Fez language translator

#1 Posted by evilwallpaper (7 posts) -

I made a quick little translator to help with decoding the in game text. You'll need to input all the letters yourself, I didn't want to spoil anything.

http://evilwallpaper.co.uk/fez/

#2 Posted by Robo (799 posts) -

Nice work, duder. That's awesome.

#3 Posted by 1p (760 posts) -

@evilwallpaper: Good work, i appreciate that you kept it spoiler free.

That said, could you make version that has the letters? Just to make it easier. You could have a spoiler warning.

#4 Posted by evilwallpaper (7 posts) -

Try the Konami code. :)

#5 Posted by 1p (760 posts) -

@evilwallpaper: Thanks, you dun good.

#6 Posted by YoThatLimp (1908 posts) -

How did everyone translate this language? I feel like a dolt not being able to do it myself. I only have one artifact, am I missing something?

#7 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5144 posts) -

@YoThatLimp said:

How did everyone translate this language? I feel like a dolt not being able to do it myself. I only have one artifact, am I missing something?

In English the are letters that appear more often then other letters like E, A, O... and also words the appear more often like "the". Try working your way from there.

There might be an easier way to do it but I don't know about it, still have no idea how to decipher the numbers though.

#8 Edited by TheMasterDS (2066 posts) -

Doesn't work for me. Dunno why, don't need it to though, I've been getting used to sight reading it. Very slowly though and I still don't know certain letters. 

It's sort of funny how some letters look a lot like their English forms if you can make your brain see it that way. It's remarkable. Like GOOD looks the same almost.

#9 Posted by corganmurray (34 posts) -

Thank you so much! A friend of mine told me about your translator just as I found the quick fox, and I'm loving it. It has saved me a tonne of time without spoiling anything. Thanks again!

#10 Posted by golguin (3928 posts) -

@YoThatLimp said:

I was planning on using the old wheel of fortune rule of RSTLNE on words that could have only been "a" "i" "it" "to" "as" "the" and so on until I randomly came across a thing that gives you all the letters with their english translation. The catch is that you need to be old enough to recognize the phrase unless they still teach it at school.

#11 Posted by Ricansoldier23 (22 posts) -

To be honest the alphabet was the only thing I could not figure out. English is my second language and I never heard of that phrase in my life.

#12 Posted by BBQBram (2236 posts) -

That seems highly useful. Thanks!

#13 Posted by injection18 (1 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.