Wow Thank you Brad for spoiling this game for me.

• 103 results
Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I thought you meant Infinite and I was racking my mind trying to figure out what it was that he said on the Bombcast that could be interpreted as a spoiler.

Then I clicked the thread and saw the Big Daddy and immediately started laughing.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Akyho

I like this reaction from people. As I was in a nice talk with people on a another none gaming forum (FINE IT WAS AN ANIME ONE!) Someone was talking pretty liberaly about KOTOR and I went "aww man when you find out that ******* it was awesome!" (starred to save another thread like this!) and out of no were someones goes "Thanks I had intentions to play it and you spoiled it." I replied its a 7 year old game if you have not played it by now then your the one at risk.

Even the dude that was already pretty liberal on KOTOR went "Yeah you just dont do that!" then a fucking mod threatened me to watch it. So did this picture but in text form with films as I lost it. I left the forums and deleted my account since it got stupid and nasty.

@wrecks said:
No Caption Provided

Yes it wasn't a gaming site. However I like that I truly wasn't entirely in the wrong. Just one of those things that has stuck with me.....

Second note. I too have not played Bioshock 1 or 2. Completed infinite. I intend to play 1 and already know the "Twist" and I too was spoiled by Brad....except I went "Eh been out for years, my fault for not playing it sooner."

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So the general consensus is 5 years is the window to still warn people about spoilers?

mak_wikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Now I know not to listen to this Bombcast. Thanks, OP.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Woah dude spoilers!

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By 49th

I never finished Bioshock either but I don't mind that Brad spoiled it, it's an old enough game . It was weird hearing that Jack is four though.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Akyho

@jasonr86 said:
Persona 4 spoilers

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh. Dammit. I am not going to rage at you or else Id be a hypocrite...just disappointing it happened. It is just I am recently going through the ER of P4 for the first time on part 64, and never been spoiled about anything untill just now....uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh curse my luck.

Actualy to be honest. I dont know who that is.....I know the Naoto secret its freaking obvious.....so...um...The origami killer is!!!! BATMAN!!

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#58  Edited By Tylea002

I'm on the side of you should always warn people about spoilers, and be wary of them. It's just considerate, and it allows people to enjoy things without worrying about being too "late" or anything. Ten years from now, someone could go back and want to play Bioshock, and wouldn't it be excellent if they could have the same amazing experience as we all did back then? Anything can always be new to someone, and it's not like people don't think spoilers can't be talked about, they just like fair warning when they arise. And fair warning doesn't hurt anybody.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@49th said:

I never finished Bioshock either but I don't mind that Brad spoiled it, it's an old enough game . It was weird hearing that Jack is four though.

Yeah the scene where that is explained has the creepiest baby picture ever in it.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

It's been six years, get over it.

Aeris dies.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Loading Video...

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#63  Edited By DarthOrange

Spoilers for BioShock one in particular are not cool right now. The PS3 version of Infinite came with the first BioShock, I am sure there are some people still burning through it for the first time. What a dill hole.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

How have you missed that spoiler for this long?

Also, old-ass game.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

You are always going to spoil it for someone who has not played a game or seen a movie. Where do you draw the line? By this token you would never discuss plot points or have to say "spoiler warning" before every sentence.

Brad sometimes gets shit for spoiling recent releases but for a game this old, this is on you.

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snape kills Dumbledore!

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By SomeDeliCook

Have you played Bioshock 2?

Have you played Minerva's Den?

If not, play them. They both have their own unique twists.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By rollingzeppelin

There's been research that suggests that spoilers don't actually ruin the experience, but yeah, as everyone else ITT have said, it's been out far too long to complain about spoilers.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

Dude it's a 5 year old game.

In case you didn't knew. Five years.

konig_kei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By konig_kei

I thought the whole bioshock twist was "meh" along with the gameplay that was boring. Never understood why people liked it except for art and atmosphere.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By EXTomar

@konig_kei said:

I thought the whole bioshock twist was "meh" along with the gameplay that was boring. Never understood why people liked it except for art and atmosphere.

So jaded.

Basically no game had tried to do that kind of a twist in this era. To say it was "meh" undermines that no one was even trying.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#72  Edited By JasonR86

@akyho said:

@jasonr86 said:
Persona 4 spoilers

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh. Dammit. I am not going to rage at you or else Id be a hypocrite...just disappointing it happened. It is just I am recently going through the ER of P4 for the first time on part 64, and never been spoiled about anything untill just now....uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh curse my luck.

Actualy to be honest. I dont know who that is.....I know the Naoto secret its freaking obvious.....so...um...The origami killer is!!!! BATMAN!!

Heh. Sorry. Well, part of me is sorry cause I didn't want to spoil the game legitimately for anyone. But part of me is kind of happy cause I'm a jerk.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#73  Edited By awesomeusername

@mikkaq said:

It's a 6 year old game, dude.

