• 148 results
The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By The_Ruiner

No offense to Jeff's hosting skills, but Vinny killed it this week. He was really great on the HotSpot and this week I loved the enthusiasm and the return of the music. The fun radio show vibe Vinny brings is a nice approach and I'd like to seem him continue to host the show more often in the future.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm literally 45 seconds in and I love him. The intro mix. Holy shit. That was incredible. Man, I've been listening to this podcast for a long time...

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think I would want him to replace Jeff as the host, but I definitely got a kick out of this week's bombcast and the unique vibe he brought to it. The music he chose to introduce the segments was so great.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

He sure is.

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By RedRoach

Yeah, My favorite era of Hotspot was with Vinny as host. I always loved Rich and then Jeff, but Vinny did such an amazing job in late 07.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

Vinny is a great everything.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By iamjohn

Vinny is the best host.

FTFY.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redroach said:

Yeah, My favorite era of Hotspot was with Vinny as host. I always loved Rich and then Jeff, but Vinny did such an amazing job in late 07.

Yep, Vinny was an awesome host on The Hotspot. I'll listen to this weeks bombcast while I'm farming for stuff on the community Terraria server.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Vinny IS Giant Bomb for me personally

Genfuyung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Genfuyung

There is nothing that Vinny isn't the best at.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinny did stellar job really enjoyed it

ikilledthedj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinny really brings the game sometimes much love

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By MetalGearSunny

I honestly wish he would host every week.

And have Patrick Skype in every week...

eh whatever

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Wasn't Vinny hosting the Hot Spot back in the day?

In any case of course Vinny is great. Vinny's always great.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metalgearsunny said:

I honestly wish he would host every week.

And have Patrick Skype in every week...

eh whatever

I agree about Patrick. I understand why they don't have him Skype in for the whole thing, but it would be nice just for the news section.

aajf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By aajf

I was honestly somewhat surprised that Vinny didn't takeover from Ryan. Of course Arrow Pointing Down started as Jeff and Ryan's podcast, so it wasn't that much of a surprise, but Vinny is such a great host, both on screen and in the booth, that I thought he might get a shot. I would like to hear him hosting more often or even permanently, though I very much doubt either of those things will happen.

edit - and having Patrick chime in briefly was also much appreciated. Sounded substantially better than most skype podcast guests too. Again, I'd like for that to happen more often, but I guess the impetus for it happening this week specifically was his TedX appearance.

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#17  Edited By Daneian

I thought he was fucking great. Even that Squarespace ad was funny as shit.

And i thought skyping Patrick in for the news was great. It somehow made it feel like an actual news show.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aajf: It was pretty much always Jeff that took over for Ryan when he wasn't available so it seemed the most logical fit to me.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I haven't listened yet, but it's no secret that Vinny is the secret weapon of this whole site. Everyone wants more of him.

Armoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Armoes

A little off topic, but I live Vinnie stories. When he talks about Vinny time, his son Max (dad-casts via tested), or Wife out of town Fast Food Shame - it's Gold.

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#21  Edited By Trilogy

V bomb straight killed it this week. I honestly wouldn't mind him doing it from here on out. He certainly has the pedigree from back in the hotspot days. Whether or not he wants that responsibility is a whole other situation. I'm just grateful he's still working with GB.

I actually really enjoyed the vibe of this week's podcast in general. Very up beat and lively. Maybe it had something to do with not having Jeff chime in with how much he doesn't like whatever thing is being discussed at the moment. Don't get me wrong, I like Jeff a lot. It just nice to get a vacation from it.

aajf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik: True, true. Vinny, to me at least, seems a little better at marshaling everyone through and keeping things tight, same way he's often the one to make sure certain features of a game get highlighted just before a quicklook wraps up. But whatever: ultimately the bombcast is the bombcast and I love it every week, even when there's an hour of speculation about robotic eyes in the future before they start talking vidya games.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

they should just alternate every other week, keep it fresh.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By KaneRobot

He's good, but I wouldn't want to hear it every week. It's nice to have a SPECIAL TREAT once in a while, but that's what it should remain.

I strongly support the loose/unguided feel that Jeff leads the show through. Keep it that way.

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

Didn't Vinny take hosting duties a lot on the HotSpot? I really miss that. I think Vinny's completely awesome.

Jeff's great too. I dunno. I was kinda hoping Vinny would take over for Ryan when he was the MC for the memorial podcast. It's nice to have variety one way or another. I miss the consistent structure of Ryan's podcasts (the music cues, etc. not that it wasn't completely garrulous but still...)

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trilogy said:

I actually really enjoyed the vibe of this week's podcast in general. Very up beat and lively. Maybe it had something to do with not having Jeff chime in with how much he doesn't like whatever thing is being discussed at the moment. Don't get me wrong, I like Jeff a lot. It just nice to get a vacation from it.

I don't ever really want a Jeff-less anything. But I think he works better when he's not worrying about hosting. He has so much loud, awesome raw energy when someone else is worrying about hosting. As a host he seems like he's not totally into it. But when he plays the Second chair he's so full of crazy jokes and stories. I dunno I'd like them to at least try it and if it don't work then it don't work.

lun49gameon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By lun49gameon

I wonder how the podcast would be if Bradley Shoemaker hosted it for once.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The sad thing is, Jeff probably wont relinquish his hosting duties, even though vinny is much better suited for it.

Avatar image for thephantomstranger
ThePhantomStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That opening was amazing.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@naru_joe93 said:

The sad thing is, Jeff probably wont relinquish his hosting duties, even though vinny is much better suited for it.

