Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

Combat fatigue?

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By natetodamax

So I'm about 19 hours into this game, but I've noticed something. I'll usually play for an hour or two one day and then take a break for a few more days before picking the game back up again. I think it's a good game and all, but besides the fact that there isn't much to do besides running forward to a cutscene or fight I think I'm suffering from combat fatigue. Meaning, of course, that after fighting a ton of enemies I can no longer find the motivation to keep fighting. The battle system is really good, but so far it hasn't really been compelling. I was wondering if things are going to pick up later on in the game. I'm definitely going to finish this, it's just that if the combat doesn't pick up it's going to take a long time.

fixerofdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By fixerofdeath

I played through and got to the open world area, then I found that it was veeerrryy boring. I really want to finish the game but I can't convince myself to do it.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ZenaxPure

What actual chapter are you on? The combat apparently "gets hard" at chapter 11 which should be enough to keep anyone having fun with the game hooked. 

Snide comments aside, once you can form your own party and start extending beyond the 3 default class roles many more customization options open up and battles can change dramatically in tone. There are some absolutely awesome fights in the later portion of the game, a lot of which are not optional as per usual with the best fights in FF being optional.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By natetodamax

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.