Does anyone else dislike IGN podcasts post-Bombcast?

• 101 results
Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#51  Edited By Addfwyn

The only gaming podcast I listen to besides the Giant Bombcast is the 1UP Active Time Babble podcast, just because it's RPG focused and there isn't too much JRPG coverage on the bombcast.  ATB tends to cover both WRPGs and JRPGs as they come out, so I get my RPG fix there.  I occasionally listen to the Playstation Nation podcast, which is actually pretty entertaining. 

Never listened to any of the IGN podcasts, but they can't be worse than when Leo Laporte and company try to talk about gaming on TWIT.  

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#52  Edited By Enigma777

Hell yes! I used to listen to all the IGN podcasts but after I found the Bombcast (and in a lesser sense Weekend Confirmed), it's pretty painful to listen to them now. There's just so much stupidity there...

hexx462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By hexx462

I can't even imagine downloading an IGN podcast,  I'm feeling kind of nauseous right now just thinking about it.

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By mfpantst

The Bombcast is the only podcast I've listened to regularly since listening to the bombcast.  So Yes.

SaucyJack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#55  Edited By SaucyJack

I used to listen to nearly all of IGN's gaming podcasts. But now I stick mainly to Beyond and Game Scoop.

Flaboere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Flaboere

I tried a few out after seeing this thread, they didn't bite: heard 2, one with some girls talking about games, but it's really badly recorded so they're very quiet, but then someon laughs and my ears explode. Also another one, can't remember which, but they speedtalk like crazy! Don't know why they're in such a hurry! 

I've been hearing a WoW podcast, called The Instance, which is pretty good though.

nickux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#57  Edited By nickux

Not at all. I heartily enjoy Podcast Beyond, Knockin' Boots, and Game Scoop. I just have to beware any episode with Scott Bromley. 

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#58  Edited By triple07

Nope I like Gamescoop and a couple other of their podcasts on occasion. I like the Bombcast more but still I find them entertaining.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Cloudenvy

I don't, I like GameScoop, Beyond and the Knockin' Boots podcast. 

I like the Bombcast as well of course.

tobygw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: -1

#60  Edited By tobygw

This is me exactly. I listen to Giant Bomb and other Whiskey Media podcasts now as a normal routinely thing, and only the IGN ones if I've already heard them all.

Seroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#61  Edited By Seroth

I used to listen to all the main IGN podcasts. I was a big fan of Gamescoop. But then they started to dedicate sections of the podcast to providing love advice, which I thought was stupid. Then they decided to start dedicating ENTIRE PODCASTS to that. That's when I stopped listening. 

I used to listen to Three Red Lights, but then they literally stopped doing it for 3 months. It's started back up now, and Erik Brudvig is gone, so it might be better. I dunno.

I really liked Nintendo Voice Chat, but them Matt and Bozon left for Apple. At least Craig was still there...and now he's gone! I'll probably still listen if they actually do it regularly. >=[ 

That's probably the main reason I stopped listening to the IGN podcasts...with the exception of Podcast Beyond and maybe Gamescoop, they never update regularly. The Nintendo podcast sometimes just doesn't show up for a few weeks. As previously said, the Xbox podcast was on a 3-month hiatus. The PC podcast just dropped off the face of the earth after Jason Ocampo left. 

They also don't have podcasts during the holidays. I appreciate the fact that Giant Bomb usually records stuff in advance for that kind of stuff.

mpgeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By mpgeist

I still like to listen to TRL, when it shows up.

norsedudetr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#63  Edited By norsedudetr

I' ve listened to ign podcasts for about three years; and still struggle to tell Ryan Clements and Daemon apart. @Grimace

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#64  Edited By Jayross

I don't like the IGN website, but the podcasts are a lot of fun.

matti00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By matti00

As far as video game podcasts go I listened to The Hotspot over at Gamespot for years,, then when Ryan, Jeff et al started up on Giant Bomb I came over because it wasn't the same. I've been spoiled for years by these guys. I can still remember the Hotspot podcast immediately post-Jeff getting fired and people saying that they'd spend a good chunk of the last few days literally crying about it. Couldn't possibly go anywhere else now

1p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#66  Edited By 1p

Listened to almost all of them since the very beginning, but dropped everything except Game Scoop earlier this year. I mostly feel like their podcasts are intended for a different audience now.

• Game Scoop - Had some great laughs with it over the years. On the other hand, the relationship advice shouldn't be a frequent segment. I guess their audience must love it.
  • Nintendo Voice Chat - Used to be great for otherwise hard to come by info on Nintendo platform games. The Casa-Bozon-Harris combo was fun, and they were often championing small games that i would have overlooked otherwise. In the early Wii days, the slow realization of how much shovelware and how few quality games there were going to be was pretty painful to listen to, though.
  • Beyond - Earlier episodes were a lot of nonsensical fun. It kinda wore off eventually. Also, Chris Roper and Jeff Haynes left.
  • TRL - Some funny moments, but too self-indulgent. Jokes were repeated too much.

I like Greg Miller a lot, he clearly loves his job.

TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By TheGremp
@Chuggsy said:
" I have to be in the right mood. They can be pretty damn obnoxious and bro-ish from what I've heard. Bombcast is a lot more down to earth. "
How can they be down to earth when they're... 

NPfeifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By NPfeifer

I never listened to the IGN podcasts because IGN is sort of this bland brick of boring entertainment coverage. They come off as impersonal and silly. 

The first podcast I listened to on a regular basis was Garnett Lee's Listen UP! podcast starting with their E3 06 coverage when they still had their classic lineup of Lee/Davison/Smith/Bettenhausen. In fact, it was because of that podcast that I fell in love with 1UP.com altogether, including their absolutely awesome Broken Pixels episodes. Then, one by one, they whittled away. Smith and Bettenhausen going at it was hilarious, but Smith left first, then Davison fluxed in and out, and all of their third/fourth chairs were never quite consistent (although Ellis and Elliott were great). Then the whole UGO thing happened and then Lee left and they exchanged hosts every few months and I gave up this past summer when Ellis left. That site really went down the crapper quick. 

I started listening to the Bombcast a little over a year ago and I am so mad that I didn't start earlier. These guys are like family and they don't seem up for springing from the boat as soon as they can to some other company or a game dev. Their encyclopedic knowledge of the gaming industry has me in stitches when they make obscure, inside jokes. I was never a big fan of Gamespot while they were there, but GB has made me look back at those years a bit more kindly. They never had it so good.

BlazeHedgehog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#69  Edited By BlazeHedgehog

I started disliking most gaming podcasts post-bombcast.

And the ones I did like (Idle Thumbs, Retronauts, GFW Radio) ended up flatlining.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#70  Edited By csl316

I used to listen to Three Red Lights and Game Scoop, occasionally Podcast Beyond.  But I just don't like the new editors, they don't seem particularly interesting or funny.

AngriGhandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By AngriGhandi

I listened to Gamespy debriefings for a while, so I guess that counts.
Having a number of comedy-focused personalities trying their hardest to sabotage what was ostensibly a games-focused show led to some truly hilarious bits. 
Then they threw out that formula altogether and the whole thing went over a cliff.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By BaneFireLord

Never listened to them. The Bombcast is fantastic, though.

Avatar image for redcricketchase
RedCricketChase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By RedCricketChase

I used to listen to all of em, but Greg Miller's schtick got real, real old, and the others just started to bore me for some reason, apart from the TV podcast. Matt Fowler rocks my cocks

dontsleep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#74  Edited By dontsleep

I used to listen to all of the IGN podcasts.. but the amount of quality I get out of one bombcast is tremendous vs what IGN slaps together weekly with little or no editing.   

I relisten to older bombcasts rather than listen to what weak sauce IGN/1Up put together now.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#75  Edited By jakob187

There are other gaming podcasts besides the Bombcast?

Eggroll822

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Eggroll822

It's kind of weird, I listened to IGN podcasts for quite awhile along side the bombcast since the arrow pointing down days.  It's not that something has changed about IGN podcasts I just enjoy the banter and opinions of bombcast more.  Used to subscribe to Beyond, TRL, and even the PC one with Ocampo even though it was deadly boring at times.  I can recommend Beyond but the PS3 doesn't always excite me.  TRL gave me one of my biggest laughs from a podcast with their cobra commander thing they did when they called xbox service line.  Just overall bombcast provides a unparalleled look at the video game industry overall.  Even though I don't own an xbox or wii I can still appreciate whats going on all platforms.  When Jeff, Ryan, Brad, or Vinnie say something harsh about a game I feel like it's in a unbiased way most of the time backed by years of industry experience.  

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By hockeymask27

Well TRL died with the Jeff bell. Thats all i got to say about that. I'm a bombcast man.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#78  Edited By pweidman

They're terrible.  TRL especially.  Obnoxious, and self-centered.  They'll go on and on about the most trivial shit and laugh(disgustingly,lol) about stupid shit forever.  They sound like immature teens at times. I stopped listening a while back.   Wow not meant to sound so harsh but they suck...sorry.  Now 1up is much, much better.  Gamesdamnit  is pretty darn good...and Scooter, the host,  is just real unassuming, and down to earth.  The Bombcast and the guys here do spoil you though.
AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By AndrewGaspar

Used to be a big Podcast Beyond fan, but I've grown away from it, especially since I don't have a PlayStation anymore. =P I haven't listened to any podcasts in a long time, actually.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Vonocourt

I started disliking them before the bombcast, I had moved on to 1up when it was in its heyday because I started to find Greg Miller kind of grating. That was still when TRL would randomly pop up whenever they felt like it(which apparently is starting to happen again).

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By RE_Player1
@MyOldFriendUnderageDrinking: I used to be like you. Before I came to Ginatbomb I listened to all the IGN podcasts and read all their stuff, I thought they were cool guys. Than I listened to the bombcast... IGN looks like a bunch of retards in comparison now. 
gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#82  Edited By gla55jAw
@NorseDudeTR said:

" I' ve listened to ign podcasts for about three years; and still struggle to tell Ryan Clements and Daemon apart. @Grimace "

Hahaha. Ryan Clements sounds like the fake version of Daemon.

