Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout: New Vegas

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

The post-apocalyptic Fallout universe expands into Nevada in this new title in the franchise. As a courier once left for dead by a mysterious man in a striped suit, the player must now set out to find their assailant and uncover the secrets of the enigmatic ruler of New Vegas.

End alliances, who to pick? (SPOILERS)

Flaboere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Flaboere

Hey guys.  Spoilers incomming! 

I've been helping NCR along all the way, I'm not up to a mission where the President is gonna come visit. But I've started wondering if I should side with Yes man instead, having allready killed Mr. House and Caesar. The reason is, I read on the forum that he's (Yes Man) more interesting the lots of the other factions, and heard Ryan talk about how he liked the character. But I don't want to feel like I'll just ruin all I build up so far. Would it make sense changing to Yes Man at this point? 

Thanks!

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Beat it with NCR, but keep a save from right before then, and then go back and do Yes Man. That's what I did, shouldn't take too long.  

I found the Yes Man ending a little lacking, because it doesn't end how I thought it would, which made me a little angry. 

Flaboere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Flaboere

Ok, think i'll do that!

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Yeah, because while you can alienate the other factions, aside from killing him, I'm pretty sure there's nothing you can do to alienate Yes Man. And the game is very specific about when you get to the point of no return (it's when you go to turn in the saving the president quest), so no worries about that. 

GioSpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By GioSpy

I picked Legion and I seriously regret it.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ryanwho

You can easily string along Yes Man, House, and NCR in a single play and be about 2 and a half hours from all 3 endings on a single save. Jeff didn't know what he was doing.

AgnosticJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AgnosticJesus

Does anyone know when the point of no return is regarding which faction to align with?  I've been hesitant to start the Caesar quest or some of the later NCR quests in fear of alienating the other factions.  I want to get the 3 possible endings in one playthrough.  After playing Dead Money I have no desire to complete multiple playthroughs.  Was anyone else horribly disappointed with Dead Money?

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By FireBurger
    @GioSpy said:
    " I picked Legion and I seriously regret it. "
    I don't know the Legion ending (did NCR myself), but don't you sort of know what you're getting into if you choose them?
    GioSpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GioSpy
    @FireBurger:  Yeah, well. I wanted to be a bit of an asshole but I didn't want to be THAT MUCH of an asshole.
    Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Marcsman

I did the Yes Man. Now working on Mr. House.
    Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By Undeadpool
    @GioSpy: It seems like they telegraph how big of assholes they are PRETTY quickly with the slavery and burning whole towns to the ground while crucifying the inhabitants...did you think you could steer them in a more productive direction? (Not being sarcastic, that'd actually be a pretty cool thing, like if there was an "assassinate Caesar, take over the Legion" quest)
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Jimbo

I strung Caesar and the NCR along as long as possible but was always gonna go Yes Man.  The ending was mostly just watching the upgraded robots / Bomber / Brotherhood / Enclave kicking ass.

GioSpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By GioSpy
    @Undeadpool:  Not to spoil anything but there is a quest like that. Well, not really I quest, more like a choice.
    Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By Undeadpool
    @GioSpy: Oh SNAP! You just moved my second playthrough of NV waaaay up the list. Was that the route you went and it still went shitty for you?
    GioSpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By GioSpy
    @Undeadpool:  I actually didn't take that route so it might have been better.
    animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By animateria

I wish you can give everyone the finger and walk away. 

That's certainly what I did in Vampire: The Masquerade. 

It was refreshing to tell all the factions to fuck off. I think that was the best ending possible (for me).

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By mikemcn

I want to side with Yes man but I sorta already blew up the robot army. This means I'll have to rule New Vegas with about 24 upgraded securitrons. Yes Man is optimistic about it at least, said thousands of securitrons would be confusing anyways, still not comforted....

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By pweidman

The beauty of it is, with a few proper saves to go back to, you can check out most endgame options in one play.  Try'em all and check out the variation of consequences.  The Legion being the most difficult to get at for me because of how I saved(and for my disdain for that faction to be honest).  Also, keep in mind the vast locations, and time for the detours they entail, the loot you can obtain,  if you opt for the all locations perk in the process :).
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ryanwho

The game spells it out for you. If you're helping one side too much, they literally create a new quest saying "___ knows you're helping ____, help ____ again and ____ will stop helping you." Couldn't be any easier. Everyone wants the Brotherhood dead, everyone basically wants the same thing up until the president mission. 

Flaboere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Flaboere

I ended up doing the NCR and finished the game. Have to say I'm not too impressed, but I think it goes back to the actual game mechanics, so not much hope there. I talked the dude out of it, instead of killing him, having already killed Caesar earlier.  

I'm really curious about what happens if you side with either Yes Man or Mr. House though? Do you gain access to the Vault behind Yes Man at some point?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.