly superior to me in video games, but please refrain from mocking my mere peasantry of the Fallout universe, mmmmk? And you know what? I play shooters on the hardest difficulty too. You know why? I've always been playing shooters, they're pretty much all I play. Fallout 3 was my first RPG. I'm sorry if I'm not Jesus at a game I've never even played the genre of before, you dick. "
    Hahahaha, you are obviously pretty insecure about this, or else you wouldn't be so defensive. Fallout 3 is pretty simple dude. If you've never played an RPG, it's one of the most basic ones you could start out with.  Of course, I was only making conversation. You were the one that took it as an insult, which was fairly amusing. "
    Dude, go put a bullet in your head and stop talking. It would do the world good. "
    Lol wow. Some guy points out that this is a relatively easy RPG and you tell him to commit suicide? 
    All I can say is that it is possible to do fuck all with the RPG elements and do whatever and still come out fine. 

You get 10 stimpaks in the medkit in the beginning. Hotkey them to your d-pad/numbers if you really have do. 
    Doctors are in towns 
    beds are where you can find them 
    Vats makes you invincible with use. 
    Bullets are scarce at first but can be bought, and eventually you will have thousands of each type. 
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By DystopiaX
    @buzz_clik said:
    " Awww, poppet.

@AlwaysAngry said:
    " ...it's the worst game I've ever bought. "
    This is either luck or hyperbole. "
    I was gonna say, dude's gotta only buy GOTY's then. Seeing as this won dozens of them.
    elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#83  Edited By elko84

game was quite easy.  not sure what you're doing wrong.

Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Virago
    @elko84 said:
    " game was quite easy.  not sure what you're doing wrong. "
    Look out dude, the guy above you said similar things and was suggested he commit hari kari.
    Alwaysangry lives up to his name.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By toowalrus
    @jakob187 said:
    " Never had any of these problems.  V.A.T.S., headshots, and sell everything you don't use to buy ammo and stimpacks.  Hell, I went through the game up to level 20 with a skinny female named Trix (because that's what she turned)...and I stayed dressed in a sundress the entire time.  I had no armor whatsoever other than a straw hat, the dress, and a pair of shades.  =  /  Sorry you didn't find it enjoyable.  Some 10 million other people can't seem to agree. "
    This is unrelated, but it's YOUR fault Rambo V was canceled. Oh, and thank you for getting Rambo V canceled.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#86  Edited By demontium
    @AlwaysAngry:  

Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#87  Edited By Metric_Outlaw

I wouldn't go to Blood Ties first. This game may seem ridiculously hard in the beginning but it makes up for it later on.

Ben99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Ben99

that game is one of my favorite games of all time . No other game is even near that . I love that game so much

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By CL60

This my friends, is why games these days are incredibly easy.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#90  Edited By Daveyo520

But Fallout 3 is awesome. Keep at it.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By OllyOxenFree

Why does this thread keep going goddamn.

So the OP sucks at games.   Let him be.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#92  Edited By trophyhunter

nut up

Avatar image for pnut_buttr_panda
    PNut_Buttr_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By PNut_Buttr_Panda
    @AlwaysAngry: 
    megaton, megaton, and megaton...or tenpenny tower, tenpenny tower, and tenpenny tower. if you need supplies just gather a ton of random junk and trade it for stuff. the combat isnt awful so stop bitching.
    Wilberton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Wilberton

I kept on dying at first. When I ran into an area that was too tough, I would go back to an earlier save and go off in another direction. I had problems clearing out the local supermarket, I also got a shock when I ran into the Mirelurks on the way to Arafu, then there are the scorpions and those fire ants... I left it quite a while before going back and tackling the ants. 

It is easy to miss a location when trekking through the wastes, I just randomly stumbled across them. Also one of the most powerful early weapons for me is a shotgun, fired at near point blank range.

The first success I had was clearing out the school building near where the game starts. I picked up some weapons, ammo and Experience points there. The beginning is in some ways the toughest part of the game to get through.

I have lost track of the games that I haven't completed over the years. If the game doesn't suit you and isn't fun, then try something else.  

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1d45de5ef23
    deactivated-5a1d45de5ef23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kishan6 said:
    " @AlwaysAngry said:
    " Such a great world this game had, such a shame it was ruined by awful, awful combat. "
    i think ur just bad "
    /thread
    BruceNorris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By BruceNorris

probably using busted ass weapons with DR at 2, be better off fist fighting enemies.

" Game hard, I AM DISSAPOINT!" 

game is tough at first tho,  i walked out of the vault and got chased all the way to megaton by a mole rat.

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By luce

This thread is now about the many intricacies of the colour purple.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#98  Edited By trophyhunter

I never had a problem with fallout 3 being any kind of hard

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By ninjakiller
    @luce: Hmmmm, I like purples that have a heavy tinge of blue to them.  Really pleasing to the eyes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.