Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 4

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 10, 2015

The Fallout series continues in a post-apocalyptic Boston, Massachusetts.

How interested are you in Fallout 4?

• 112 results
    paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll How interested are you in Fallout 4? (619 votes)

1. I have zero interest in this title and don't think I will ever play it. 4%
    2. I don't see myself playing this, although may give it a shot based on reception or sale discounts. 6%
    3. Still 50-50 on it. Going to wait for reception/reviews and may wait for sale 13%
    4. I do plan to get it around release, but may change if something drastic happens. 27%
    5. This will be a Day One purchase/I have this preordered. I am on the Hype Tram. 50%

Hello, with the impending release of Fallout 4 I wanted to try and gauge the interest of duders in it. I imagine a lot of people are looking forward to it, but I also see lots of posts where people have other games already locked in as their GOTY. So on a scale of 1-5, how interested are you in Fallout 4?

Elsewhere, the hype tram is real:

No Caption Provided

• 
    Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

No pre-order (never pre-order), but I'll be picking this up Day One.

Weirdly I'm not that hyped, but Fallout is probably one of my favourite franchises so I know I'll play the hell out of it.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably a bad idea, but I prepurchased almost immediately after the end of the E3 conference. I sunk easily over 100 hours into both 3 and New Vegas.

@paulmako: Is the photo from Australia (Melbourne)? Looks like it. Game has had a weirdly strong push here.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

All the way excited. I'm gonna play this shit so hard.

I pretty much never pre-order games, but I made an exception this time just so a buddy and I could go to the midnight launch. I won't even be able to play it that much the next few days after it's out due to work and school, but I want to have it in my possession as quickly as possible.

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

I liked both fallout 3 skyrim and oblivion but never finished any of they. Still will pick it up, debating if I'll finish witcher 3 before that though.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
    rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing about it had wowed me at all. I'll have to wait to see a review that says you have to play the game to experience x thing. If not I'll wait till the GOTY edition.

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
    ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't care for it. Nothing "wowed" me about it which is pretty wild since Bethesda games have always had such a huge wow factor for me.

First Bethesda game i'm skipping.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

My most anticipated game of the year. Regardless of what you personally think of them, there's nothing else like Bethesda games out there. Absolutely cannot wait to get completely lost and absorbed in another one of their worlds.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

I'm another person who's more of an Elder Scrolls than a Fallout guy, but I'm sure I'll buy 4 before it hits any kind of price drop.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I'm really excited for it, but I also know how Bethesda's games are and I want to spend a day or two poking around several different corners of the internet to see what kinds of issues people are having with the PC version. It's a Bethesda game so I know it's going to be buggy, but I need to know if it's a bug I can live with. What I really need to know is if the game has any issues with microstuttering - I won't be able to handle that at all.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kind of embarrassing to say but this is one of those games I wanna be in on the zeitgeist for

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

No interest. I think Bethesda's games are fun for a lot of people but its not really what I want out of an RPG. They have streamlined and simplified a lot of things in recent releases.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
    hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never played a Fallout game, even though I recently purchased the Fallout 3 GotY collection. I'm sure I'll play this eventually, but probably some time way into the future.

MVHVTMV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By MVHVTMV

I'm not massively hyped, but I did actually pre-order because I know it's a game I want to play at some point. I ended up pre-ordering it from GMG through a VPN a little while back because they had a deal where it ended up being about about 60AUD (~45USD) instead of the ridiculous 110AUD it is on Steam over here.

WHO'S READY FOR MOUSE ACCELERATION

Fuck. You really know how to break a man's heart.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Sure, I'm excited enough. I don't expect to have any sort of truly satisfying RPG character building or for the writers to understand what people liked about those first two Fallout games, but I do expect a big sprawling world with a ton to do because no one makes open world games like Bethesda does. That alone probably excuses a lot of their faults, though it also helps that Fallout 4 comes out the week of my birthday and I could very likely get someone else to pay for my copy as a result.

Avatar image for deactivated-62001d97f34e0
    deactivated-62001d97f34e0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been getting more exited with those videos they released showing off the different stats. I loved Fallout 3 and played the hell out of it and all the DLC, New Vegas was good too until i reached a point that completely fucked me and i never finished it.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ohnooh: It's an easy fix at least, but it's beyond me why so many devs enable it by default. Like, what purpose does it serve?

Calmgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Extremely excited! Fallout 3 and New Vegas are 2 of my favorite games. Day 1 buy and I'm keeping that first weekend as open as possible.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

-Insert 'Colbert give it to me now' gif here-

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Immensely. I can already tell without playing it that it will be my GotY as I just can't get enough of playing Fallout especially having played F3 and NV back to back earlier this year.

coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

This thread is another weekly reminder that I should really give Fallout: New Vegas a shot. I bet its cheap on Steam or someplace.

mrroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm in the: "I really want to be excited for it because it ticks all the boxes on paper" camp. I played 3 when it came out and got kinda bored with it, and recently (like last week) tried new vegas again for a couple hours and was overwhelmed with meh. As much as this seems like the kind of thing I'd like, it probably just won't do it for me :-(

edgaras1103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man I just hope the writing and characterization is half as good as the Witcher or New Vegas. Bethesda really struggle with that stuff. And the shooting hoped improved on par as standard fps. Really hyped, I need another rpg after witcher.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I'll probably get it but considering I didn't like the previous games all that much I'm waiting for a QuickLook before I do get it.

Onced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely looking forward to, I'm probably going to preorder.

Random note: is that the tram that passes by the Royal Eye and Ear in Melbourne? Pretty surreal seeing it on GB.

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#77  Edited By Anund

I'm a 3. I'll play it at some point, even though I still haven't forgiven them for turning an awesome, tactical RPG into an FPS. I found Fallout 3 to be "ok", I played through the whole thing. New Vegas lost me a few hours in.

I will not buy it at release though, not with Destiny, MGSV and the Witcher 3 DLC to keep me busy.

chobobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hyped to the max, getting it day one. I haven't followed anything of the game yet, only saw the first trailer which I admit didn't blow me away. But RPG that Bethesda does always goes down well with me.

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

To be honest, I just simply don't have time for it. It's going to be hard enough for me to get through both MGS V and Witcher 3 before the end of the year and Fallout has never held the rapture over me to make me put down either of those two. Next year perhaps.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I didn't really like Skyrim much, Fallout 3 is also wildly inferior to New Vegas.

I just don't care that much for Todd Howards design decisions.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#81  Edited By Justin258

@ohnooh said:

I'm not massively hyped, but I did actually pre-order because I know it's a game I want to play at some point. I ended up pre-ordering it from GMG through a VPN a little while back because they had a deal where it ended up being about about 60AUD (~45USD) instead of the ridiculous 110AUD it is on Steam over here.

@steadying said:

WHO'S READY FOR MOUSE ACCELERATION

Fuck. You really know how to break a man's heart.

There's also the Vsync that doesn't actually turn off when you tell it to because physics are tied to frame rate and the game goes nuts if the frame rate varies too much!

I'll try playing Fallout 4 with a mouse and keyboard but I'll probably wind up playing most of it with a controller, on the TV, on my chair, with my feet propped up and a drink next to me.

EDIT:

@ohnooh: It's an easy fix at least, but it's beyond me why so many devs enable it by default. Like, what purpose does it serve?

Mouse acceleration is probably enabled by default because Windows has it enabled by default. The thinking may be that most people are going to be comfortable with mouse acceleration in games because they're comfortable with it on a desktop. Also, any game where you're aiming with a controller has some acceleration going on - really, the only time you want mouse acceleration off is when you're playing a game with a mouse and keyboard. Of course it should be disabled by default in every game, no exceptions, but I imagine there's some faulty "but most people are already used to it" logic going on somewhere.

Whatever mouse acceleration is going on in Fallout 3's menu is fucking insane, but you probably want to leave it enabled on the desktop.

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Bane

Bethesda RPGs are my jam. Day one purchase. I took the Friday after release off so I could spend a long weekend playing it. If you take release day off you're doing it wrong.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Bethesda is my favorite game company, but that's all on the Elder Scrolls side of things. I'm glad it's coming out though, so they can start working on Elder Scrolls 6!

Amen. I've also got it preordered anyway. Sigh.

happenstance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I've got it preordered but the hype hasnt really taken hold yet for me. Im sure when im actually playing the game though I'll be all in.

jaycrockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I'm super hype for this game, Fallout 3 was one of my favorite games of all time. However I don't buy games at launch. Maybe if there is a black friday sale.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
    alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am the physical embodiment of hype

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

CHOO CHOO MF

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimbo said:

Maybe I just haven't been paying attention, but this one seems to have gone from announcement to release in no time at all and with a surprising lack of fanfare?

