Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

Final Fantasy XIII, A game that haunts me.

KingPossum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By KingPossum

I put this game down at about 22 hours playtime a few months back and didn't think too much of it at the time. 

Now it seems that even though I put this game near the bottom of a full Gamefly queue, it was on the top of my list of games I'll be receiving in the next couple days. 
    Normally this isn't that big a deal if I get a game sent to me that I don't care much for. I'd just send it right back and hope I get a really good or newer game to try.  

That's how I received and beat Castlevania: Lords of Shadow last week.  (Great story, good combat mechanics, really could have used camera control mapped to right stick which ends up being rarely used in game, especially after I had just come off finishing Bayonetta

But it's different with this one, I haven't put down a game after investing this much time before (let alone an RPG) and this one was the first that I honestly gave up on without feel much remorse. It went back into it's envelope and I send it back without thinking too much about it and the achievements I missed out on.

So now it's coming back to me like a curse, somehow it ended up back on my list and overtook many other games I have been eagerly awaiting to play. Even though I have Dead Rising 2 sitting on my table waiting to be played, this challenge is on it's way to my mailbox and I decided I'm going to give it one more chance. 
    I can't promise I'll finish it quickly but I'll damn well try and get it done before October is through. I'm a bit worried that I'll have to relearn the combat system but I'm guessing a few long levels of grinding party battles should remedy that. 

A few more achievements and being able to step away from the game for this long might end up making it a better experience. 

KingPossum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KingPossum

I put this game down at about 22 hours playtime a few months back and didn't think too much of it at the time. 

Now it seems that even though I put this game near the bottom of a full Gamefly queue, it was on the top of my list of games I'll be receiving in the next couple days. 
    Normally this isn't that big a deal if I get a game sent to me that I don't care much for. I'd just send it right back and hope I get a really good or newer game to try.  

That's how I received and beat Castlevania: Lords of Shadow last week.  (Great story, good combat mechanics, really could have used camera control mapped to right stick which ends up being rarely used in game, especially after I had just come off finishing Bayonetta

But it's different with this one, I haven't put down a game after investing this much time before (let alone an RPG) and this one was the first that I honestly gave up on without feel much remorse. It went back into it's envelope and I send it back without thinking too much about it and the achievements I missed out on.

So now it's coming back to me like a curse, somehow it ended up back on my list and overtook many other games I have been eagerly awaiting to play. Even though I have Dead Rising 2 sitting on my table waiting to be played, this challenge is on it's way to my mailbox and I decided I'm going to give it one more chance. 
    I can't promise I'll finish it quickly but I'll damn well try and get it done before October is through. I'm a bit worried that I'll have to relearn the combat system but I'm guessing a few long levels of grinding party battles should remedy that. 

A few more achievements and being able to step away from the game for this long might end up making it a better experience. 

CharleyTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By CharleyTony

Don't feel too bad about this, I bought  FF13 and I played a couple of hours (I'm currently at the huge field where you start getting hunting missions) and I completely stopped playing it. It still baffles me, as I am a huge FF fan, that I haven't been enjoying this game. 
    Just to think how this game is perceived now that it has been out for a couple of months makes be wonder what Square Enix was thinking when making it.  

I really miss the "Honoribu Sakaguchi" FF games...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.