SHOULD I SELL MY SIGNED COPY OF FF13? vote now!

Posted by markB0SS (104 posts) -

-Yup here it is. My signed collectors edition of Fantasy 13. I got it at the end of a fantastic game launch which I covered (VIDEO HERE) . My friends whom were'nt in the queue actually bought me the game and then handed it down to me so I could get it signed. Not only this but out of this years releases Fantasy 13 has been one of my most anticipated games to look forward to along with Alan Wake and Dead Rising 2.

And yet I want to sell it. Why?

YOU GUESSED IT! Cause it kinda sucks.

If your on the internet for longer then 15 minutes youve probably already heard about what the gameplay consists of - walk down a narrow pathway, battle sequence, press A (X), Walk down narrow pathway, cutscene, REPEAT.

And its true.

Screw this 30 hrs it gets better crap, I dont really wana go through that to get to the supposed good stuff.

Or do I? See Im kinda tempted to see if it REALLY does magically get better. Hence one of the reasons im in this dilemma. Plus theres the fact that ITS SIGNED by the producer and writer/director (not sure), which is a pretty cool thing to have. My first actual signed game I believe.

So in comes you guys, my fellow gamers. GAMERS OF THE WORLD UNITE! I reach across to you, across the highway of the interwebz for your input. Across four gaming blogs. VOTE!

EBAY OR KEEP?

www.twitter.com/markb0ss

www.youtube.com/markb0ss

#1 Posted by markB0SS (104 posts) -

-Yup here it is. My signed collectors edition of Fantasy 13. I got it at the end of a fantastic game launch which I covered (VIDEO HERE) . My friends whom were'nt in the queue actually bought me the game and then handed it down to me so I could get it signed. Not only this but out of this years releases Fantasy 13 has been one of my most anticipated games to look forward to along with Alan Wake and Dead Rising 2.

And yet I want to sell it. Why?

YOU GUESSED IT! Cause it kinda sucks.

If your on the internet for longer then 15 minutes youve probably already heard about what the gameplay consists of - walk down a narrow pathway, battle sequence, press A (X), Walk down narrow pathway, cutscene, REPEAT.

And its true.

Screw this 30 hrs it gets better crap, I dont really wana go through that to get to the supposed good stuff.

Or do I? See Im kinda tempted to see if it REALLY does magically get better. Hence one of the reasons im in this dilemma. Plus theres the fact that ITS SIGNED by the producer and writer/director (not sure), which is a pretty cool thing to have. My first actual signed game I believe.

So in comes you guys, my fellow gamers. GAMERS OF THE WORLD UNITE! I reach across to you, across the highway of the interwebz for your input. Across four gaming blogs. VOTE!

EBAY OR KEEP?

www.twitter.com/markb0ss

www.youtube.com/markb0ss

#2 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

As someone 30 hours in, I can say that it marginally gets a little more diverse and open and challenging, but not necessarily better. But then I enjoyed these 30 hours enough that I did not have to force myself forward (fifth ark excluded, what a horrible piece of chocobo droppings of a dungeon)

Sell it. Yes.

#3 Posted by Marz (5653 posts) -
#4 Posted by WitchHunter_Z (882 posts) -

Personally I'd keep it, it's a cool collectable even if you don't like the game.

#5 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

Sell it.

#6 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

I think that's Yoshinori's signature?  That's a pretty cool one to have.  I'd probably keep it.

#7 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

Keep it.

#8 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -
@Marz said:
" yes :) "
Wow what the hell. Stop linking to that site.

@markB0SS:
I'd personally keep it but you don't seem to value sweet video game loot as much as me. So you may want to sell it.
#9 Posted by RaccoonusDoodus (324 posts) -

I would keep it.
A signed collector's edition? Even if I hated the game, I would keep it. It's just a cool thing to have.
In my opinion.
But I actually like FF13.

#10 Posted by Marz (5653 posts) -

Sell the game, keep the case is another option.

#11 Posted by Yummylee (21661 posts) -

Sell it, but for no less than £500. Otherwise just keep it asa collectors item....or make use of it as a cup coaster.
#12 Edited by Steve_C (1751 posts) -

I kept mine, though I kinda liked the game in the end.

#13 Posted by synysterd (19 posts) -

Keep it boss it does get better well i enjoyed it

#14 Posted by Sweep (8863 posts) -

I'd not only keep it, i'd frame that shit. It's pretty awesome :D

#15 Posted by Mr402 (144 posts) -

Game is shallow like a dirty mud puddle.   Sell that shit and get what ya can now.   It's not like there will be a working 360 in the future when the game is actually worth something.   

#16 Posted by xyzygy (9996 posts) -

I honestly think you're crazy for selling it. But that's just me, I liked to collect games and stuff... plus I love this game to death :P

#17 Posted by Ninjakid7396 (291 posts) -

depends if you  like the game

#18 Posted by Daniel_Newton (1166 posts) -

Dude keep it, not only is it signed but it was bought for you by someone else!