(See I mixed it up a little)

Kudos for properly rounding

It's actually a 5 year and 8 month old game.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By awesomeusername

@themangalist said:

@ollyoxenfree said:

Spoiler: You are the Bioshock.

WHAT. Aww shit. Fuck you. Spoiling the whole franchise for me.

He's just kidding. YOU ARE THE LITTLE SISTER

@jasonr86 said:

People are being thrown in the TV by Adachi.

URT BVLESO EP YOU ASSHOLE I HATE YOU FUCK OFF DIE DRILL YOURSELF INTO A TV

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By NekuSakuraba

I just got the game spoiled for me, not by Brad but by watching a bioshock video and one of the users having a specific name that sort of gave away some "family connections" if you know what I mean?

And to think that after 6 years I was so close to beating it without spoilers and then this happened. Hopefully it doesn't matter much, right guys?.... Guys?

Alekss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Alekss

mwh

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I just got the game spoiled for me, not by Brad but by watching a bioshock video and one of the users having a specific name that sort of gave away some "family connections" if you know what I mean?

And to think that after 6 years I was so close to beating it without spoilers and then this happened. Hopefully it doesn't matter much, right guys?.... Guys?

That isn't the big twist. What you are talking about is revealed by the start of level 2.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By ripelivejam

dude it's a month old thread

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ripelivejam: Man, I was going to read this thread from the top but saw this first. Use spoiler tags next time, thanks for ruining the twist for me pal.

jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Thread is a month old.

2. Game has been out for 6 years. There's a statute of limitations on spoilers, and 6 years far exceeds it.

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really care about getting a game spoiled. For my friends who really do care, I agreed to follow the rule that after 1 year a game's release its fair to spoil it. While I understand you may feel somehow robbed of that "first hand experience", I can't Imagine not being able to talk about a pivotal moment movie, book, or TV show especially when your critic or analyze it. This is not directed at OP, just people who complain about spoilers.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By JouselDelka

I think it's a five year old game, dude.

I get the impression some people in the thread think that once a game has been out for a while, anyone who has any business caring about the plot should have already played it. If you said the same thing about films you'd be called an idiot (more often). I think it's unreasonable to expect spoiler-free discussion on a game that's a few years old, especially when discussing a sequel. Then again it's good etiquette to let people know you are about to divulge potential spoilers, regardless of the length of time that has passed since release.

I couldn't agree more! But this thread is funny nonetheless :)

@wrecks said:
No Caption Provided

I can't imagine the type of asshole who would sit down and actively design a big spoiler poster, ruining several movies for anyone who stumbles upon it.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If any form of narrative experience can be "ruined" by a simple sentence, it wasn't worth it in the first place.

The planet of the apes dvd cover is a huge spoiler, does not "ruin" the movie in the least bit.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude, it's a five year old game.

GenghisJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@levio said:

@nekusakuraba said:

That isn't the big twist. What you are talking about is revealed by the start of level 2.

I think you're forgetting a lot of Bioshock 1 or something, because there is a significant "family connections" plot twist WELL after level 2. I'm not even sure I'm remembering the thing in the second level you're thinking of, but I can all but guarantee it's not the significant moment that Neku is referring to.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#87  Edited By Deranged

Sorry to hear that the game was spoiled for you mate.

SonKite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jouseldelka: It's a t-shirt design: http://www.threadless.com/product/844/Spoilt

And this guy did design of it: http://www.ollymoss.com/

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce Willis kills Dumbledore in the Matrix the whole time.

Kidable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like Video Games have the best platform for amazing twists like Bioshock, yet are rarely utilised. It all comes down to storytelling I guess, and if devs even want to put that much effort and thought into that, but I really wish there'd be more "Snape Kills Dumbledore" of Video Games.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce Willis kills Dumbledore in the Matrix the whole time.

FUCK

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#92  Edited By tourgen

it's 2013 dude and your were listening to a 3 hour podcast about vidya games. Take some responsibility for a change.

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a 5 year old, dude.

chirotera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feanor Holy hell what the hell is your malfunction?

Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@chirotera: Its a 13 year old book? There are many spoilers in this thread younger than that. The point of this thread is that if things are old its okay to spoil.

chirotera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By chirotera

@feanor Even if you think you're being cute to prove a point I cannot believe you would be that dense. Seriously, there are no words for the level of stupidity you are putting on display.

I'm hoping, at the least, that you will remove your post before a mod is forced to delete it. If there was any hope, I'd hope they would ban your idiot ass.

Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

chirotera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feanor It's also an extremely popular TV show that hasn't yet reached that point in the narrative. So that point you're trying to make about spoilers never being too old, while a good one, is completely undermined by the ignorance you are putting on display.

It's not funny. At all.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@sonkite said:

@jouseldelka: It's a t-shirt design: http://www.threadless.com/product/844/Spoilt

And this guy did design of it: http://www.ollymoss.com/

Wow, what a dick. "CHECK OUT ALL THESE SPOILERS LOL."