• 176 results
zonerover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By zonerover

I've had my fair say on this topic, most of which is slightly negative in tone. So I'm going to give the chance to turn this slamfest into an opportunity.

Why don't we give Leigh Alexander the chance to come onto the next Bombcast?

I know most of the complaints about her previous appearances have been based on her behaviour (inturruptions, bad comments etc.) and her loud voice overwelming last two podcasts she was on. Clearly if she is going to be on the next Bombcast, a prerequisite of doing so would be that she fall into line with the behaviour expected of guests that come onto the Bombcast. I think with the "controversy" surrounding her appearance at least within the Giant Bomb community, this would be a chance to get some strong ratings (I think more people would be curious than annoyed to boycott such a show), give her the proper chance to weigh in on the situation, as well as provide a way to shine a postive light on her contributions to videogame journalism. I don't claim to follow her work, but I have read some good stories from her. If Jeff, Ryan, Brad and Vinnie think its a good idea, this will be her chance to redeem the situation. 

Note: I'm not claiming to have come up with this proposal, but I don't want to "dob" anyone in. So if you're the person/people who mentioned the idea and want to show some support, now would be a good time to come forward.

And BTW, if this happens please keep the side conversations on the show to an appropriate level. <>

Combined Edits

The stuff below is taken from responses I've had to people below in the thread. I've bought it up so that new readers understand where I'm coming from with this:

I agree that doing this would be an admission that something went wrong in the last podcast. In posting this idea, I was thinking that this would spark more unnecessary conversation about something which I want calmed down. However, rather than be silent and pretend it didn't happen, I think the right response would be to actually prove that this is possible - all the other locked threads are specifically about how bad the last podcast was. Proving this is possible would really make people calm down.

By virtue of posting this, I know this is going to go to the top of the Giant Bomb home page. If it helps to promote the idea I guess its a good idea, although it will probably fan more hatred over the "And That Was E3" Show in the short term. @Jimbo: I don't want to see any more hated over her as you can see to my previous forum posts. However, over the last day, I'm seeing continual posts directly and indirectly (<>) referencing the show, so I doubt that this discussion is going to add too much to that negativity.

Also if you notice, the only other allowed thread for this discussion at the moment was made more than a month ago and before this entire situation began. Some of the negativity was coming in before her most recent appearance. By proving that she can do a good job on the show, this might put a longer term end to most of the negative discussion.
StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By StaticFalconar

<>

gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By gearhead

I believe she left for New York after E3 ended.

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By KarlPilkington

If they want her and she wants to, sure. A chance for redemption might be nice.

zonerover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By zonerover
@Gearhead said:
" I believe she left for New York after E3 ended. "
Jeff and Ryan for the Bombcast Beta AKA 'Arrow Pointing Down' did it via Skype. I'm sure that if the team worked out live streaming, they would be able to get Skype working again. Anyhow, this would surely be the stepping point to having Rich Gallup being on every week (I know it would happen but Alex and Matt would never set up a movie/TV site).
CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CptBedlam

That probably would only make for a really awkward podcast during which she out of spite hardly says anything or apologizes all the time.

No need to further fuel this discussion. It's better to just let everyone calm down.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Tylea002
@StaticFalconar said:
" <> "
Mrskidders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mrskidders

another Leigh thread, just what we need.  Let it die for fucks sake.

zonerover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By zonerover
@CptBedlam said:

" That probably would only make for a really awkward podcast during which she out of spite hardly says anything or apologizes all the time.  No need to further fuel this discussion. It's better to just let everyone calm down. "

I agree that it would be an admission that something went wrong in the last podcast. In posting this idea, I was thinking that this would spark more unnecessary conversation about something which I want calmed down. However, rather than be silent and pretend it didn't happen, I think the right response would be to actually prove that this is possible - all the other locked threads are specifically about how bad the last podcast was. Proving this is possible would really make people calm down.
CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CptBedlam
@zonerover:  I doubt that further discussion would make people calm down.
Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Jimbo

Stop making something out of nothing, it's boring. 