This is an absurdly presumptuous statement. What basis do you have to believe that Jeff would not want anyone else to host, or that Vinny would even want to take over permanent hosting duties? You make it sound like Jeff is some kind of dictator and forced his way into the position, regardless of what anyone else wants.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it would be a neat idea if they switched off weeks, or, if people tend to like Vinny's hosting way more, just switch over permanently.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Could've just stopped at the word "Vinny", and you'd have me on your side.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By RonGalaxy

@zeik said:

@naru_joe93 said:

This is an absurdly presumptuous statement. What basis do you have to believe that Jeff would not want anyone else to host, or that Vinny would even want to take over permanent hosting duties? You make it sound like Jeff is some kind of dictator and forced his way into the position, regardless of what anyone else wants.

Because Jeff is in charge of the site, and he's the type of dude who knows exactly what he wants when it comes to the site. Not saying he's a dictator or anything and I'm not saying Vinny wants to be host. But if Vinny did want to be permanent host, I really don't think Jeff would relinquish his placement. And not for selfish reasons, but because he feels he's the best man for the job and that it feeds into his vision for this site (the site he leads and created)

Honestly, I don't even think the question would ever arise amongst them; the assumption (probably) is that Jeff wants to be host, because Jeff IS host. If Jeff didn't want to be host, he wouldn't have been doing it for the past 3 months. Like I said, he's a dude who knows what he wants, especially when it comes to this site. He has a rigid vision for it

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Zeik

@naru_joe93: I completely disagree. I don't feel like Jeff ever really wanted to be the host, but was kind of forced into due to obvious circumstances. I very much believe that if one of the others was confident enough to take over hosting duties and everyone agreed they were more suited for that role Jeff would gladly play second fiddle just as he had been before.

Obviously I don't believe he would just hand over the role to whoever. I'm sure he's doing it now because he believes he is best suited for it, but I'm also confident that was agreed upon by everyone and not just because Jeff said so. Giantbomb may be "Jeff's site" in a lot of ways, but I've never gotten the impression he only does what he wants and doesn't consider input from the others.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

have to admit the amount of effort he put into it was pretty stunning given his transportation difficulties and myriad of production duties. the man knows how to produce a bomb 'cast!

(no offense to jeff but he also seems to know how to keep it nice and tite, beyond: two souls segment notwithstanding)

i love both of their styles tbh. in a perfect world they can trade off duties every other week or summat. we get fast and loose Jeff, then radio producer/DJ extraordinaire VinnDogg the next week. EVERBODY WINZ.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By RonGalaxy

@zeik said:

@naru_joe93: I completely disagree. I don't feel like Jeff ever really wanted to be the host, but was kind of forced into due to obvious circumstances. I very much believe that if one of the others was confident enough to take over hosting duties and everyone agreed they were more suited for that role Jeff would gladly play second fiddle just as he had been before.

Obviously I don't believe he would just hand over the role to whoever. I'm sure he's doing it now because he believes he is best suited for it, but I'm also confident that was agreed upon by everyone and not just because Jeff said so.

I hope you're right, because he really is better suited for it. He has an overwhelming sense of curiosity that makes every question and answer feel more meaningful.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Belegorm

This week's bombcast was the most enjoyable for me personally for a long time :) I was pretty disinterested in a lot of what they talked about, and would've liked to hear more games that they played over the weekend, but still it rocked.

Also Patrick skype was pretty good; particularly the not-tinny sound quality and the lack of delay.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Zeik

@naru_joe93: To be clear, I don't actually agree that he's better suited for it. I enjoyed this week's bombcast a lot, it was an entertaining change from the norm, but it still felt kind of off. Maybe with time Vinny would feel more natural, but I don't think he's an inherently better host, just different.

DeadeyeMcCoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was great. I'd love to hear what it'd be like to have Vinny hosting with Jeff present. Vinny's boisterous wackiness was the perfect thing to offset the severe lack of Gerstmann this week, I imagine it'd be great to have that same brand of silliness with everyone accounted for.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

Not sure if I am remembering correctly, but didn't Vinny host some of the old Hotspots years ago? No offense to Jeff, but Vinny is more suited to hosting.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I listened to the first sixty seconds and immediately said, "I need to write something on giantbomb.com about this."

My facial expression is currently a combination of laughter contortions and that photo of Ryan looking quizzically incredulous.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I love Jeff as a host, but Vinny was great because he's pretty much great at Internet.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Amen brother!

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have people already forgotten the amazing first week of 2013 when Ryan and Jeff were both on vacation? Still one of the best weeks ever with Sleeping Dogs DLC QL and the eurotruck simulator.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah i just started this weeks bombcast, He's pretty great.

I wouldn't want him to host every week, sorta like an odd little treat now and then would be perfect so it doesnt get old.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

+5

I loved the energy - it hasn't been that energetic for a while. Jeff has this intentionally awkward style of presentation, that is alright here and then, but it worked on UPF. With Ryan gone from the Bombcast, it's been lacking a lot of that energy. Glad Vinny is here, and hope he can host more.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By 2HeadedNinja

I haven't listened yet, but it's no secret that Vinny is the secret weapon of this whole site. Everyone wants more of him.

Thats about right :)

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinny is a great host.

Fixed.

btrdeadthanred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_ruiner: Couldnt agree more. That podcast has been the best podcast in a while.

Vinny was great

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinny is a great <insert anything here>