#1 Posted by DarknessMyOldFriend (233 posts) -

I thought Brad did a great job on today's Bombcast. He was alert and engaged and just very clearly invested in the show. I don't know if it was the responsibility of being the nominal host or if the pressure caused him to forgo a pre-cast burrito, but I thought it was one of the better hosting gigs of the last year. He brought a lot of life to the show.

Maybe it was just E3 afterglow, but I thought it was a real good look for him.

#2 Posted by slindz (141 posts) -

If there is one way to stop Brad from getting sleepy, it's by making him host. Was a great Bombcast and makes me feel much better about the shifting of people, excited to see how Dan goes with the crew when he starts.

#3 Posted by AndrewB (7621 posts) -

Yes, it definitely keeps him more engaged in the conversation when he's the star. The days of sleepy Brad are over. I'm not entirely through the 'cast yet, but it's already been surprisingly awesome with a completely shifted staff. Good to see Matt and if Danny could be a regular that would make up for Vinny.

#4 Posted by Splodge (1619 posts) -

He did a great job. Podcast was snappy, discussions were engaging. Kudos Bradlington!

#5 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5517 posts) -

He fit in the hosting role real nice. It felt very focused and the discussion transitioned in and out of topics smoothly. Great job Brad!

#6 Posted by LiquidPrince (15950 posts) -

Brad was a great fucking host. I guess when he has to run stuff, he doesn't have time to get sleepy. Was really enjoyable, with a lot of good discussions.

#7 Edited by ripelivejam (3976 posts) -

wait is dan official as the new hire now? not the first time i've seen someone just out and say he is.

have to listen to this one, i never doubted brad's ability. :)

#8 Edited by Green_Incarnate (1788 posts) -

Brad talks.

#9 Posted by wemibelec90 (1672 posts) -

His decision to read that terrible, terrible e-mail ruined it for me.

#11 Posted by Slag (4409 posts) -

Brad did a really solid job. I really enjoyed it! I actually think he's better in that kind of capacity, always thought he is a great interviewer as well.

And having Rorie and Danny on really helped make it a great game focused cast that we haven't had for a long while.

might want to have someone else decide which emails to read though...

#12 Posted by RonGalaxy (3170 posts) -

Haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but he seemed awesome from what I listened to.

#13 Posted by mjk0104 (205 posts) -

Really nice work from Brad, he's not often in the drivers seat, but he really seems to know what he's doing, keeps things moving with interesting questions, keeps transitions nice and smooth, a good job all round.

Except for email choices, maybe get Drew or someone to do that...

#14 Posted by MachoFantastico (4700 posts) -

I have always thought Brad hides his talents through his sleepy persona, I always loved his interviews with developers.

#15 Posted by Strife777 (1581 posts) -

wait is dan official as the new hire now? not the first time i've seen someone just out and say he is.

If by Dan you mean Danny O' Dwyer, no, he still works for Gamespot. Dan Ryckert on the other hand..... very likely candidate, I believe.

I did think Brad was a very good host. Like others have mentionned, it gave him a push to be a bit more active. Gives a good argument for rotating hosts.

#16 Posted by HurricaneIvan29 (582 posts) -

The best hosts are positive and open-minded ones, not in your face I know what I'm talking about just agree with me ones... I'll leave it at that.

#17 Posted by Brightside (49 posts) -

I would be interested in further Bradcasts.

#18 Edited by slindz (141 posts) -

@wemibelec90: The poo fetish one? That was freaking disgusting but hilarious.

It hasn't been officially announced, but it has been maid pretty damn obvious by everyone involved.

#19 Posted by Fattony12000 (7421 posts) -

@brad was a very good podcast host.

#20 Posted by Rowr (5664 posts) -

I'm in favour of them rotating hosts to keep it fresh.

#21 Posted by development (2350 posts) -

If people could just accept that poop is the most hilarious subject on the planet we'd all be much happier.

#22 Posted by ThunderSlash (1731 posts) -

Now we just need Drew to host to complete the circle.

#23 Edited by Fattony12000 (7421 posts) -

Huh.