She wasn't anything like as bad this year as last year.  Not even close.  There were maybe a couple of spots, but that's obviously just who she is - if you really want to blame somebody for that then blame GB for inviting her again or blame the host for failing to control the podcast.

zonerover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By zonerover
@CptBedlam: What I meant is the conversation after a successful Bombcast. That way, people may look at the last two occasions she was on as boosefests and accept that she can do a good job on the show

By virtue of posting this, I know this is going to go to the top of the Giant Bomb home page. If it helps to promote the idea I guess its a good idea, although it will probably fan more hatred over the "And That Was E3" Show in the short term. @Jimbo: I don't want to see any more hated over her as you can see to my previous forum posts. However, over the last day, I'm seeing continual posts directly and indirectly (<>) referencing the show, so I doubt that this discussion is going to add too much to that negativity.

Also if you notice, the only other allowed thread for this discussion at the moment was made more than a month ago and before this entire situation began. Some of the negativity was coming in before her most recent appearance. By proving that she can do a good job on the show, this might put a longer term end to most of the negative discussion.
Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jimbo
@dudeglove:  Sorry, all copies of it were destroyed with fire.
gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By gunslingerNZ
@Jimbo: Totally agree, I just finished watching it and she barely even talked for the first hour of the show. The only mistake she made was the $775 million thing and that's hardly something to get up in arms about. A lot of the criticisms people have are totally unfounded.
unchained

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By unchained
@StaticFalconar said:
" <> "
For the love of god, someone tell me what the fuck this means. I was away the last two days on a business trip, and haven't really gotten into the day 3 bombcast yet. The ustream archive is borked, but I did see a youtube clip of the $775 million trainwreck. The dudes were throwing up the DDP, but I still don't get it.  

Send me a PM if you need to.  
9cupsoftea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By 9cupsoftea

Yes, I completely agree. Give her another chance to just be a normal sober guest on the podcast.  

All of this hate and venom is really sad and reflects badly on both our community and her. Having just a good podcast with her on would put it all in the past and stop (most of) the bad vibe from going down in the annals of the internet.

Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#18  Edited By Jost1

As long as a guest has something interesting or funny (or both) to say, I'm happy! Anyone's welcome on it again as far as I'm concerned but I'm just a listener.

zonerover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By zonerover

I'm happy to see a steady trickle of agreement for this to happen. Let's keep this giant non-explosive bomb moving...

DaveC524

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DaveC524

wouldn't this be the third time she joins the GB crew on the bombcast? she made an ass of herself the first time, apologized, made an ass of herself on her second visit, apologized for her first time DURING her second visit, and to top it all off, bashes the GB community on her twitter. why the f---should we allow her back? not like this.

<>

Fbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Fbomb

I quite honestly would avoid any podcast she's involved in. I would not tune in because of controversy--there is none in my mind. She's at best an obnoxious blowhard in love with her own voice and opinions, and at worst a drunken reminder of people who shouldn't drink in public.

Zaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By Zaph

I really hope that every E3 they save the day three Bombcast so it can be the train wreck featuring Leigh Alexander. It's now part of the GB lexicon, lets keep the tradition.

Hopefully 12months will be long enough for her to lick her wounds and buck up the courage to come back. If not, give her a couple drinks for some Dutch courage ;)

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By trophyhunter

She's annoying and the bombcast is over get the fuck over it

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Nah dude.  We got to wait until next year's E3, and then she needs to drink even more.  Her crashing an E3 bombcast is an annual tradition.

The_Patriarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By The_Patriarch

No thanks. 

Let's have Carrie Gouskos or Greg Kasavin instead please. 2 people Id love to hear on the bombcast. 

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#26  Edited By JJWeatherman

I was thinking the same thing earlier. Maybe she can come on a bombcast that isn't a drunken E3 bash and seriously talk some games. Also, Ryan could prepare in advance and turn her microphone down to about 60%.   :P

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SlasherMan

As long as her mic is turned down to 0, and she doesn't say a word, then sure she's always welcome.