I love a bit of Bethesda so I'm looking forward to it, but something feels a little off. This feels like just another game coming out when it should be being treated like the big release of the year after how huge Skyrim was.

It is a really weird marketing structure. Maybe they just don't want to burn a bunch of money on a thing they feel is going to do just fine regardless of how many IGN banner ads they have? The whole "here's this game, you'll play it soon" thing has me more curious than anything.

I'm definitely not watching all the videos they put out or looking up information, but I am very excited. Fallout 3 is definitely one of my favorite games of the previous generation (flaws and all), and I can only hope that this game pulls me in that way too.

I do feel bad that it's going to basically put Tomb Raider on the back burner for me. I really want to play both, but time is my most precious commodity these days.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

@hatking said:
    @jimbo said:

Maybe I just haven't been paying attention, but this one seems to have gone from announcement to release in no time at all and with a surprising lack of fanfare?

I love a bit of Bethesda so I'm looking forward to it, but something feels a little off. This feels like just another game coming out when it should be being treated like the big release of the year after how huge Skyrim was.

It is a really weird marketing structure. Maybe they just don't want to burn a bunch of money on a thing they feel is going to do just fine regardless of how many IGN banner ads they have? The whole "here's this game, you'll play it soon" thing has me more curious than anything.

I'm definitely not watching all the videos they put out or looking up information, but I am very excited. Fallout 3 is definitely one of my favorite games of the previous generation (flaws and all), and I can only hope that this game pulls me in that way too.

I do feel bad that it's going to basically put Tomb Raider on the back burner for me. I really want to play both, but time is my most precious commodity these days.

If I remember correctly, they did something similar for Skyrim. It seems they're pretty confident in their games and wait 'til release to really market the product. Being able to blast media with ads that have "9/10! IGN, 10/10 GameSpot!" etc. goes a long way. It also doesn't hurt to have "From the creators of Skyrim" somewhere in there.

Also, this is probably my most anticipated game for the year, so I'm pretty pumped!

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Whoah perfect stair on the results.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tearhead: I think this is a little more extreme than Skyrim was. For one, there was a longer wait between announcement and release for Skyrim. I also seem to remember some amount of internet coverage, though a lot of that might have just been stuff like "top ten reasons we're looking forward to Skyrim!" and not actual previews, and to be fair there has been plenty of that for Fallout 4. Maybe it's just a perspective thing. Maybe I'm just too busy to really notice game hype these days.

All said, I am really looking forward to burying myself in that game. Everything I have seen seems right up my alley. I'll probably pre-order a digital version a day or two before it comes out.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Gettin' it delivered on the 10th and playing all day on the 11th. Pretty excited to see what they've made and how the game has evolved from FO3. By far my most anticipated game this year.

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
    deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

3. I still love & play New Vegas, but I played Fallout 3 again recently and I think that game has aged horribly. I think other developers may do the whole "Bethesda RPG" thing better than Bethesda.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, i loved oblivion and skyrim but i couldn't get into fallout 3 at all. The story was bland(well it's a bethesda game) but the gameplay couldn't hold my attention at all for whatever reason(the slowdown thing was cool though), and the graphics were ugly on 360. I'm thinking about getting 3 on pc again and modding the shit out of it and seeing how i like it but I'm not sure i have the time to play either as I've wasted plenty between witcher and metal gear.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f0e8dcf3078d
    deactivated-5f0e8dcf3078d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skyrim burned my ass real bad and the stuff I've seen of Fallout 4 seems like they are going even harder in that direction. But I remain cautiously optimistic.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaiserreich: No other developers really do the Bethesda RPG thing though, except for maybe CD Projekt with TW3, and even that still wasn't really a Bethesda RPG.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

I'll buy it, it'll be in my Top 10, I'll still think its overrated. That's most Bethesda games for me.

This time around I think I'll try and be as patient with it as I can, and try and stumble upon the interesting shit rather than seek it out. But I'll probably still have a problem with the choices it lets you make. I feel like in Fallout 3 you could either be a boring hero or an asshole, whereas New Vegas showed that it was by a different studio by making things a lot more nuanced. "A Change in Management" left me wandering for an hour, weighing the choices in my head. And I suspect 4 will be more like the former.

betaband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm an old fart who appreciates F1&2 and Tactics more than the newer ones. I'm not hyped at all but I might check it out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.