#24 Posted by El_Funko (33 posts) -

I thoroughly enjoyed this Bradcast

#25 Posted by adam1808 (1500 posts) -

Build in redundancies just in case someone important decides to upsticks and leave. Sound management strategy. They don't pay Jeff the big bucks for nothing.

#26 Posted by MjHealy (1852 posts) -

A year ago it was Ryan, Vinny, Jeff, Brad, and Patrick. A year later it is Brad, Rorie, Drew and Danny. Times have changed.

Kudos to Brad for his very good hosting debut.

#27 Posted by NTM (7383 posts) -

I got tired last night so halfway through I went to bed, and now I'm finishing it, but yeah, he's doing a good job and I wouldn't mind if he did it again.

#28 Posted by Viking_Funeral (1791 posts) -

I was surprised and impressed. Damn good work.

#29 Posted by Dross (307 posts) -

Brad was a great host.

#30 Edited by hollitz (1522 posts) -

He knocked it out of the park. If he feels comfortable/less-nervous about doing it in the future, I'd love to have him host again.

#31 Edited by Mister_V (1296 posts) -

It was a great podcast all round. Rorie really needs to be on the podcast more often.

But yeah Brad did a great job as host.

#32 Posted by SecularBaron (181 posts) -

The latest bombcast was awesome. That one email was kind of rough, but the others were good. I don't blame Brad, handling the emails is a huge step up from just saying "Emails."

#33 Edited by SomeJerk (3251 posts) -

I like change, I liked this. Maybe one day we could have Rorie, then Drew host. Would improve the feelings and comradery at the workplace switching roles.

#34 Posted by GiantLizardKing (447 posts) -

Fucking great show. Well done, @brad

#35 Edited by Evilsbane (4619 posts) -

I need to finish listening so I can hear this Email. But the first hour I have gotten through seems fantastic so far.

#36 Edited by hermes (1487 posts) -

I haven't finished it, but so far Brad has made a pretty decent job...

#37 Posted by datarez (552 posts) -

I just want to add to the chorus that Brad did a great job. This new "host Brad" is a lot better than "sleepy Brad."

#38 Posted by Catlicker (174 posts) -

As long as he does not run away to the bathroom in the middle of a section...

Just joking. Actually, he did a hell of a great job, as expected. The best Brad is the one who's in control.

#39 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3401 posts) -

Brad did a pretty good job. He kept the conversations on focus and it never felt like it when off topic too much.

#40 Edited by Jesus_Phish (802 posts) -

Brad did a great job. As much as Sleepy Brad is cool, Host Brad is cooler!

#41 Edited by Mcfart (1626 posts) -

@secularbaron said:

The latest bombcast was awesome. That one email was kind of rough, but the others were good. I don't blame Brad, handling the emails is a huge step up from just saying "Emails."

Lol.

Also yeah I like how he took the reigns. Obviously long-term it might seem too structured but this one was great. Struck a good balance between directing discussion and stepping back. I sometimes felt that Jeff stepped back a bit too often.

Ryan really was a magical host tho.

#42 Posted by LawGamer (207 posts) -

@thunderslash said:

Now we just need Drew to host to complete the circle.

You have to say, Drew is running a brilliant slow-moving coup.

#43 Posted by FLStyle (4707 posts) -

Great job Brad!

#44 Posted by DexterKid (668 posts) -

I didn't necessarily think it was a particularly outstanding episode or anything, but the idea of Brad hosting is a good one if it means he stays awake.

#45 Posted by BonOrbitz (2193 posts) -

Looking forward to hearing him as host!

#46 Edited by DarthOrange (3864 posts) -

That great podcast just made me even more sad that Brad is leaving.

#47 Posted by jimmyfenix (3855 posts) -

Yup Brad was great as host!!

#48 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1247 posts) -

Great job, Brad and crew! Very enjoyable, though I always enjoy the bombcast!

#49 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -

Brad was a great host. I'd argue he is better than Jeff.

#50 Posted by Rayeth (1043 posts) -

I think Brad and Jeff could trade off hosting to give some variety to the cast. It would be the best of all worlds. SHAKE IT UP.