Anybody else excited for this game?

#1 Posted by drewm135 (216 posts) -

Yeah I think this game will be awesome. I mean, the graphics, the physics, the shooting gameplay, and just darn near about everything excited me about this game. Anybody else feel the same way?

#2 Posted by JamesK (74 posts) -

Yes looking forward to it. Just hope the is no sci-fi crap in it like the first game.

#3 Posted by drewm135 (216 posts) -

Agreed, all that sci-fi junk in the original really ruined the game for me.

#4 Posted by Bjorn (104 posts) -

Yeah, I am totally freaking excited about this game. Its the one I look forward to the most, this and Fable 2. I just ordered a ATI Radeon HD 4870 512mb GDDR5! Can't wait, outperforming the 260 gtx and its really close to the 280 gtx.

First thing I'm doing is: Burn some damn grass!!! ;)

#5 Edited by 10MP (311 posts) -

Honestly i think it's going to be riddled with bugs, have poor performance and have lackluster story and side missions.

#6 Posted by xplodedd (1316 posts) -

I am looking forward to it, i just hope they take their time and not have something like alone in the dark come out.

#7 Posted by Charleslegrand (186 posts) -

Never fnished the first one (barely got to the Sci-fi part) but I'm really excited for the second one.  The change of setting could bring some freshness to fps

#8 Posted by Pikachu (449 posts) -

It looks awesome, judging from the trailers. I'm definitely going to be buying this

#9 Posted by Bkorns4 (129 posts) -

It looks amazing, i'm just afraid i may get lost in Africa.  Seems like they've packed this to the brim with content.

#10 Posted by trebert (45 posts) -

Yeah the game most certainly looks awesome.
Though the game had me when they pulled the flamethrower out in the walkthrough and started a fire.

#11 Posted by Atlas (2457 posts) -

It looks it could be really generic and stodgy, but graphically it looks beautiful and it could be a really fun shooter. So yeah I'm pretty excited to play it; probably won't get it at launch though.

#12 Posted by Jigen (189 posts) -

I am amazed at how it's turning out on Xbox 360 and PS3 so far.  The game started as a high end pushing PC game but they've gotten all the features and seemingly most of the assets to work on the consoles flawlessly.  In videos I've seen the game looks really amazing.

Now, if the game lives up to the PR about the AI and big open mostly non-linear gameplay, it will be a truly awesome game.

#13 Posted by TheBeast (1931 posts) -

It looks really nice, but I'm not too sure how excited I can be about yet another FPS.

#14 Posted by Artie (692 posts) -

I'm really interested in the open ended story telling. Like how there's a start point, and a goal to reach, but how you get there can be accomplished in dozens of ways. It sounds really cool.

#15 Posted by RVonE (4683 posts) -

I don't know man. I liked Far Cry at first, but eventually it felt more like a glorified tech demo like Crysis did. I'll probably check it out once it is released, but I'm worried that it'll be just another shooter that improves the genre only on the technical side.

#16 Posted by p0tet (48 posts) -

Hyped about this game yes!

#17 Posted by pbhawks45 (736 posts) -

Awww, sackboy is so damn cute.

And yes, I'm already calling this a GOTY candidate.

#18 Posted by Brainkiller (165 posts) -

I can't wait, I'll be buying it for PC... I haven't been this hyped for a very long time.

#19 Posted by RagingLion (1366 posts) -

I'm actually really excited about the story side from what I've seen and heard so far and that's the aspect that has got me thinking that I might buy this game.  The immersiveness of a game is always the most key thing  for me and to have the story responding to my actions which are based in a real open game world in which I doing things as I want should be really great.  Also I love how you can make 'buddies' with the other freelancers you could have played as and how they can help you out if you're in trouble and actually die permanently as well.

#20 Posted by DirrtyNinja (715 posts) -

Yea its looking good. Hope the sci fi shit fest is kept to a minimum.

#21 Posted by Knale (20 posts) -

just looks really visceral and fun. hopefully multiplayer too.

#22 Edited by FengShuiGod (1492 posts) -

The game certainly has potential, but Crytek games have always been hit or miss IMO. I hope the game delivers on the level that many think it can, but I am still skeptical.

#23 Posted by banksrob (1126 posts) -

yep super exicited

#24 Posted by Dj (913 posts) -

Im kind of hesitant about it, Im worried the game will not have enough structure. I don't like games where I have to make my own fun.

#25 Posted by Kenzo287 (722 posts) -

It's lookin good. I'll get it when I upgrade my PC.

#26 Posted by MasterSplinter (636 posts) -

This was probably the most visually impressive game at E3. I am not a PC gamer, but I am definitely looking forward to it on 360.

#27 Posted by deskp (450 posts) -

im really excited! looks like a beautifull game, and fire is always fun x]

#28 Posted by thedapperswindler (28 posts) -

My jaw dropped when I saw wind-blown fire climb up a tree and crawl towards an enemy camp. Far Cry 2 looks to be on the money.
Really... did anyone else see this happen in a video? Maybe an E3 demo? It was damn cool looking.

#29 Posted by sleeprockss (200 posts) -

Cannot what it looks like what crysis should have been

#30 Posted by efrucht (639 posts) -

This game blows me away every time I see it! I can't wait for this!

#31 Posted by BulletHoles (24 posts) -

I can't wait for the map editor. I hope its similar if not better than the one in Far Cry Instincts

#32 Posted by DARKIDO07 (876 posts) -

I was going to get Gears of War, but after seeing this game I'm thinking about getting this game instead. Can only afford one yeah know?

#33 Posted by monkey523 (178 posts) -

I've been excited for this game since February, and now after the videos from E3, October can't come fast enough!

#34 Posted by Bennyishere (1685 posts) -

I'm hyped! I especially enjoy the part in the trailer where he shoots the guard in the leg and then wait for the other to pick him up... and then BLAM

#35 Posted by Walreese55 (508 posts) -

this looks awesome. gamespot, yes i still go there because the E3 coverage is the best out there and it's still cool cuz all the assholes got fired, has amazing coverage of it. their demo was the best i've seen.

#36 Posted by giyanks22 (2681 posts) -

I am really looking forward to this game. Especially after I saw the Stage Demo at E3. I really thought this game looks unique, fresh, crisp, and fast paced.

#37 Posted by target_render (41 posts) -

This is going to be the most ambitious shooter  ever.   Huge, open world.  Challenging A.I.   Amazing physics and day and night cycles.    Beautiful graphics, a ton of gameplay and multiplayer being included.  Oh, and don't forget the  awesome map editor!   what more could you ask for?     I know it's going to be amazing.    A definite day one purchase for me.

#38 Posted by wizzardjeff (172 posts) -
yeah its one of my most anticipated games coming out this year
#39 Posted by Fontan (318 posts) -

I just hope the AI works right. Usually, when someone promises ground-breaking AI, its sloppy and doens't accomplish everything that was intended. This game is dependent on it's complex AI to work properly, and I hope it does live up to expectation.

I'm eager to see it in motion personaly when it comes out.

#40 Posted by CaleShepard (100 posts) -

I am not excited actually

#41 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -
CaleShepard said:
"I am not excited actually"
Don't bother elaborating on that, or anything >.<

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.