But yeah I'd keep that it's pretty bad ass, and I'm not ever really in to Final Fantasy.

#19 Posted by Relys (984 posts) -

Sell it

#20 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Sell it in 10 years. For now seal it up and put it away for storage.

#21 Posted by habster3 (3595 posts) -

Keep it. I mean, it's been signed and all and it would be a cool collectible. Maybe a long time from now, you can sell it for a decent price.

#22 Posted by C2C (855 posts) -

Do whatever gets you more money.  If you think its gonna be worth more to sell it later, then wait it out.  

#23 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2054 posts) -

I love the game, so I wouldn't, but this is your decision. If you really don't like it and need the money then go for it.

#24 Posted by chronicsmoke (996 posts) -

Personally Id keep it (Ive got an autographed copy of test drive unlimited that Ill never give up)  but thats just me I like to collect videogames and swag

#25 Posted by atheistium (352 posts) -

Keep it :3

#26 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

You can probably make some good money off of that, dude. Sell it.

#27 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

No.

#28 Posted by Atomasist (2818 posts) -
@Lambert said:
" I like to touch men and club baby seals.   "
You disgust me.
#29 Posted by DocHaus (1332 posts) -

If you like having a cool collectible on your shelf, then keep. If you want extra money or a better game and don't care about the sentimental value, then sell.

#30 Posted by Random88 (284 posts) -

Theres a signed PS3 copy on ebay going for about £74 right now.  It's the standard edition but has the HMV exclusive sleeve.  Kind of a good indicator for what kind of money you can expect.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Final-Fantasy-XIII-13-Signed-HMV-Exclusive-Sleeve-PS3_W0QQitemZ330420730718QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS?hash=item4cee9c3b5e

#31 Posted by markB0SS (104 posts) -
@Random88:  awesome thanks dude, I was thinking around the £100 price point.
@DocHaus:  youve pretty much nailed it. And im leaning towards selling it.
@TheGreatGuero: hopefully
@Lambert:  yayyyyyyyyy, thats the plan! :D
@chronicsmoke: cool man! im guessing you actually like the game though? 
@InfiniteGeass:  yes i need the mow-nay
@C2C:  yeah if I put it up on ebay, im deffo gonna set a reserve price. Prob around £100 But that does seem to be a popular decision to hold back on it. Guess it could be worth loads more laters on.
@habster3: ^
@MrKlorox: ^^
@Newten: Well, it WASNT a gift. I soon paid my friend afterwards.soooooo should be alright. Right?
@Ninjakid7396: at the moment. not really tbh dude
@xyzygy:  yeah but dude, you ACTUALLY like the game. I dont :/ hence this could go to someone whom could get the most out of it... LIKE YOU ;)
@Mr402: lmao!! so true 
@synysterd: you called me 'boss' hence I shall take your comment into deep consideration! :) 
@Steve_C: is that because it ended?
#32 Posted by markB0SS (104 posts) -
@Meowayne:  yea see for me, it would be like a chore. uber sad face. 
@WitchHunter_Z:  is it really? I mean its not like the game is widely successful, quite mixed reviews. 
@EvilTwin:  lol, dude i have no idea, i just went up there and was like... SIGN IT! 
@JJWeatherman:  Ive lost that anal need, thankfully! would make me bankrupt
@RaccoonusDoodus: LMAO!! i love that post, its like your making a point and then you end it with 'but i like ff13'. dude thats why youd like to keep it!
@Abyssfull: SIR! I LIKE BOOBIES, AND I LIKE YOUR TAKE ON BOOBIES! ... basically I like your idea.
#33 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

Keep it.

Then sell it a decade later. Collection items cost more over time, or well that's normally the case.

#34 Posted by Bones8677 (3243 posts) -

Keep it. It would be rude to sell it.

#35 Posted by The_Big_Rough (225 posts) -

SELL IT!!!!!! MONEY = WIN!!!!!!!

#36 Posted by Shadow (4980 posts) -

If you don't like it, that's your thing.  I love the game, but I'd say keep it regardless.  If it's signed by anyone important (can't read that handwriting), it'll only go up in value.

#37 Posted by WickedFather (1733 posts) -

Sell it.  I had a few things signed by Cliver Barker and Neil Gaiman that were doing nothing for me, but when they turned into beer and scrubbers I was delighted.

#38 Posted by Lawrens (688 posts) -

Sell it if you don't like it, keep it if you do, pretty simple.

Of course you'd probably get more money from it 10 years from now, maybe..

#39 Posted by FirePrince (1763 posts) -

It may be awesome,but it's like a shit encrusted in gold;It may look nice,but under the nice cover is a terrible thing. 
Sell it.In 10 years or so.
#40 Posted by theMuse (208 posts) -

Give it to me for $1.

#41 Posted by KingX (220 posts) -

ebay the stuff.. and try and get your hands on a signed copy of FF4,5 or 6 instead :P

#42 Posted by MingZ (38 posts) -

Keep it, You may sell it over $100k in a few years time, just look at how much the old NES Games and those older yet good game can sell now

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.