Otherwise, no. Just no. I've had enough of her for the next 10 years.

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By yakov456

I have not heard this podcast yet, but no one can be worse then the Jared guy who sat in. That "guy" is an instant buzz kill and I still made it through those shows so I'm sure it's not so bad as to make all of this drama.

AndrooD2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#29  Edited By AndrooD2

If she wasn't drinking, it'd probably be just fine.

blair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By blair
@DaveC524 said:

" wouldn't this be the third time she joins the GB crew on the bombcast? she made an ass of herself the first time, apologized, made an ass of herself on her second visit, apologized for her first time DURING her second visit, and to top it all off, bashes the GB community on her twitter. why the f---should we allow her back? not like this. <> "

Agreed.  The OP is a moron.  How many times does something need to fail before you let it die?  It's evidently clear that a large part of the community didn't want her on to begin with, not to fucking mention a third time.
Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Unchained said:
" @StaticFalconar said:
" <> "
For the love of god, someone tell me what the fuck this means. I was away the last two days on a business trip, and haven't really gotten into the day 3 bombcast yet. The ustream archive is borked, but I did see a youtube clip of the $775 million trainwreck. The dudes were throwing up the DDP, but I still don't get it.   Send me a PM if you need to.   "
it's the Sims icon above sim people's heads. Apparently one of the promo teams for the Sims 3 console version were doing this and the GB team imitated it on the ustream.
leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#32  Edited By leebmx

I have to say this is hilarious, she is a bit loud twice and that's enough to drive everyone mad??? I thought the Staples Centre thing was comedy gold if that annoyed rather than amused you need to sort it out. The thing I thought was sad was that it seems to be her receiving an email telling her to kill herself that forces her to leave the show.....that is really pathetic. People have got to think if they would have the guts to say the things they say online to someone's face, and if not don't fucking type it. 
 I want her back next year but this time feed her some mushies or something - this could be a theme, a seires of Bombcasts with Leigh toasted on a different substance each time - NEXT WEEK it's MESCALINE!!!

DaveC524

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DaveC524

my sources told me she pouted like 775 million times. prove me wrong, Wikipedia it.

Mrskidders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Mrskidders

You are all funny getting so angry at a drunk guest on a gaming podcast.  Just forget about it, does it really matter in the grander scheme of things.  Whats complaining going to change.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#36  Edited By ez123
@Mrskidders said:

" You are all funny getting so angry at a drunk guest on a gaming podcast.  Just forget about it, does it really matter in the grander scheme of things.  Whats complaining going to change. "

What's complaining about the complaining going to change? Just forget about it. 

Oh and I don't like this idea but it's their choice and they already brought her back once.
Mrskidders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Mrskidders
@ez123: Ssshhhh
ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#38  Edited By ez123
@Mrskidders said:
" @ez123: Ssshhhh "
Oh damn, you decrypted my reply.
vager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#39  Edited By vager
@Unchained:  

Happens a number of times when ever Leigh does her thing.
chogi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By chogi

let's have this conversation a year from now shall we?

<>

skippyscissors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By skippyscissors

"Speaking words of wisdom 
Let it be"
<>

JamesM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#42  Edited By JamesM

This thread is ridiculous. You people are ridiculous.

megaplushie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By megaplushie

<>

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44  Edited By JJOR64

<>

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Coombs
@Chabbs0 said:
" If they want her and she wants to, sure. A chance for redemption might be nice. "
That's what she had on the livecast....
To redeem herself from last year
chogi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By chogi

<>

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ryanwho

15 seconds are up. Miley's photoshopped muffin is the flash in the pan now, sorry yesterday's cartoon.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By MrKlorox

What? The E3 thing WAS her chance for redemption. She failed it.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#49  Edited By RobotHamster

<>

klaptos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers