Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Dec 15, 2011

Final Fantasy XIII-2 is a direct sequel to Final Fantasy XIII released by Square Enix in early 2012.

Spoiler-y future DLC talk.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ZenaxPure

As the title says, crazy spoiler talk from here on out. Read at your own risk if you haven't beat the game yet, side quests as well!

So for those out there have also beat the game now - has anyone else done the Blitz side quest yet? I have to say on it's own I actually really liked it. All the characters having their call signs being similar to Lightning since they all worked together back in the day was just a cool little touch that made Lightning feel more like a person. Wasn't really expecting any sort of character development stuff for her in the game, also Odin is pretty sweet too (apparently can break 10k HP at max level).

Anyway, my main point of this thread is to talk about the super fucking obvious Sazh dlc that got set up in this quest chain. Once you finish the quest a message from Sazh plays where he talks about how since the end of 13 he has been out doing his own thing but now he is in a bit of trouble. Afterwards you obtain a fragment that says he "woke up in a palace" sounding a bit confused as to where he was/what was going on. It also implies that something has happened to Dajh again and Sazh is out there to perhaps save him. 

And that's that. I did that side quest a bit ago and it doesn't seem like any more Sazh stuff is popping up so I can only imagine this is leading to Sazh-related story DLC where it explains what he has been doing this whole time. During the final sequence of the game it also seems to hint that he had been into some deep trouble up until then, I am pretty sure Hope even mentions something like that. 

So, any thoughts? Sazh was probably the most popular character of the original cast so it wouldn't shock me if he got his own DLC. What I am curious about is how would it play? Surely they would have to add new party members, right? I doubt Sazh would have the ability to summon 2 monsters and playing as 1 character would sort of defeat the whole point of 13 and 13-2's combat.

drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By drac96

I'm glad to hear that Odin gets good later, because I was starting to think that he wasn't good at all.

As for Sazh, I really hope that he has his own DLC. When I beat the game I started thinking that it would be easy to do story DLC for Lightning, Snow, Hope, and Sazh. They all had roles to play in this game and we don't know what they've been doing for the past three years. Sazh was one of my favorite characters from 13, while not many other people liked him. I remember reading an article an gametrailers that talked about how they wanted to make Sazh related DLC

Also, I found this article today to back up my theory that there will be character specific dlc. I liked this game a lot more than I thought I would, so I want to see as much content as possible.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ZenaxPure

Yeah, I read that article this morning as well and I could see it happening.  

Also further stuff (spoilers ahead as well), I got the paradox ending for refusing to enter the warp gate Alyssa fucks with at Academia 4XX and Snow comes to arrest her then says Hope is going to be assassinated in 3 days and leaves Noel there to protect him as Snow and Serah hop onto a motorcycle and literally fly off on an adventure to collect "13 fragments" or something like that. If that isn't some sort of DLC setup I don't know what is... Though to be fair I would totally pay cash to play as Snow flying around on a motorcycle going on adventures. 

That said it makes me wonder because having story DLC related to an alternate timeline and alternate ending seems really weird, I figured that if he had story DLC it would be about how he got a l'cie brand again and vanished during Sunleth. Though to be fair given all the time travel stuff all of that could be incorporated into 1 story DLC and make perfect sense.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Morrow

@Zenaxzd said:

Sazh was probably the most popular character of the original cast

Huh? U serious? I guess that totally went past me... he was the character I liked the least.

However, I'm much more looking forward to the additional Lightning episode.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @Morrow: didn't say your favorite character, I said the favorite of the majority :P 

Even in threads where people talk about how much they hated the story and such there always seems to be some appreciation for Sazh. 

As for Lightning story DLC, I am curious what it will cover. There is very obvious things in the game hinting at Sazh's stuff and to a degree Snow's stuff but almost nothing gives any sort of idea for Lightning related story content. Unless it's stuff that takes place after the game but given that SE registered that xiii-3 website I think we're more likely to get a real sequel than any more story bits that take place after the main game.
    Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Morrow

@Zenaxzd said:

@Morrow: didn't say your favorite character, I said the favorite of the majority :P

yah yah, just giving my two cents :P

The Lightning episode could give you info on either under what circumstances and why she got petrified/crystallized or it will continue, as you said, after the main story. I mean, the main ending isn't really an ending (at least not a satisfying one), and the other paradox endings are just a little bonus and not really valid alternate endings (in my opinion).