As for me, I still listen to GameScoop and Beyond. Knockin' Boots is also an awesome side podcast. I listen mostly because of Greg Miller.

But that's pretty much all I have to do with IGN. I don't really read any of their articles. I only use it for reviews that pre-date Giant Bomb.
Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Gruff182

I still like Gamescoop, Beyond and Girlfight. But I also don't have a weird man-crush on the GB crew, like alot of the kids on this site do.

I still prefer Giant Bombcast to all the IGN ones though, they all have their merits.

Though, I will say. Talkradar UK is slowly becoming my favourite podcast. Theres a geezer on it called Matt Cundy, who cracks me up. Deffo the funniest dude on a gaming podcast.

sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#84  Edited By sickVisionz

I still like the Gamespy Debriefings, Keepin It Reel and Gamescoop.

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By fjordson

Honestly, I enjoy listening to Podcast Beyond. Not as much as stuff like the Bombcast or 8-4 Play, but it's a good listen. Greg Miller is a funny dude. As is Jim Reilly when they manage to get him on.

Not really into any of the other ones.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#86  Edited By big_jon

Three red lights is terrible.
ejm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By ejm

I'm trying to listen to the IGN UK Podcast, which just became the No 1 Podcast in the country on iTunes... 

Bombcast has spoilt me on 'Bros who get along and are funny' thing since IGN is like that with a dash of 'twat'.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#88  Edited By natetodamax

I wasn't even into podcasts until the Giant Bombcast came along.

pottsynz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By pottsynz

Knockin' Boots rocks, who doesn't want to get railed on a boat landing?  Only thing with their podcasts is they put on people with  bland on air personalities, like Arthur and Jim.
If Miller left I'd probably stop listening to Gamescoop etc. 

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By sameeeeam
@natetodamax said:
" I wasn't even into podcasts until the Giant Bombcast came along. "
thespartandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By thespartandon

I generally don't like IGN as a whole, I think their editors & staff come across as arrogant and hypocrites.  

The Podcasts I listen to on a regular basis are the Bombcast (obviously) Sarcastic Gamer Red, Blue & UK, The Drunk Tank, Both Joystiq podcasts (Xbox & Normal one)  

I've also started listening to Weekend Confirmed lately, but I'm not sure whether I like it yet. The discussions are good but I'm not sure whether I like the hosts yet.

Avatar image for sharpshotapollo
SharpShotApollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By SharpShotApollo

I used to listen to a lot of the IGN podcasts, but then they changed. I was a Dunam/Roper era listener of Beyond, TRL listener until Clayman, Brudvig and Onyett left and a Cassa/Bozon era NVC listener. I still listen to Game Scoop! and The GameSpy Debriefings. They've also changed so much it's almost hard to recognize them anymore. I've always been a Bombcast fan. Used to listen to the guys back on Gamespot. I pretty much left when they left. The only reason I have an account over there is because of the member giveaway they do once and awhile. I'm not a fan of the new MyIGN. I've met a lot of cool people, but I don't like how unorganized it is and their boards suck balls. I was an IGN blogs user until the MyIGN rolled out. Now it just depresses me since it was a pretty tight community, now there are a lot of fanboy fucks and asshats running around. I've been finding myself on Giant Bomb way more than IGN anymore. They say changes are coming. I'll believe it when I see it. If people like Hilary, Daemon, Arthur, Anthony, Greg. Charles and Walter didn't work there, I'd probably not visit the site anymore. It's sad, cause I used to really like a lot of the editorial staff. I miss the old day. I haven't had that issue with Giant Bomb. It's always been awesome.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#93  Edited By EpicSteve

It's a shame to. I dig the personalities of the site and enjoy hearing their opinions about games. They just seem to bullshit too much on their podcast. 

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#94  Edited By big_jon

Three red lights is so bad.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#95  Edited By demontium
@MyOldFriendUnderageDrinking said:
" I used to be quite a fan of the various IGN podcasts (and the site in general), but now that I've been sticking with GIantBomb for a while, and having just created a profile, IGN fucking sucks! Anyone else feel the same? "
Well it just so happens that the start of the bombcast roughly co-insided with the absence of matt c., mark bozon, and Craig Harris (in regards to the nintendo podcast, which is the only one i thought was good on IGN). Now Nintendo only has freelance guys on the job or something.
Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#96  Edited By Cube

Bombcast is the only podcast I listen to.

vendetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#97  Edited By vendetta

The only one I listen to is the GameSpy Debriefings, and they never even really talk about games. Just utter hilarity.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By DystopiaX

IGN is terrible.

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#99  Edited By PerryVandell

I listened to their 360 podcast for about 10 minutes and decided that was enough. My ears weren't being raped during those 10 minutes, I was just bored.

skywing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By skywing

I did listen to Podcast Beyond a while ago during the old Gamespot days but once GB got started I quit that one. 
I recommend to anyone looking for an entertaining serious podcast check out weekend confirmed it's not bad but not as good as bombcast, not even close.