In general do Really Like Final fantasy games

#1 Posted by sohail12345 (46 posts) -

Yeah there are always fun

#2 Posted by DirrtyNinja (715 posts) -
Final Fantasy in any form is shite. Just my opinion of course. By the way TC, shocking English, just giving you a heads up.
#3 Posted by zitosilva (1840 posts) -

I think I like about 1/3 of them. The rest is just too average.

#4 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -

Final Fantasy is lame, in my opinion.

#5 Posted by Megalon (1392 posts) -

You might get a better response if you describe what you like about the series or facilitate discussion in some way, TC.

I've been a fan since the NES days, and just started playing IV on the DS. I completely dug FFXII, so I'm really looking forward to XIII.

#6 Posted by Bellum (2944 posts) -

I liked FFVII. The story was just good enough to get me through the ass gameplay.

#7 Posted by Webby (720 posts) -

Yea most of them are fantastic. The one was that I have been really dissapointed with quite recently (well a few years ago) was Final Fantasy X-2. I loved X but X-2 im not a fan of.

#8 Posted by Snail (8595 posts) -

I find this topic useless and will start a great argument between fanboys and haters of the game (most likely).

I'm not a fan of the game by the way, I prefer other JRPG's (like Kingdom Hearts).
#9 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

I love Final Fantasy games but I have been missing out because the latest Sony system I had was the original Playstation. I can't wait for XIII!

#10 Posted by BoG (5187 posts) -
sohail1234 said:
"Yeah there are always fun"
Protip: In most cases, the more body your post has, the better, especially when beginning a topic. Why do you think they are fun? What makes them fun? Why do you like them? Discussion is more easily created when you set the bar, and put ideas out there for potential discussion.

Personally, I have always enjoyed the series. I enjoy the battle systems, the different character customization systems in each game, the stories, the characters, and environments. The only one I really didn't like was X, because I hated the characters, which really brought the story down, and I felt the battle system is the weakest in the series. There is also a part of me that doesn't like FFVIII, but the other half of me that loves it. Sure the story became ridiculous halfway through and the game was one of the easiest I've ever played, but I liked the junction system (though it could be tedious at times) I liked the characters (I am personally baffled that I really do like Squall), the first half of the story was soooo good, and I love the environments and music.
The best FF games, in my opinion, are V, VI, and IX, because they were, quite simply, the most fun to play. Picking just one aspect that those three titles shined, I would say that V had the best gameplay of the series, VI had the best story, and IX was simply great overall.
#11 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -

I hate FF. And i think they suck. Buts the just my opinion, im sure people find them enjoyable. Then again, i hate JRPG's.

#12 Posted by Disgaeamad (1342 posts) -

Wait, people hating on Final Fantasy, yet respecting the opinions of the people who like it? GiantBomb, you continue to amaze me.

#13 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -

I've only played FFX, FFX-2, and FFXII. So I don't have any experience with the other games. But I liked FFX and FFXII, and I can't wait for FFXIII

#14 Posted by TimesHero (680 posts) -

I would find it more interesting if they westernized the combat system.  Turn-based combat on anything other than Pokémon does not interest me at all.  Personally, I'm waiting for the Game that is a cross between FF/Phantom Dust/Zelda

#15 Posted by banned8921 (1246 posts) -

I like 7-10 because they are fun.

#16 Posted by zitosilva (1840 posts) -
TimesHero said:
"I would find it more interesting if they westernized the combat system.  Turn-based combat on anything other than Pokémon does not interest me at all.  Personally, I'm waiting for the Game that is a cross between FF/Phantom Dust/Zelda"
They changed the combat a lot in XII. Problem is, they changed it so much that the only good thing about the game is its combat.
#17 Posted by jakob187 (21665 posts) -

Who the fuck used Final Fantasy VII as the "Final Fantasy Franchise" main image?   -_-

Fuck FFVII.

FFVI is where it's at.

Either way, I dug IV, VI, IX, and XII, as well as Tactics and Tactics Advance.  Other than that, they can all eat a fucking chode.
#18 Posted by TripMasterMunky (2402 posts) -

Overall, it's a pretty good series. But I think it's overrated. A lot of the game are very similar to each other, and I hate the grinding that needs to be done before the final boss for some of the games. My personal favorite is probably....VI I guess?

#19 Posted by DarkSeraphim (237 posts) -

Final Fantasy always has amazing storylines, and if you don't like it, state why, so we can have a diverse conversation. And if you don't like it, don't get mad, we all have different opinons. :D If you do like it, thats awesome too. BLAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#20 Edited by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

The original bunch were great. I haven't played many of the PS games

I enjoy Final Fantasy II (not IV, II) the most
#21 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -

I pretty much like any game that is a turn based RPG. I just absolutely love em.

#22 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

It's really hit or miss, and despite the gameplay not being too hot for the majority of them, the music and story is definitely enough to keep coming back.

For example, I couldn't care less about the game part of Final Fantasy VI, but the whole package was incredible.
#23 Posted by eclipsesis (1242 posts) -

FInal fantasy is awsome, i'll take on any mother bitch who says otherwise lol but seriously

#24 Posted by TripMasterMunky (2402 posts) -
Red said:
"It's really hit or miss, and despite the gameplay not being too hot for the majority of them, the music and story is definitely enough to keep coming back.
For example, I couldn't care less about the game part of Final Fantasy VI, but the whole package was incredible.
"
Yeah, I think I'd agree most with that. Gameplay wise, all the Final Fantasies are pretty much the same give or take a few features. The gameplay is never what draws me in really. It's fun at first, but towards the end of the game with usual bosses and grinding it gets sort of repetitive. But the music and story are definetly the high points that keep my interest. It's like you said, the whole overall package is pretty decent and keeps me coming back for the sequels, even though I already know what to expect.

Final Fantasy VI just had a lot of cool scenarios I liked. The crazy raft scene, the opera scene, all the re-appearances of that crazy octopus thing. I liked 10, but I think 6 is really the game that holds my heart.
#25 Posted by TooWalrus (13169 posts) -

I liked final fantasy IV a lot, but i've never felt like finishing some of the others i've started. I really want to play VII, but it's impossible to play that for the first time now...

#26 Edited by L33tfella_H (901 posts) -
BoG said:
"sohail1234 said:
"Yeah there are always fun"
 There is also a part of me that doesn't like FFVIII, but the other half of me that loves it. Sure the story became ridiculous halfway through and the game was one of the easiest I've ever played, but I liked the junction system (though it could be tedious at times) I liked the characters (I am personally baffled that I really do like Squall), the first half of the story was soooo good, and I love the environments and music.The best FF games, in my opinion, are V, VI, and IX, because they were, quite simply, the most fun to play. Picking just one aspect that those three titles shined, I would say that V had the best gameplay of the series, VI had the best story, and IX was simply great overall."
Agreed on VIII, and i think IV, VI and IX are some of the best games in the series.

Bellum said:
"I liked FFVII. The story was just good enough to get me through the ass gameplay."

Opposite for me really, i think the story was something a 3 year old wrote, but all the gameplay they squeezed in made it an overall fun game that  was destroyed by the fans.
#27 Posted by Gamer_152 (14072 posts) -

I think the Final Fantasy games are very good.

#28 Posted by kitsune_conundrum (1202 posts) -

The best FFs were always the first on the platform ie...7 and 10. So I have high hopes for 13. I just noticed theres a new platform every 3 FFs. hmm

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.