Concerning FF13-3: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/02/04/final-fantasy-xiii-2-director-toriyama-explains-to-be-continued

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @Morrow: I tend to think of the paradox endings as some sort of bonus thing as well but the Snow one is really freaking weird. There are oddly specific details in there that make it sound like a video game-y adventure that shouldn't be there otherwise. I mean that thing has a bigger cliff hanger than the legit ending: 
    • Snow says Hope is going to be assassinated in 3 days and leaves Noel there to protect him, but he never says WHO is going to kill Hope. What is the point in any of that other than story setup?
    • He doesn't have the l'cie brand he had in Sunleth. Either this is a Snow from a different timeline and he doesn't have it at all, or this is the same Snow and this is actually taking place for Snow before it takes place in Sunleth.
    • He grabs Serah (and her ability to summon monsters!) and flies off into a time portal to go on a quest to find 13 crystal fragments because he is on a "special mission". Sounds like 3 playable party members to me.
    That last thing in particular just screams "holy shit DLC adventure" imo, I mean why would they be so specific about what they are doing if this is just a random paradox ending? Compared to all the rest of them this seems like some sort of setup to something else. Also something to keep in mind the paradox ending takes place in Academia 4XX which following the path of the story is the "main/corrected" timeline since they changed the events of Academia 400.

As for that interview, I read it a few days ago on a different site and I don't think it's anything too surprising. Personally I don't think they will actually sell the ending as DLC (mostly because of the website registration) but that's just my opinion on it. To be honest I thought the ending was perfect until the stupid to be continued popped up, but I felt invested enough afterwards that if this is just a cliffhanger for another sequel I am fine with that. If it's so they can sell some proper ending down the line then that is sketchy but I have my doubts that is the case.
    Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Morrow

@Zenaxzd said:

That last thing in particular just screams "holy shit DLC adventure" imo, I mean why would they be so specific about what they are doing if this is just a random paradox ending?

Well since they already anounced a Snow DLC this is most likely the setup for it, but it still provides you only with little info. Just saying, they could also add DLCs without these additional paradox endings, so I just find them not very significant.

I'm usually not a "happy ending shipper" or anything (in fact I like stories with a darker tone and twists and some sadness and blah), BUT for the 13 storyline I really would have wished for a happy ending. I've been finding myself very immersed in the environments and grew a liking to the characters, more than to other videogame characters in some time. And I LOVE Academia (4xx). To see all of that consumed by chaos after you spend the whole game (I finished it after 35 hours) trying to save the world feels... so very unsatisfying!

I mean, basically the same happened in Prince of Persia ( i know I know, bad comparison), after spending hours restoring every bit of the world the player decides to resurrect Elika, therefore setting Ahriman free and bringing damnation all over the world once again... I was ok with that. Really. But for 13-2 and all it's characters I just wish for a better fate.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @Morrow: Oh, well, to be fair I think your definition of unsatisfying is different than anyone complaining about the ending being unsatisfying (as in they think they got jipped and a real ending will be DLC or some crap). Your feelings toward it sound a bit different than that, which I agree with a bit. I mean the cast of 13 especially have had some pretty hard lives and it's easy to feel bad for them. Those guys deserve a happy ending by now for all the hell they've been through. 

I think the PoP 2008 comparison is pretty good actually, it's very similar. Too bad we'll never get a sequel to that game though... :( 
    Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Morrow

@Zenaxzd:

I usually don't complain, haha :D I don't see my point of view as the epitome of what should be (although it should, haha :D)

FF13 was my first major Final Fantasy (not counting all the handheld spin-offs), and while I agree with some of the points of criticism (being too linear mostly), I greatly enjoyed it. I can't compare it with the other FFs, but I don't understand the ppl who completely rip these games apart. Most franchises lose in depth over the time, but creating games like this is still a great accomplishment. I think there are way too many ppl who just don't "want" to like the game. I think if you try to see it from a more objective point of view, you will have lots of fun with it ^^

But haters will always be there...

Oh, so you played it? ^^ Over here not many ppl liked PoP 2008 and also had LOTS of complaints, I liked the gameplay tho and the dialogues between Prince and Elika were funny, they had great chemistry for artifical characters ^^

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @Morrow: Yeah, I agree. Too many people go into it wanting to hate it, I assume mostly because it's not a remake of whatever their favorite game is. I mean even on the bombcast last week when they started talking about FF Patrick was immediately like "remake FF6 omg!" Stuff like that kind of annoys me to be honest... I want more new games from Square, not constant remakes of stuff I can already play. 

Also PoP 2008 is one of my all time favorite games, loved everything about it :P
    Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Morrow

@Zenaxzd: Yeah, I know what you mean.

I don't know FF6, but I have to admit, after watching Advent Children, a FF7 remake with todays graphics would be awesome. But they'll never make it because the world of FFVII is too massive to rebuild it. Too bad tho, the characters are iconic, so it would sell great I think.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ZenaxPure

Looks like the obvious DLC was indeed super obvious, Sazh DLC is totally coming and will be centered around the the card game stuff.  There are some screens in that kotaku link. I am gonna guess just from those screens that the entire DLC will be focused around the card stuff and we won't actually get to fight as Sazh or anything which is sad times as someone who is a huge fan of the combat, but whatever seeing what Sazh has been up to will be worth it.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Petiew

There's some rumours for new arena DLC, Gilgamesh and a possible FF6 villain. Link

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.