Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

What mods do you use?

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By jmrwacko

I just played through STALKER SoC with Complete 2009 mod and it was actually fun, so I thought maybe I'd blow through Fallout 3 again with all the latest greatest mods the community has undoubtedly put out since I last played this game a year ago. So, what are the latest and greatest mods nowadays? I want something that makes the game look great on higher end PC's, makes the gunplay less VATS and more methodical like STALKER, and doesn't CTD every 20 minutes. Any suggestions?

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Skytylz

I like the mod that makes somethings green, less depressing, but it messes up some areas because the treas are all over the platforms at the jefferson memorial and if your trying to shoot dudes it really sucks.

Darkstar614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Darkstar614

makes the gunplay less VATS and more methodical like STALKER,

Wanderer's edition is pretty awesome. Instead of VATS you use your AP to have bullet time. I haven't played it really myself, but my friend likes it a lot.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2761
    jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By jmrwacko

Anyone want to comment on FOOK 2 vs FWE vs MMM3? Or can I use all of them?

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Mmmslash
    @jmrwacko:  I have no opinions on that but, YOU ARE A BANANA.
    Avatar image for householdutensils
    householdutensils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By householdutensils

Below is my current Mod List. I can confirm that the game runs with all the below mods installed, though you might have to fiddle with the load order and make a merged patch (I have seen a missing texture in the game, one of the guns I believe, but with these mods installed there is literally hundreds of guns available, and I've only seen it once or twice)
    FWE is a must have :) I dig the harder difficulty that the damage modifiers bring to the game. I too am a massive fan of S.T.A.L.K.E.R, so I tried to make the experience very.....lone stalkerish. The harder difficulty, the vintorez rifle, the S.T.A.L.K.E.R Mod for MMM and a character build focused around stealth and Small guns helped me achieve this. 

The only difficulty I've run into so far is that I don't seem to be able to progress into the sequence in Vault 112. Though, I'm not sure if this is an issue with any mods and I haven't had a chance to test yet. Also, I don't have any of the DLC installed, if you do, you'll need compatibility patches. These are usually provided with the    

MODS:
    RETURN to SHADY SANDS    Arefu Expanded v1_7d by Azar

Marts Mutant Mod - RC 5

FOOK2

Weapon Mod Kits

FWE - FO3 Wanderers Edition

S_T_A_L_K_E_R_ARMOR MOD

Seducing Women

Ragnarok - Arena

Megaton Contracts

DIMONIZED TYPE3 female body WIP

The Chryslus Bar and Grill

Vintorez Special Sniper Rifle

The Secret of the Mole Rat Maze

DCInteriors Project

Classic Fallout Weapons BETA

A Reasoned Argument

A Note Easily Missed

An Evening With Mister Manchester

To sleep - perchance to dream

Ambrosia Bells the Walls of Hell

STALKER MUTANTS_addon for mart mutant mod V 1_1

MTC Wasteland Travellers V2

FOOK 2-CALIBR-MTCWasteLandTravellers 

Tooling:

FO3Edit

Fallout Interoperability Program - FOIP (Patches)
    FOMM

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.