Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 22, 2010

The second MMO in the Final Fantasy series, famous for its tumultuous launch and subsequent rebirth by a new development team.

New Project Leaders Means Free Subscription & Delayed PS3 Launch

newmarcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By newmarcom

The game must be getting a lot of constructive suggestions and criticisms (I know I sent in a few) to get SquareEnix to swap in a new team. So until they get settled in and announce a new plan, the game is now a free subscription and the PS3 version is delayed because they are not risking  "a simple conversion of the Windows version" with the original March 2011 date.

from The Official Lodestone Site

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

...has Square done anything good since they merged with those fuckers at Enix and hired that prick Wada? 

EDIT:  Everyone from Square left too, the only one left with any talent is Nomura.

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By PufferFiz
    @KaosAngel said:
    " ...has Square done anything good since they merged with those fuckers at Enix and hired that prick Wada?  "
    lol no they havn't
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By mordukai
    @KaosAngel said:
    " ...has Square done anything good since they merged with those fuckers at Enix and hired that prick Wada?  EDIT:  Everyone from Square left too, the only one left with any talent is Nomura. "
    Enix pretty much ran the good name of FF to the ground. I think the last game from them I truly enjoyed was Drakengard. Then again, they only were the publishers for that game. 
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By JJOR64
    @KaosAngel said:
    " ...has Square done anything good since they merged with those fuckers at Enix and hired that prick Wada?  EDIT:  Everyone from Square left too, the only one left with any talent is Nomura. "
    There was Dragon Quest VIII and Kingdom Hearts series, but that one is a Nomura joint.
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By FunExplosions

This post confuses me. You guys should be talking about what was actually written in that link. They're listening to their fans and they're changing their entire business plan. They're delaying the PS3 version so that they can put out the brand new changes that they're going to be making. Just read the link. This is awesome news for Final Fantasy fans.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By SeriouslyNow

I dunno, smells of desperation.  Too little, far too late.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By BabyChooChoo

For the past few months it's been "yo we fucked up, we're trying to fix it now though!" Will the game get better? Probably. However, I can safely say most people who quit already will feel burned and have no intentions at all of ever coming back. Hell, even their Japanese fans were pissed. When an MMO has such a bad launch as this, it's next to impossible to recover. This game will probably become profitable in a few a months, but the sub numbers won't be anything to brag about.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.