Which Ninja Gaiden 2 should I roll with?

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By ShadowSkill11

I have a PS3 and a 360. Ninja Gaiden 2(360) has less content but doesn't censor the blood and body parts. It is also about $20 at most places now. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2(PS3) has loads of new content in it but censors the crap out of the violence. It is also going to be a full retail release price. Which should I get?

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SpecTackle

Unless you're dying for coop (fucking weird saying that about an NG game), the 360 version is a fine game. How much is the ability to jiggle breasts worth to you? :)

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Dany

NG2 Sigma adds tons more to what the 360 version has so get that one. Co-op and playing as other characters, new enemies, new battles. Get sigma

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#4  Edited By Hailinel

If you have a PS3, I see no reason not to get Sigma over the original version.  In addition to the new content, Sigma is also supposed to fix various issues that were in the original version, including its busted camera.

mondo625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By mondo625

Sigma "Fixes" the issues by cutting down on enemies from the screen at a given time. Even though they added some things to sigma I'll say go for the original on the 360 I find it a bit harder but it feels right that way. Not the mention its dirt cheap anywhere you get it. Plus adding charaters doesnt really change the story much and do you really think being able to make boobs jiggle in cutscenes is worth $60?
bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By bubahula

i would say get the 360 one for cheaper

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By beargirl1

get sigma. six axis boob jiggle, co op, more gameplay. 

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Diamond

Sigma 2 has way better graphics as well as more content, tweaked gameplay and such.  I went with Sigma 2 myself.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By zombie2011
@ShadowSkill11: Get the 360 version the game isn't worth $60, its worth $17 though.  As for coop in the PS3 version i doubt that is any good at all. Save money and go for the 360 version.
KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By KamasamaK

Sigma 2 certainly seems better (if you don't care about gore), but it's hard to justify such a price gap for the additional content unless you really want co-op and a more streamlined campaign.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JJOR64

I guess the PS3 version since it has more stuff but, the 360 version is cheap.  You can probably get it for like $20 or so.

babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By babblinmule

The 360 is cheaper, but the PS3 has more stuff to do in it with co-op, challenge mode included in the price, and more bits tacked onto the story.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By vidiot

Everything I've read points to Sigma. More gameplay and more content. 

You can also tweak the difficulty to a more forgiving pace. This might get the die-hards of the series riled up, but I think it's just fine to have an option to slowly get new people into it, versus running head first into a wall of difficulty.

eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By eclipsesis

Does violence mean tht much to you

Avatar image for origina1penguin
Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Origina1Penguin

Well since you've waiting this long without buying the 360 version, I'm going to guess that you are not impatient.  So I would wait for at least a slight price drop on Sigma.  The supposed camera tweaking, extra characters, and extra gameplay would definitely be worth it to me if I didn't already have it on 360.  Personally, I did not enjoy the game as much as Ninja Gaiden on Xbox, so I did not finish it and would not recommend it for full retail price.  That is why I suggest waiting just a little bit longer.  If you need to have it nowish, then I would suggest the cheaper version.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By trophyhunter

the ps3 one has an ass load more stuff in it so why would you even think about getting the other one

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By BigBoss1911
@eclipsesis said:
" Does violence mean tht much to you "
Thats pretty much the point of Ninja Gaiden.
jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jkz

The original, because the Xbox 360 is way better than the Playstation Shit

PerfectRad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PerfectRad

If money isn't an issue, I would highly recommend Sigma 2.  Though the difficulty is dumbed down, it feels more playable and I found it more enjoyable than the original

eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By eclipsesis
@BigBoss1911: Since when? i agree that gaiden 2 was Gorey as hell which i thought spoiled the game but the NG franchise has never been as violent as NG2, going all the way back to its NES and Sega days
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By RHCPfan24

I know that I may sound pretty savage but, man, the violence of NG2 was the real draw for me. Damn, that was a bloody game. I would go with the 360 version because of the price, honestly. I am sure Sigma 2 will be lower come Black Friday though so if you want to wait you can.

RawShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RawShark
@jukezypoo said:
" The original, because the Xbox 360 is way better than the Playstation Shit "
Oh, wow. I hope you're being a clever fanboy parody, or you're actually an idiot.

I have the 360 version of Gaiden 2, here's my answer. Get that, play it, if you really like it, get a refund and go buy Sigma 2. Simples.
jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jkz
@RawShark said:
" @jukezypoo said:
" The original, because the Xbox 360 is way better than the Playstation Shit "
Oh, wow. I hope you're being a clever fanboy parody, or you're actually an idiot.  I have the 360 version of Gaiden 2, here's my answer. Get that, play it, if you really like it, get a refund and go buy Sigma 2. Simples. "
Damn it....you caught me...
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By ajamafalous

After playing NG2 semi-regularly and then watching the quick look, it was almost painful to see the amount of gore which had been edited out.

So, basically, is it worth $40 for boobs but no gore?