Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy

Franchise »

Final Fantasy is Square Enix's most famous and successful franchise and has been going for more than 35 years. With the impending release of Final Fantasy XVI, there are sixteen numbered mainline games, with dozens of spin-offs.

In general do Really Like Final fantasy games

sohail12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By sohail12345

Yeah there are always fun

DirrtyNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DirrtyNinja
    Final Fantasy in any form is shite. Just my opinion of course. By the way TC, shocking English, just giving you a heads up.
    zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By zitosilva

I think I like about 1/3 of them. The rest is just too average.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Cube

Final Fantasy is lame, in my opinion.

Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Megalon

You might get a better response if you describe what you like about the series or facilitate discussion in some way, TC.

I've been a fan since the NES days, and just started playing IV on the DS. I completely dug FFXII, so I'm really looking forward to XIII.

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
    deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I liked FFVII. The story was just good enough to get me through the ass gameplay.

webby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By webby

Yea most of them are fantastic. The one was that I have been really dissapointed with quite recently (well a few years ago) was Final Fantasy X-2. I loved X but X-2 im not a fan of.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Snail

I find this topic useless and will start a great argument between fanboys and haters of the game (most likely).

I'm not a fan of the game by the way, I prefer other JRPG's (like Kingdom Hearts).
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By wefwefasdf

I love Final Fantasy games but I have been missing out because the latest Sony system I had was the original Playstation. I can't wait for XIII!

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By BoG
    sohail1234 said:
    "Yeah there are always fun"
    Protip: In most cases, the more body your post has, the better, especially when beginning a topic. Why do you think they are fun? What makes them fun? Why do you like them? Discussion is more easily created when you set the bar, and put ideas out there for potential discussion.

Personally, I have always enjoyed the series. I enjoy the battle systems, the different character customization systems in each game, the stories, the characters, and environments. The only one I really didn't like was X, because I hated the characters, which really brought the story down, and I felt the battle system is the weakest in the series. There is also a part of me that doesn't like FFVIII, but the other half of me that loves it. Sure the story became ridiculous halfway through and the game was one of the easiest I've ever played, but I liked the junction system (though it could be tedious at times) I liked the characters (I am personally baffled that I really do like Squall), the first half of the story was soooo good, and I love the environments and music.
    The best FF games, in my opinion, are V, VI, and IX, because they were, quite simply, the most fun to play. Picking just one aspect that those three titles shined, I would say that V had the best gameplay of the series, VI had the best story, and IX was simply great overall.
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pibo47

I hate FF. And i think they suck. Buts the just my opinion, im sure people find them enjoyable. Then again, i hate JRPG's.

Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Disgaeamad

Wait, people hating on Final Fantasy, yet respecting the opinions of the people who like it? GiantBomb, you continue to amaze me.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Demyx

I've only played FFX, FFX-2, and FFXII. So I don't have any experience with the other games. But I liked FFX and FFXII, and I can't wait for FFXIII

timeshero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By timeshero

I would find it more interesting if they westernized the combat system.  Turn-based combat on anything other than Pokémon does not interest me at all.  Personally, I'm waiting for the Game that is a cross between FF/Phantom Dust/Zelda

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By zitosilva
    TimesHero said:
    "I would find it more interesting if they westernized the combat system.  Turn-based combat on anything other than Pokémon does not interest me at all.  Personally, I'm waiting for the Game that is a cross between FF/Phantom Dust/Zelda"
    They changed the combat a lot in XII. Problem is, they changed it so much that the only good thing about the game is its combat.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17  Edited By jakob187

Who the fuck used Final Fantasy VII as the "Final Fantasy Franchise" main image?   -_-

Fuck FFVII.

FFVI is where it's at.

Either way, I dug IV, VI, IX, and XII, as well as Tactics and Tactics Advance.  Other than that, they can all eat a fucking chode.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
    deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Overall, it's a pretty good series. But I think it's overrated. A lot of the game are very similar to each other, and I hate the grinding that needs to be done before the final boss for some of the games. My personal favorite is probably....VI I guess?

DarkSeraphim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19  Edited By DarkSeraphim

Final Fantasy always has amazing storylines, and if you don't like it, state why, so we can have a diverse conversation. And if you don't like it, don't get mad, we all have different opinons. :D If you do like it, thats awesome too. BLAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#20  Edited By AgentJ

The original bunch were great. I haven't played many of the PS games

I enjoy Final Fantasy II (not IV, II) the most
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CL60

I pretty much like any game that is a turn based RPG. I just absolutely love em.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By Red

It's really hit or miss, and despite the gameplay not being too hot for the majority of them, the music and story is definitely enough to keep coming back.

For example, I couldn't care less about the game part of Final Fantasy VI, but the whole package was incredible.
    eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#23  Edited By eclipsesis

FInal fantasy is awsome, i'll take on any mother bitch who says otherwise lol but seriously

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
    deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Red said:
    "It's really hit or miss, and despite the gameplay not being too hot for the majority of them, the music and story is definitely enough to keep coming back.
    For example, I couldn't care less about the game part of Final Fantasy VI, but the whole package was incredible.
    "
    Yeah, I think I'd agree most with that. Gameplay wise, all the Final Fantasies are pretty much the same give or take a few features. The gameplay is never what draws me in really. It's fun at first, but towards the end of the game with usual bosses and grinding it gets sort of repetitive. But the music and story are definetly the high points that keep my interest. It's like you said, the whole overall package is pretty decent and keeps me coming back for the sequels, even though I already know what to expect.

Final Fantasy VI just had a lot of cool scenarios I liked. The crazy raft scene, the opera scene, all the re-appearances of that crazy octopus thing. I liked 10, but I think 6 is really the game that holds my heart.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By toowalrus

I liked final fantasy IV a lot, but i've never felt like finishing some of the others i've started. I really want to play VII, but it's impossible to play that for the first time now...

L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26  Edited By L33tfella_H
    BoG said:
    "sohail1234 said:
    "Yeah there are always fun"
     There is also a part of me that doesn't like FFVIII, but the other half of me that loves it. Sure the story became ridiculous halfway through and the game was one of the easiest I've ever played, but I liked the junction system (though it could be tedious at times) I liked the characters (I am personally baffled that I really do like Squall), the first half of the story was soooo good, and I love the environments and music.The best FF games, in my opinion, are V, VI, and IX, because they were, quite simply, the most fun to play. Picking just one aspect that those three titles shined, I would say that V had the best gameplay of the series, VI had the best story, and IX was simply great overall."
    Agreed on VIII, and i think IV, VI and IX are some of the best games in the series.

Bellum said:
    "I liked FFVII. The story was just good enough to get me through the ass gameplay."

Opposite for me really, i think the story was something a 3 year old wrote, but all the gameplay they squeezed in made it an overall fun game that  was destroyed by the fans.
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#27  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I think the Final Fantasy games are very good.

Avatar image for kitsune_conundrum
    kitsune_conundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The best FFs were always the first on the platform ie...7 and 10. So I have high hopes for 13. I just noticed theres a new platform every 3 FFs. hmm

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.